• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X Yosemite [OT]

Vire

I actually much prefer these OS updates where they don't outright fuck anything up and just improve little things here and there.

I'm pretty happy with OSX Mavericks as it is.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Guess this is as good a place as any...

Regardless of OSX 10.9 or 10.10, does anyone just have awful experiences with Steam?

It's slow, it's buggy, I click and there's a delay before anything happens. It's low-res. It crashes. Hell, TF2 barely even works in game. But the client alone is garbage.

Am I alone?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Must have something to do with the Wi-Fi chip used in older models?

I had no idea it was limited to 2012 models and beyond. My wife is going to be disappointed with her MacBook Air from 2011.

Anion

Why doesn't handoff work on 2011 MBP?
I have no idea. I saw it in the last subsection of the OT:
Handoff and Instant Hotspot support:
  • MacBook Air (2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (2012 or newer)
  • iMac (2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (2012 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)
I didnt think the 2012 models were that much different than the 2011 ones...
Nonetheless, Im disappointed

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's showing in the app store but it won't download.

Zaphod

Regardless of OSX 10.9 or 10.10, does anyone just have awful experiences with Steam?

It's slow, it's buggy, I click and there's a delay before anything happens. It's low-res. It crashes. Hell, TF2 barely even works in game. But the client alone is garbage.

Am I alone?

It's a little slow on my 2011 Air but I haven't run into those problems. I've put hundreds of hours into Civ 5, Left for Dead 2 and others. The streaming from my desktop also works pretty good.

DOWN

Banned
Must have something to do with the Wi-Fi chip used in older models?

I had no idea it was limited to 2012 models and beyond. My wife is going to be disappointed with her MacBook Air from 2011.

Yeah, I've got a 2011 MBP. I don't plan on a new one for a while as most of my needs can be done between iPad and iPhone, so I might get iPad Air 2. Sometime I'll probably go for an iMac to replace the MBP I think.

DOWN

Banned
So I'm on Yosemite Beta 6. Can I just go ahead and download Yosemite from the App Store and have it transition out of beta smoothly?

Am I alone?

Nope I haven't been able to play DOTA 2 for the last two months.

edit: In OSX. I can bootcamp into Windows and it works there obv.

jts

...hate me...
I skipped PB6, currently on PB5. Should I install it before the gold release, or it won't matter?

Number45

Same here.

But I doubt I'll download it until it is completely compatible with all the software I have (Avid Media Composer has a tendency to break with each new release).
I pretty much just use mine for browsing and iCloud services. Lightroom and Photoshop are the others, but they'll be fine.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Canada, east coast.

Though, I jumped the gun too early, since I got a notification soon after that it was temporarily unavailable. Whoops.

I'm on the Beta right now, so I can wait a bit longer.

Okay thanks.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This item is temporarily unavailable. :(
Damn you (null)!

KWRhIRy.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Question for those doing a clean install:

what is the procedure for this? do you back up/wipe your sdd?

Zaphod

Nope I haven't been able to play DOTA 2 for the last two months.

edit: In OSX. I can bootcamp into Windows and it works there obv.

Do you guys have the Steam Overlay enabled? It used to cause problems so I turned it off. I don't play DOTA or Team Fortress but I do play other Valve games on my laptop.

Vire

I remember there were rumors of HD audio for iTunes 12 a while back. Did anything ever come to fruition with that?

It looks like as of now that there is no update from PB6 to the final Yosemite release today? Safe to assume that PB6 is the same version as the release today, or should I download the full version and install that?

NekoFever

It looks like as of now that there is no update from PB6 to the final Yosemite release today? Safe to assume that PB6 is the same version as the release today, or should I download the full version and install that?

Apparently the build number of the final release is 14A389. Check that against yours.

Vire

I would complain more, but it is free...

The circle was spinning for 20 seconds and I thought it was going to go through. DAMN YOU NULL.

Top Bottom