• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

By making it official after an announcement is made, this rule doesn't really do anything. People can claim sequels we know are coming, and have it official when an announcement is made.

On another note, enjoy your vacation.

That's a good point, we'll just keep it as is.

And thanks, I'll mainly be spending it at home though, but it's nice to have a break T_T

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Forfeiting the E3 General Information & FAQ 2014 OT. (Link) Found out I'm going to be on vacation the two weeks leading up to E3.

Rösti normally makes the OT, so if anyone wants to take it up I'd run it by him beforehand.
For reference I shall claim it with this post:

E3 2014 | General Information and FAQ by Rösti (15th January 2014)

Nachos

I just became a proper member and was interested in making some OTs, but I have a question. Someone already said that you can't make OTs for games not formally announced, but what about games announced in certain territories but not yet announced to be localized for others?

I saw some people already nabbed the Persona games back when they were announced for Japan back in November, but no details for any other releases have been made. They're basically guaranteed to come out in America, but in Dantis' case, he lives in Europe, which is notorious for having nebulous release dates for Atlus games. I would've assumed that you just get dibs for all the releases, but the fact that there are going to be two Bravely Default OTs kinda shot that down.

Sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm just genuinely confused.

Radec

I just became a proper member and was interested in making some OTs, but I have a question. Someone already said that you can't make OTs for games not formally announced, but what about games announced in certain territories but not yet announced to be localized for others?

I saw some people already nabbed the Persona games back when they were announced for Japan back in November, but no details for any other releases have been made. They're basically guaranteed to come out in America, but in Dantis' case, he lives in Europe, which is notorious for having nebulous release dates for Atlus games. I would've assumed that you just get dibs for all the releases, but the fact that there are going to be two Bravely Default OTs kinda shot that down.

That's what "Import Thread" is if I recall correctly.

Chettlar

Banned

They seem to have said it simply needs to be formally announced.

Often, if an game is released separate times several months apart, there will be a main OT, and then perhaps a separate one specifically for the second release that got left out of the original release.

So for example if Persona is released in Japan exclusively, there will simply be an OT for Persona. If there is a Europe/US relase later, then there will often (thought not always) be a separate OT for the new versions, especially if there are any new or changed features. In this case, there is no OT for the Japanese version. All versions subscribe to the main OT. Only later-released versions of the game receive a dedicated OP, if at all.

This often happens with games that release exclusively on consoles and then later on PC. There is almost always a PC OT of the game when this happens, often indicating what has been done on the new port, whether and what DLC for consoles is now included in the PC version natively, etc.

In that case, I believe I have seen the main OT for the game updated with PC version info, and perhaps a link to the PC OT before.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong here.

Dantis

Basically, when you claim an OT, the assumption is that you've claimed the US release (Which is specifically what I claimed for Dancing All Night). Import OTs aren't as big a deal, so there's usually just an import impression thread instead.

If there's like nine months between the US and EU releases, a second OT is sometimes made, or in some cases, the original OT is moved out of Community and back into Gaming.

whats the character limit for a post? just want to know how much i can fit into one post before needing to reserve a 2nd one. the EDF thread shouldn't NEED that much space, but i am curious if anyone knows.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
whats the character limit for a post? just want to know how much i can fit into one post before needing to reserve a 2nd one. the EDF thread shouldn't NEED that much space, but i am curious if anyone knows.

The text that you have entered is too long (592704 characters). Please shorten it to 24000 characters long.

The title of a thread can contain 85 characters (including spaces).

Nachos

They seem to have said it simply needs to be formally announced.

Often, if an game is released separate times several months apart, there will be a main OT, and then perhaps a separate one specifically for the second release that got left out of the original release.

So for example if Persona is released in Japan exclusively, there will simply be an OT for Persona. If there is a Europe/US relase later, then there will often (thought not always) be a separate OT for the new versions, especially if there are any new or changed features. In this case, there is no OT for the Japanese version. All versions subscribe to the main OT. Only later-released versions of the game receive a dedicated OP, if at all.

This often happens with games that release exclusively on consoles and then later on PC. There is almost always a PC OT of the game when this happens, often indicating what has been done on the new port, whether and what DLC for consoles is now included in the PC version natively, etc.

In that case, I believe I have seen the main OT for the game updated with PC version info, and perhaps a link to the PC OT before.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong here.
Basically, when you claim an OT, the assumption is that you've claimed the US release (Which is specifically what I claimed for Dancing All Night). Import OTs aren't as big a deal, so there's usually just an import impression thread instead.

If there's like nine months between the US and EU releases, a second OT is sometimes made, or in some cases, the original OT is moved out of Community and back into Gaming.

Okay, got it! Part of me assumed that was the case, but it hardly seemed fair to just assume that as the default mode of operation, particularly with GAFers all over the place. Basically, I was just checking to see if I needed to check my "US-centric privileges" at the door. =P

Rich!

HI GUYS

Could I please request the OT for 24: Live Another Day? It'll be up in late April, posted in Off Topic as it's a TV show.

I've never done an OT before, so I dunno if this is the correct procedure

24: Live Another Day by richisawesome (22nd Jan 2014)

OT will go up last week of april

TCKaos

I've been trying to get the Battle of Z OT going, but my photoshop just isn't having it.

That with the fact that the DBZ thread is slow enough as it is, I'm not sure that there's even a reason for it to exist.

Chettlar

Banned
[OT] Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number by The Incredible Muffin (27th January 2014)

I would love to make a solid contribution to this website :)

That'd be cool, but to be able to post that, you're going to need to step up your post count. You've been a member for more than three months, so you're all good there, but you still have to reach 300 posts as well to become a full member, so you can make a thread. Hope that's helpful.

Otherwise, I look forward to your OT! :)

That'd be cool, but to be able to post that, you're going to need to step up your post count. You've been a member for more than three months, so you're all good there, but you still have to reach 300 posts as well to become a full member, so you can make a thread. Hope that's helpful.

Otherwise, I look forward to your OT! :)

Oh really?

I did not know about any minimums. I come to Neogaf everyday but I guess I am more a reader than writer. Hotline Miami 2 is a game I know I will be very active in the OT so might as well make it :)

Thank you for the tips! :)

Chettlar

Banned
If anyone hasn't claimed it yet, I'd like to do the OT for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

A quick thread search would show that nobody has, and I believe you're supposed to follow a certain format for claiming OTs. It'd be rather crappy of them, but I believe somebody else could technically take claim to Ninja Gaiden Z if they did it the proper way. I would suggest following the format in the OP. :)

Tizoc

A quick thread search would show that nobody has, and I believe you're supposed to follow a certain format for claiming OTs. It'd be rather crappy of them, but I believe somebody else could technically take claim to Ninja Gaiden Z if they did it the proper way. I would suggest following the format in the OP. :)

Will do~

So no one wanted to make an OT for Octodad? I mean, I could, but I'm too busy to work on anything before Saturday, and I'm not likely to buy the game any time soon :p

Roo

Nemesis_, I just wanted to let you know that Mario Kart 8 is coming out in May.
A minor thing but you can remove it from the general releases list :)

Levyne

Banned
I think Nemesis is on vacation so we have to fend for ourselves for a bit, haha/

ha

panic.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
Well, it's not likely anyone's going to want to play D3, but may as well put it there for reference!
I liked doom 3

I liked it, too. I'm not going to say that I wish they called it something else, because I don't.. but I can understand why some people may be hesitant to welcome it as a Doom game.

That said, most people have no problem accepting Final Doom so they shouldn't talk ;)

edit: Levyne, that works

Levyne

Banned
Just hide it at the bottom, haha

"DOOM 3 discussion reluctantly permitted"

And yeah, since there's no game release it sounds like it would be a Community thread (though it can start out in gaming and get moved) , unless you fashion it into a RTTP.

Raptomex

I've always said this; "Doom 3 is a good game just not a good Doom game". I could include it just to show it exists.

I was going to ask about where to post it as well. So gaming first then?

cj_iwakura

I've always said this; Doom 3 is a good game just not a good Doom game. I could include it just to show it exists.

I was going to ask about where to post it as well. So gaming first then?

Generally they get a couple days in Gaming to draw attention then get shuffled into Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom