• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptomex

Generally they get a couple days in Gaming to draw attention then get shuffled into Community.
Ok, cool. Well if anyone wants to help with the Doom OT feel free to PM me. I'm more than familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator and I'm thinking of going with the pretty approach. What image host should I use? I know certain one's are forbidden here.

cj_iwakura

Ok, cool. Well if anyone wants to help with the Doom OT feel free to PM me. I'm more than familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator and I'm thinking of going with the pretty approach. What image host should I use? I know certain one's are forbidden here.

Imgur is my go-to.

Roo

I think Nemesis is on vacation so we have to fend for ourselves for a bit, haha/

ha

panic.gif

Didn't know that. Thanks.

i.minus is great.

Nemesis_

I think Nemesis is on vacation so we have to fend for ourselves for a bit, haha/

ha

panic.gif

Ha! I was. I swear I always do these updates weekly but then I check the last updated date and it's been a month. I always say I'll get on top of it each update too, but yeah. A bit annoying that I have been so slack.

I have been on vacation though, our beach house just got renovated so I've been here making sure the final touches are just right. But with a view like this I can't complain

2cf6da8292df11e38f1a125ddbfa3836_8.jpg

The thread is all updated! I'll try to stay on top this time. I promise. :p

hlhbk

Really looking forward to the Doom OT!

PBalfredo

I would like to clarify something. I'm listed as claiming "Wargaming.net: World of Tanks, Warplanes, Warships", but that was the title of the OT originally proposed by Helix. When that OT didn't materialize I asked Helix if I could make an World of Tanks OT, and he let me. But since I'm listed under making an OT for all of Wargaming, it's created confusion with other posters who think that dibs have already been called for World of Warplanes, World of Tanks 360 version, etc. Please change my claim to reflect my actual OT "World of Tanks |OT| Big guns and penetration"

I've been PMing with RMS Gigantic who is interested in making a specific World of Warplanes OT, which is fine with me.

greenfish

Banned
I'm new here.. hence why I can't make a thread.

But what is the point of OT?

On other forums they use OT to reduce spam, make it easier for the reader to find the content.

Look at these threads (made up thread titles, example)

Titanfall OT (why isn't everything related to Titanfall posted here?)

Titanfall trailer
Titanfall trailer 60fps
whos getting titanfall at launch?
If you like mechs will you like titanfall?
Hi, anyone getting titanfall?
Titanfall 1080p 60fps trailer

^^^ I'd love to make a thread about this spamming, but i'm not allowed.

Why aren't the mods enforcing everyone to use OT?

Thanks

Radec

I'm new here.. hence why I can't make a thread.

But what is the point of OT?

On other forums they use OT to reduce spam, make it easier for the reader to find the content.

Look at these threads (made up thread titles, example)

Titanfall OT (why isn't everything related to Titanfall posted here?)

Titanfall trailer
Titanfall trailer 60fps
whos getting titanfall at launch?
If you like mechs will you like titanfall?
Hi, anyone getting titanfall?
Titanfall 1080p 60fps trailer

^^^ I'd love to make a thread about this spamming, but i'm not allowed.

Why aren't the mods enforcing everyone to use OT?

Thanks

OT or Official Threads are posted atleast a week before the game launches. The thread's purpose is to anticipate and discuss the game on a single thread.

It is also a very good source information especially for those who are can't follow the news of that game.

Spoiler threads or Multiplayer threads are separated most of the time.

Also, those are not spamming, those threads are pretty much normal here in anticipation of hyped or famous games.

Levyne

Banned
2 factors.

The "rule" is "new news, new thread". New trailer, screenshots, whatever, it gets a new thread so that news isn't put into megathreads where no one can tell whether they were bumped with information or bumped just with comments or discussion.

Second, OT's go up a week before the release of the game. So before this week, there's no real centralized location.

greenfish

Banned
OT or Official Threads are posted atleast a week before the game launches. The thread's purpose is to anticipate and discuss the game on a single thread.

It is also a very good source information especially for those who are can't follow the news of that game.

Spoiler threads or Multiplayer threads are separated most of the time.

Also, those are not spamming, those threads are pretty much normal here in anticipation of hyped or famous games.

Oh a week before, then it makes sense. Yes this whole community is a great goldmine to find unaltered information directly from the devs, that's why neogaf is such a famous community. But sometimes it's hard as hell finding the right threads or staying up to date, the threads moves so fast here.

2 factors.

The "rule" is "new news, new thread". New trailer, screenshots, whatever, it gets a new thread so that news isn't put into megathreads where no one can tell whether they were bumped with information or bumped just with comments or discussion.

Second, OT's go up a week before the release of the game. So before this week, there's no real centralized location.

I see, it sounds logical to me now. But again it's hard to a new member to find the really fruitful threads. Especially when they get buried so quickly.

Sure one could bookmark the right threads I guess.

Thanks guys

Nemesis_

All updated once again.

I would like to clarify something. I'm listed as claiming "Wargaming.net: World of Tanks, Warplanes, Warships", but that was the title of the OT originally proposed by Helix. When that OT didn't materialize I asked Helix if I could make an World of Tanks OT, and he let me. But since I'm listed under making an OT for all of Wargaming, it's created confusion with other posters who think that dibs have already been called for World of Warplanes, World of Tanks 360 version, etc. Please change my claim to reflect my actual OT "World of Tanks |OT| Big guns and penetration"

I've been PMing with RMS Gigantic who is interested in making a specific World of Warplanes OT, which is fine with me.

I'm working on the text for a World of Warplanes OT as we speak!

One of these OTs is up and the other one came out in November already. I've removed the listing to cause anymore confusion. Sorry about that. ;_;

LuuKyK

Nemesis, I probably wont be able to do the OT for Ar no Surge anymore, considering I will probably be way to busy, and who knows when the game will be released here anyway, so I would appreciate if you could just remove my claim from the list so that anyone else can take the OT if they want (btw, I think there is someone already doing the japanese thread, so maybe they can expand that to an eventual international release, it would even be easier I think).

Anyway, here is my post claiming it:

Ar no Surge by LuuKyK (10th Nov., 2013)

Did anyone claim this already? Anyway, I am claiming it for the thread of an eventual west release of the game.

I will probably need help with content and graphics, but since its far from release (no release date announced yet - Japan and West) it can be decided later.

I will go back and edit/remove it just in case, to avoid confusion.

Thanks.

Raptomex

Do I have to officially claim an OT or something? I discussed with a few people here, a week or 2 ago that I was doing a DOOM OT. Obviously these aren't new games but I don't want to break any rules or step on any toes. The OT should be done in a few days or sooner. Also, should I be posting this in gaming or community?

Roo

Do I have to officially claim an OT or something? I discussed with a few people here, a week or 2 ago that I was doing a DOOM OT
Yes, you have to post here claiming said OT using Nemesis_ formatting.

Obviously these aren't new games but I don't want to break any rules or step on any toes.
I'm not familiar with the franchise so I'm not sure what do you mean with "aren't new games" didn't Bethesda recently reveal access to a beta version of the newest game?
Anyway, every new game can have its own OT so I don't see why not this one.

The OT should be done in a few days or sooner. Also, should I be posting this in gaming or community?
OT's are usually posted a week before the game's release in Gaming.
After a month or so, a mod will move it to Community.

Raptomex

Yes, you have to post here claiming said OT using Nemesis_ formatting.

I'm not familiar with the franchise so I'm not sure what do you mean with "aren't new games" didn't Bethesda recently reveal access to a beta version of the newest game?
Anyway, every new game can have its own OT so I don't see why not this one.

OT's are usually posted a week before the game's release in Gaming.
After a month or so, a mod will move it to Community.
It would be an OT for DOOM 1, 2, and Final Doom. Discussions of the games, mods, and source ports, and anything else related I suppose. The games were officially released in the 90s.

Well I'll officially express interest in it now then and post the nemesis format when I get home. I'll create the DOOM OT since we don't have one.

Raptomex

Ok, thanks.

EDIT: I got the approval from EatChildren for creating a DOOM OT. I'll claim it when I get home to follow the appropriate steps. Thanks again.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Guys will have to apologize in advance and step down from the tokyo new world record operation abyss OT.

Reason being is sudden change in schedule and will be away for work for a few months starting next month and without my usual proper PC wont be able to do the OT correctly D:

If I do manage to get a better PC while away on work still might be a possibility, but for the time being will have to step down. That and we still dont have an exact date anyways with the title as the HP has it listed as 2014 spring. Cant exactly do good graphical work at any sort of speed on an ipad...

Am sure someone who loves the genre / devs like cj_iwakura would step up and do it justice.

EBE

well if no ones volunteered yet:

Kinect Sports Rivals by EBE (27th February 2014)

doesnt seem to be getting much talk here, but it is a rather large release for the xbox one, so it deserves something.

ive actually already started some work on it, but need help with fonts/graphics. PM me if youre interested. i would appreciate it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom