• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Our special Zidane strip

{Mike}

Banned
As always, feedback of any kind is appreciated. I think we scored with this one, just let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy.

strip4anglaisrw0.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i really like the artwork, as always. the situations and jokes need serious work, though. The last one was pretty funny from what i remember.

Ryck

Im sorry man I wanted to like it....but honesty is good right?

It wasn't romotely funny, the concept has potential, the execution needs work

Senretsu

The artwork and coloring is good. I had to read it a few times to undertand it, I don't see any ninja's in this strip. Might want to rework it, and I usually laugh at almost every Zidane joke because he's so funny and awesome at the same time. You've got promise as an artist, just keep trying.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
the story progression didnt make any logical sense to me. is english your first language?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Are you French, Mike?

Because I've been keeping up with the French news with Zidane and stuff, so I guess I get it more than the rest of the guys here do... (I'm not French, just been keeping up on it because of the hilarious gifs on the net)...

And keeping the theme of French enjoying this Zidane thing, here is UbiSoft's take on Zidane... good for a few laughs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbE-sNsR_vo

Ryck said:
Im sorry man I wanted to like it....but honesty is good right?

It wasn't romotely funny it's good concept just poor execution

What he said is true. There's no subtlety in the execution, the 'joke' is made too obvious in the first panel, so the rest is just waiting for it to play itself out.

If you wanted the whole Hitman/Zidane crossover idea, I think there would be two ways to play it. Either having Materazzi being stalked by an unseen person before being strangled Hitman-style and then revealing it's Zidane. Or following a bald assasin as he goes after his not fully revealed mark, only revealing the assassin is Zidane and the mark is Materazzi at the very end. Either way the 'reveal' should be left until the very end.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I think the main problem is that it's overdone -- we've seen all the animated gifs and it's tough to top some of those.

{Mike}

Banned
Thanks :) And i'm not the artist, i'm just the "boss". Scripting is the hard part and what we will really focus on. There's no ninja, it was a bad joke. And yes - i'm french. Our strips are made in french first, then we do an english version for GAF (no joke) just to be able to have more feedback from a different point of view. That also explains the grammar and/or typing errors, bad jokes (ok maybe not all :p).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
{Mike} said:
Thanks :) And i'm not the artist, i'm just the "boss". Scripting is the hard part and what we will really focus on. There's no ninja, it was a bad joke. And yes - i'm french. Our strips are made in french first, then we do an english version for GAF (no joke) just to be able to have more feedback from a different point of view. That also explains the grammar and/or typing errors, bad jokes (ok maybe not all :p).

Knew it :)

Yeah, you'd really have to be French or be into the Zidane to really get what's going on and so on - plus you explained the whole translation thing, so don't feel bad that it went over GAF's head - jokes from your own country never translate well into other territories...

Nander

The first panel is great with Zidane using the tape measure like Hitman uses a piano wire.

But not very funny, unfortunately.

Sylfurd

{Mike} said:
As always, feedback of any kind is appreciated. I think we scored with this one, just let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy.

strip4anglaisrw0.jpg
The comparison is cool but I don't find it really fun ... and I'm french ! That's not the kind of humor I like it's a bit too easy :eek:

WalkMan said:
That's just fabulous !! Awesome !! This guy has the best humor I know !

{Mike}

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Knew it :)

Yeah, you'd really have to be French or be into the Zidane to really get what's going on and so on - plus you explained the whole translation thing, so don't feel bad that it went over GAF's head - jokes from your own country never translate well into other territories...

Well I don't excuse our scripting for that. We have to think better, that's all. I like Die Squirrel Die's entry too. At least, we cutted some panels since we started creating strips :lol

fatty

Since I have no art skills, I had to "borrow" from other comics. Here's a couple that I did right before E3.

DilbertWII.jpg

Right after the announcement of the new name (I love the Big N but seeing the response due to the name "Wii" was priceless):

CalvinHobbesE3.jpg

Jewbacca

Banned
fatty said:
Since I have no art skills, I had to "borrow" from other comics. Here's a couple that I did right before E3.

DilbertWII.jpg

Right after the announcement of the new name (I love the Big N but seeing the response due to the name "Wii" was priceless):

CalvinHobbesE3.jpg

you lose.

Tortfeasor

fatty said:

DilbertWII.jpg

CalvinHobbesE3.jpg

Yeah, these are really terrible... Plus, they are a copyright violation! Bonus!

Top Bottom