• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast |OT|

Razorskin

----- ------
eziyrWC.jpg

Developer: Red Barrels

Platforms: Windows PC, PS4

Release: September 4th 2013 (PC), TBA 2014 (PS4)

Background:

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, has been operating in strict secrecy… until now.

Acting on a tip from an inside source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

Features:

• True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter - if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run... or hide
  • Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
  • Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
  • Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when - and from where - one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
  • Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity

Screenshots

Videos

bp50nxr.png
TBA

Reviews Thank you haikira for gathering them

RockPaperShotgun.com

RelyOnHorror.com 10/10

Boody-Disgusting.com 9.5/10

gamrReview 9.5/10

Edge.com 9/10

GameFront.com 90/100

Joystiq 4.5/5

VentureBeat.com 89/100

ThunderboltGames.com 8/10

BlisteredThumbs.net 8/10

GameTrailers.com 7.8/10

Polygon.com 7.5/10

Gamespot.com 7/10

Nope, this is UE3. People are confusing this with Daylight. Just look at the UE logos used with both games. With this it's red, with Daylight it's blue and has a 4 in its index.

Afro

"In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum."

all I needed to read. insta-buy.

I thought this was coming out September 14th. Stop releasing so many games ;-; Always get this confused with Daylight though, the Jessica Chobot penned masterpiece to be.

NoTacos

watched a vid of PewDiePie play this last night lol brilliant.
Love the use of the night vision cam to see in the dark

Just watched the trailer. Looks cool, but this is a game I am never going to play.

You can watch me go through the torture. Going to record my blind playthrough with a go pro for my face cam on my youtube channel. I won't be crying or whining every second. For the most part going to keep quite other then to comment on a few natural things I might think to myself. I do jump really easy though so... Yeah. I expect shats to be shit.

Zep

Banned
So usually vents are safehavens in videogames...But from what I've seen, not this one. Not sure I can do it man.

Had no idea this was so soon. Neat. Unlike Daylight, this actually looks good.

That warning on the Steam page is kinda great:
Steam said:
Warning:

Outlast contains intense violence, gore, graphic sexual content, and strong language. Please enjoy.

red731

Great OT!
I just bought it. I know I will shit my pants, but here you go Red Barrels!
Make me shit mah pants.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You can watch me go through the torture. Going to record my blind playthrough with a go pro for my face cam on my youtube channel. I won't be crying or whining every second. For the most part going to keep quite other then to comment on a few natural things I might think to myself. I do jump really easy though so... Yeah. I expect shats to be shit.

Sounds like fun, I'll check it out. I love watching LPs of horror games that I am too chicken to play.

I felt my nerves being tested during Mirror's Edge. Now we have Mirror's Edge + Silent Hill?

Goodbye to my once clean pants

Top Bottom