• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast |OT|

Saty

|OT| So scary it'll give you Amnesia.

Dunno if i would have released this game so close to the new Amnesia game. Wonder if it will affect sales.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just watched the extended trailer. Very predictable and yet it still gave me the shits. :lol

I'm so weak in my old age, horror games will probably be the death of me.

FINALBOSS

Banned
100% in on this.

Pre-ordered it a few days ago along with Amnesia. Pretty pumped because it looks quite good.

Will double dip on PS4 if it's excellent.

stufte

|OT| So scary it'll give you Amnesia.

Dunno if i would have released this game so close to the new Amnesia game. Wonder if it will affect sales.

Who knows. What I do know, however, is that I bought both for less than the cost of a regular retail game.

I'm hoping to finish this one just in time for AMFP.

It's going to be a horrifying couple of weeks folks.

The horror notes seem a little predictable and the monster design is kinda silly, but who am I kidding, I will buy this in a Steam sale and be terrified while playing it.

Watched the 140IQanticonsumernasalvoiceguy, errr I mean totalbisquit video and it doesn't seem that scary afterall.

The MGS like patrol routes and animations break the illusion, and getting picked up and thrown back multiple times with no consequences etc doesn't make me feel vulnerable either.

At least in the demo the biggest enemy is the camera battery (which is a time limit of sorts I guess, unless you trial and error start over to save on batteries) before its pitch dark.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Buying on Steam when I get home. I know this is not common for going through a game on the first time, but does anyone want to try doing a challenge run?

Night time only.
Must be played in it's entirety in one sitting.
Headphones mandatory.
If there's a difficulty selection it must be set to the highest option.

Dante Must Die mode:
Only one 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew and one 60.2g bag of Doritos allowed.

AWintory

Neo Member
Yow! How'd I miss this til now?

As a Colorado native, I must say this is a very accurate depiction of everyday life....

:)

red731

Less than 23 hours!

tumblr_mm4pxwXiLJ1r5a262o1_500.gif

I hope thisa game isnt trying to be too scary.

You need proper tension to scare properly.

Last thing I want is a game where monsters emerge from the shadows every 5 seconds, DOOM 3 style.

Gbraga

Buying on Steam when I get home. I know this is not common for going through a game on the first time, but does anyone want to try doing a challenge run?

Night time only.
Must be played in it's entirety in one sitting.
Headphones mandatory.
If there's a difficulty selection it must be set to the highest option.

Dante Must Die mode:
Only one 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew and one 60.2g bag of Doritos allowed.

How long is it supposed to be anyway? If it's anything more than 4 hours I probably won't have the time to play through it in one sitting.

red731

How long is it supposed to be anyway? If it's anything more than 4 hours I probably won't have the time to play through it in one sitting.

I read here, or somewhere else, that you can speed through it in 5 hours.
But who will we gonna lie, we will hopefuly finish this in months to come.

Red Barrels said Outlast should take about five to six hours to complete.

jaaz

Anyone know when Steam is unlocking this game? It says release is 9/4, but then it says 21 hours to unlock. That's 9/5 for me at least... Bummed, was looking to playing this at midnight tonight (the only time to play).

Anyone know when Steam is unlocking this game? It says release is 9/4, but then it says 21 hours to unlock. That's 9/5 for me at least... Bummed, was looking to playing this at midnight tonight (the only time to play).

It most likely will launch at 1pm EST on Wednesday. So around 17 hours from now.

Day 1 when it hits PS4. This coupled with Sony's rumored VR headset, or Rift support if/when that ever comes to PS4, could be fantastic.

Razorskin

----- ------

The game is being released at the same time globally, for most it would be the 4th but for some it would be the 5th. The countdown is the correct time of release.

Shane

Reviews go out tomorrow at 9 EST. Game is released in the afternoon.

In the dark with headphones is a must.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Reviews go out tomorrow at 9 EST. Game is released in the afternoon.

That's good for the people who absolutely need to see reviews, since the 20% off deal will overlap the review drop time by a few hours.

Can't wait to play it. Looks really cool. Gonna be doing a full let's play on it too :D good times to be a horror fan. I just hope it's as scary and tense as people say and they're not just wusses who get scared really really easily

Wish there was a pre-load though. Comes out in the evening and my internet sucks so I won't get to play it before bed tomorrow night :(

Well duh. Playing a horror game any other way is wrong.

Outlast preorder. Check
Huntsman: The Orphanage preorder. Check
Amnesia: A Machine for pigs preorder. Check.

I'm missing only Paranormal, because I didn't see nothing yet. But I'm going to GET ALL.

The Steam Horror Week! :O

~Kinggi~

Banned
Outlast preorder. Check

I'm missing only Paranormal, because I didn't see nothing yet. But I'm going to GET ALL.

Woah. Never heard of Huntsman before, thanks for mentioning it!

edit: Where do you preorder Huntsman? Steam isnt selling it.

Edit2: shit never heard of paranormal either. And they are all actually releasing within like 10 days of each other.

Woah. Never heard of Huntsman before, thanks for mentioning it!

edit: Where do you preorder Huntsman? Steam isnt selling it.

Edit2: shit never heard of paranormal either. And they are all actually releasing within like 10 days of each other.

amazon.com digital download, 5,99 dollars in discount for the late summer promotion.

Outlast preorder. Check

I remember hearing of Huntsman a while back, nice to know it was greenlit.

Huntsman1.jpg

Top Bottom