• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast |OT|

Wondering if on the night of release, I should also live stream, get gaffers in the chat, and we can take fun bets on how far I get before I literally freak the fuck out.

No combat in this game though, and has "parkour-inspired platforming elements"

eAvEVtS.gif

Lol!

I think I can live without the combat. Man...when the frig is Condemned 3 coming out! Or at least some info about a potential game. :(

Is this the one with Oculus Rift compatability, or was that another horror game?

I think Rev3Games discussed how they would not want to see Outlast on the Oculus, just due to the fact that it'd be a difficult game to handle mentally with that setup. So you could be getting it from that discussion.

I'm inclined to agree there though. I love the horror genre in all its narrative forms, but the OR would probably be too much for a lot of people.

AkuMifune

Banned
The one two punch of this and Amnesia will be awesome, but now I'm ready to get the horror started early.

I know how terrible the Silent Hill HD collection is, but I'm tempted all the same.

microtubule

One two punch, heh nice way to put it.

This looks really good. The IGN video was funny and I kept thinking how I would look playing it; Maybe too much like a serial killer because I am desensitized to this stuff. Even so I loved Section 8 the movie and Condemned.

I already have Amnesia pre-ordered and between this and Brothers next week the wallet threat level is high.

I can't play scary games at all (I generally find the only room in the game I'm comfortable in, preferably well lit and then I get my shit together for 30 minutes at which point I decide to quit the game) so I'll probably just watch someone get scared playing this one on youtube instead.
It looks great nonetheless.

Atomski

Shit didnt realize this was out so soon. Figured it was a ways off after they announced a Ps4 version.

PC get!

Dying Light I believe. Runs on UE4.

Nah, Dying Light is the zombie parkour game by the Dead Island people. He's thinking of Daylight, which is an Unreal Engine 4 game penned by Jessica Chobot. I've made the same mistake a few times in my head.

Dude, this would be unbearable with OR.

The nightmares would be insane.

Exactly! And they should put in a special function where if you try to pause when using the Rift mode it freezes you in place so you have to watch yourself get killed
or close your eyes

Top Bottom