• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch adds another LGBTQ Charcter.

bitbydeath

The second one will remind you that Ellie is a lesbian every five minutes so if you anyone thinks this is bad then don't even buy the sequel.

S8Yf0Er.gif

Fuz

Banned
Probably OW is losing players quite fast, so they need to appeal to certain people and spark some sort controversy to be relevant again.

In short: scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Saying you can’t relate to a character because the character doesn’t have the same race/gender/sexuality as you, simply means you’re a racist/sexist/bigot. You can lie to yourself all you want.

Last edited:
The second one will remind you that Ellie is a lesbian every five minutes so if you anyone thinks this is bad then don't even buy the sequel.

I know shitting on Sony is popular recently but Naughty Dog are masters of storytelling so no TLOU2 won't be any kind of diversity checklist product.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
No. That is a step too close to Resetera.
A personal attack is a direct attack using their name. What you’re suggesting my friend is a slippery slope that leads nowhere good.
I guess mods disagree and banned the folks who claimed non heterosexuals are mentally ill and spent several posts trying to back it up while ignoring current scientific consensus. Actually, one of the 2 (?) was already banned before I used the report function as was suggested by a mod the other day since it took me a day or so to finally get around to it. Sorry. Just informing you of the situation and what happened.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Clearly I don’t? Was asking for a thread ban egregious? Sorry I’m not as functional as you are. Jesus Christ

This forum isn’t friendly
Will be back with the community on January 14: '' JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered Jan 11, 2019- Jan 14, 2019 Requested permaban changed to temporary expiring on Monday. Take the weekend and cool off for now. Everything's fine. :)''

This is a PSA.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I guess mods disagree and banned the folks who claimed non heterosexuals are mentally ill and spent several posts trying to back it up while ignoring current scientific consensus. Actually, one of the 2 (?) was already banned before I used the report function as was suggested by a mod the other day since it took me a day or so to finally get around to it. Sorry. Just informing you of the situation and what happened.

You should read the reason for the ban. It wasn't due to the core idea of what was posted, but the manner of which it was given.

Alexios

You should read the reason for the ban. It wasn't due to the core idea of what was posted, but the manner of which it was given.
Feel free to claim non heterosexuals are mentally ill based on that trait alone and we'll see how that's handled then. How differently can you frame it, they pretty much just stated that in the posts I recall. I guess maybe you make it a question pretending you don't already know only for people to just drop the facts about the scientific concensus and leave it at that, but that will be very different to what they did.

Last edited:

Are you really in here flexing about using the report button? Yet another derail of the thread.

Redneckerz

Feel free to claim non heterosexuals are mentally ill based on that trait alone and we'll see how that's handled then. How differently can you frame it, they pretty much just stated that in the posts I recall. I guess maybe you make it a question pretending you don't already know only for people to just drop the facts about the scientific concensus and leave it at that, but that will be very different to what they did.
That isn't what he is saying. He isn't talking about the package that caused the ban, but the wraps that surrounded said package.

Take this stuff to a staff member privately and let this thread go its merry way. Even saying this is already me grabbing a backseat so i am not going to repeat myself here.

hecatomb

Banned
Ellie has a very long backstory, and the game has a story. OW doesn't have a story unless you research it, it makes it feel like the gay and lesbian characters are just forced in OW. Last of us, it doesn't really feel forced. Last of us the whole game is based on a story. While OW isn't

Last edited:

Alexios

That isn't what he is saying. He isn't talking about the package that caused the ban, but the wraps that surrounded said package.

Take this stuff to a staff member privately and let this thread go its merry way. Even saying this is already me grabbing a backseat so i am not going to repeat myself here.
Are you really in here flexing about using the report button? Yet another derail of the thread.
People quoted me, I responded, stop doing it and I likely won't be in this thread like I wasn't before I was quoted, lol? You complain/accuse people engage with others quoting them? Next level shit, gg.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

People quoted me, I responded, stop doing it and I likely won't be in this thread like I wasn't before I was quoted, lol? You complain/accuse people engage with others quoting them? Next level shit, gg.
I am saying you literally aren't reading Dr. Claus Dr. Claus 's post correctly. He says: ''You should read the reason for the ban. It wasn't due to the core idea of what was posted, but the manner of which it was given.''

Your answer: ''Feel free to claim non heterosexuals are mentally ill based on that trait alone and we'll see how that's handled then. How differently can you frame it, they pretty much just stated that in the posts I recall. I guess maybe you make it a question pretending you don't already know only for people to just drop the facts about the scientific concensus and leave it at that, but that will be very different to what they did.''

Emphasis mine. You are translating his comment to something he isn't even saying, effectively extrapolating/extracting something from his words that weren't even said in the first place, nor implied.

I don't know what you are reading into his comment but you don't have to make stuff up so it appears that Claus is saying something that he didn't even remotely say to begin with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom