• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Woetyler

That makes no sense, why wouldn't they just ban Roadhog or Mei then if that was really such an issue in 3v3.

An easy fix would be to just disable autohealers autoheals, and only allow healers to heal players in 3v3. Or, they could've just kept it the way everyone liked it.

Wanderer5

LMAO, get a win in the new 3v3 where I was Lucio in the last round, so what do I get in the loot box from that, freaking Lucio skin.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Lucio's new skin have new jazz inspired healing/speed songs

tenor.gif

Finally a Pimp Lucius costume.

Flip4k

Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have gotten Blackwatch Genji. I can't see a time where I would prefer using that over Oni or Sentai.

Wanderer5

Wait, Jeff is saying the Lucio skin's song adapts to the skin...

...Did they add Epic Sax to Lucio?!

Speed song has a different startup with some loud trumpet (and then goes back to the regular speed song), while I think the healing song has a completely different song.

I love this skin so much.

I posted about it on r/overwatch and the consensus is that they did it for auto healing characters like roadhog, and if you're against this decision Blizzard made then you're "obviously a roadhog player". It's an idiotic decision, because if you have knowledge of the game you'd be able to counter characters that can heal/autoheal. This new decision essentially gives the losing team a crutch, and makes winning unenjoyable. You go Blizzard, yay and stuff.
Jfc , that alleviates the whole strategy of doing counter picks and just essentially turns it into play a random character. Such a dumb change, adding single capture point would make 3v3s much more interesting IMO.

Jfc , that alleviates the whole strategy of doing counter picks and just essentially turns it into play a random character. Such a dumb change, adding single capture point would make 3v3s much more interesting IMO.

As someone who loves Mystery Heroes, this sounds amazing to me. :D

First box legendary

Its B.va

Better than nothing lol

But holy shit can we talk about blizzards love of self healers in 1v1? Its an absolute drag on the match. I've seen ana so many times its nuts, mei, hog, soldier, uhg

Betty

Banned
At this point I'm pretty sure that whoever at Blizzard is the one in charge of giving wip skins their seal of approval, hates Zarya with a fiery passion.

That's the only explanation.

Should've made her all armoured like Iron Man or something.

I don't think the new 3v3 and 1v1 modes are permanent defaults, but just for the event. Afterwards you'll probably have to select those rules for custom games or something.

Woetyler

As someone who loves Mystery Heroes, this sounds amazing to me. :D

You still have to pick your character, just once one team wins they can no longer use the character they won the round with, and it stays like that till the games over. And you don't even really have a lot of time to pick a new character, let alone discuss it. It just limits your freedom in an ARCADE game mode, where things like "no limit" exist.

Woetyler

What changed?

They added character lockout and a point in the middle of the map for overtime. Winning team of the round can no longer use the characters they won the round with for the rest of the game, losing team can still select the same characters until they win a round.

Oxn

They added character lockout and a point in the middle of the map for overtime. Winning team of the round can no longer use the characters they won the round with for the rest of the game, losing team can still select the same characters until they win a round.

If i use roadhog and win can my teammate use roadhog 2nd game?

You still have to pick your character, just once one team wins they can no longer use the character they won the round with, and it stays like that till the games over. And you don't even really have a lot of time to pick a new character, let alone discuss it. It just limits your freedom in an ARCADE game mode, where things like "no limit" exist.

It's meant to shake things up, and I love it.

Everything you're listing as a negative of the mode I'm seeing as a positive.

Wanderer5

Lockout 3v3 can definitely make the mode more interesting. I haven't been through Anubis yet, but the other two maps seem pretty nice enough. I glad that this mode (and 1v1 also) won't feel so stale now.

Cels

wait so is this new lockout rule an additional arcade mode for 3v3 or is old 3v3 with any hero you want gone from the arcade?

kiaaa

Went ahead and bought 10 loot boxes. Didn't get Genji or Tracer and I'm only gonna have the credits for one by the end of the event. This is gonna be a tough choice unless I get really lucky.

-MD-

I feel like the only people that would be against that lockout change would be if you only play 1 hero.

Roadhog is picked like 90% of the time so I welcome it.

Woetyler

It's meant to shake things up, and I love it.

Everything you're listing as a negative of the mode I'm seeing as a positive.

I understand why people like the change and all, I really do. It's just from my perspective, all Blizzard did was take your freedom. As someone who primarily only plays 3v3s, it's just a bummer. I liked being able to play certain characters anytime I want, unless someone else is playing them. 3v3s are laid back and are meant to be treated that way. This just makes winning less fun because now you can't use your main after one round. Sure, running into a team comprised of Soldier, Mercy, and Roadhog means you're going to have a bad time. But by then forcing the other team to change characters also takes the challenge and reward away from beating them the next round.

I think this event is bloated for a timed anniversary event with no theme that it just feels really off for a 3 week event only. These random skins should be in base game.

Anyways, hope I get Symmetra's anniversary skin.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I feel like the only people that would be against that lockout change would be if you only play 1 hero.

Roadhog is picked like 90% of the time so I welcome it.

Exactly, Roadhog + Ana/Mercy setup is picked in every 3v3 match i play.

I actually really like the lockout. Sure, you can't just play with what your good ate, but honestly it makes matches far more interesting when the teams can't go with the meta picks the whole game. By taking away the winners ability to use the more suitable heroes, you create a game where both teams use very different things I haven't actually seen in 3v3.

I am a Lucio main for life, love the new skin.

But I am also a Super Sentai fanatic. I'm now learning Genji just for the Kamen Rider skin. Damn you, Blizzard.

Z3M0G

"Over 100 new items"

Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, ...

Fuck... do you want me to buy your game or not, Blizzard? :/

Seriously though... GOTY edition is sitting in my PSN cart right now... I figure I'd check out this trailer to see if it pushes me to the Check Out button, but then I see that shit...

Or you can just play and use in-game currency to get what you want. You don't HAVE to have everything.

I forgot about that actually... has the cost of items changed at all? Do the older skins still cost what they did in the early months? Does the currency come faster now?

"Over 100 new items"

Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, Spray, ...

You joke, but I always hate item counts as a bullet point because usually players have a really bad concept of item counts.

Like when you realize that every character for a gold player icon, a spray, a dance emote, and a voice line, all of a sudden you're at 96 items pretty quickly.

That's assuming each character only gets 1 of each.

Destiny was always really bad about that, too.

KLoWn

"Over 100 new items"

Fuck... do you want me to buy your game or not, Blizzard? :/

Seriously though... GOTY edition is sitting in my PSN cart right now... I figure I'd check out this trailer to see if it pushes me to the Check Out button, but then I see that shit...

I forgot about that actually... has the cost of items changed at all? Do the older skins still cost what they did in the early months? Does the currency come faster now?

Didn't you just say:

Maybe I shouldn't have sold this game... maybe...

Nevermind. It can go fuck itself. I'll boot up DoA instead where I can spend only $5 on exactly what I want.
It seems you don't want to play the game at all, just whine about stuff .

Top Bottom