• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Beta Thread: Cheers Love, The Beta's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Story is deep between Hanzo, Ganji and Mercy.

Story between Mercy and Reaper is also damn interesting.

I NEED a movie about this.

A few movies in fact.
Like a TV series or something.

SO MUCH LORE! GIEFF

4BavL0.jpg

Story is deep between Hanzo, Ganji and Mercy.

Story between Mercy and Reaper is also damn interesting.

I NEED a movie about this.

A few movies in fact.
Like a TV series or something.

SO MUCH LORE! GIEFF

4BavL0.jpg
A mini series would be sweet, and we can learn more about these characters! Especially the complicated relationships between Mercy and the other overwatch agents.

Twookie

Quick question: if I order the Origins edition, does it come with a key I can use instead of a disc for PC?

depends on where you order it from. if you order it directly from blizzard, you will just have the game + skins unlocked on your battle.net account. if you buy the game from another retailer, i would imagine you will get a key yes.

So I have an idea for a custom game PS4 GAFwatch could play. We have a regular normal game mode match....but with a twist. We all go Torbjorn, take out our forge hammers and just melee the shit out of each other! :D

Tecnniqe

Banned
So much great art for this game
Code:
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/7T6V1p.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/QtfYCe.png[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.cubeupload.com/H41QEp.png[/IMG]

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I was at the Universal Studios Tour and they said they were filming a live-action Overwatch commercial on one of the lots.

So that's something to look forward to, I guess? Though live action game commercials aren't usually great.

They hadn't even filmed it yet, so I imagine it will be out as part of the launch barrage of commercials.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't know if this is old news or not, but I was at the Universal Studios Tour and they said they were filming a live-action Overwatch commercial on one of the lots.

So that's something to look forward to, I guess? Though live action game commercials aren't usually great.

They hadn't even filmed it yet, so I imagine it will be out as part of the launch barrage of commercials.

Honestly, I don't want live action.
I want animated like the shorts.

yeah, no idea what's hype nowadays :'(.

hw1BjG.gif

Dragons was fucking great, while the writing is simple it isn't as cringey with dialgoue as the previous short "Alive" with Widowmaker and Tracer.

I do wonder how this ties in with the relationship between Hanzo and Genji in-game as the short has Hanzo accepting that Genji is alive and not some robot-imposter (which was my original prediction). Maybe the two brothers are reprising their past relationship back before the duel? Back then Hanzo was the more serious brother with the weight of leadership thrown upon him whilst Genji was a carefree playboy/pimp. Now maybe Hanzo is still serious but instead now being disillusion with life and pessimistic on the world whilst Genji is now a romantic-minded cyborg and enjoying being a "hero" with Overwatch.

MrHoot

As a swissman, I am interested in the backstory of fellow swisswoman Mercy. She seems to tie a lot of shit together.

And has gorgeous hair

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think a 30+ minutes clip from each and their story would be sweet, but its going to be hard to tie everything in.

I think a few movies from the start of it would be great.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This weekend all I could think was "You know what sucks? Having one of the greatest games of the year 'release', only to have it taken away from you for two weeks."

Eight more days.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Quick question: if I order the Origins edition, does it come with a key I can use instead of a disc for PC?
Yes, blizzard games have been "cd keys in a box" for over a decade now. If you have a prime sub, order the Origins physical version for only $8 more than the standard one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Everybody's so hyped about the story in this game. Did Metzen stay away from this one or did he finally cut it out with the Saturday Morning Cartoon crap?

Everybody's so hyped about the story in this game. Did Metzen stay away from this one or did he finally cut it out with the Saturday Morning Cartoon crap?

Metzen is still a competent writer, not amzing, but I give credit to that he really knows how to draw an audience into a universe. I'm not sure if he led the story on Diablo 3 and I can't really defend SC2, but everything after WoW: WotLK the story was led by David Kosak instead of Metzen.

wouldn't surprise me if he personally designed Widowmaker, corruption fetish and all.

Soldier 76 was actually his personally-designed hero I think

Kouichi

Damn I said I'd wait for a lower price but I just caved and pre-ordered on Amazon. I didn't think the beta withdrawal would hit me this hard.

I neeeeed this game. D.VA calls for me.

Moonlight

Banned
Metzen is still a competent writer, not amzing, but I give credit to that he really knows how to draw an audience into a universe. I'm not sure if he led the story on Diablo 3 and I can't really defend SC2, but everything after WoW: WotLK the story was led by David Kosak instead of Metzen.

Soldier 76 was actually his personally-designed hero I think
SC2's story is indefensibly terrible in every regard from the first campaign to the last, and for all the credit he gives himself in interviews for so much of that, I can't say I'm confident in Metzen's competence any longer.

Xater

When are we getting the Soldier 76 short? The day before release?

I think the Saturday Morning Cartoon thing just really works in favor of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom