• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Beta Thread: Cheers Love, The Beta's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Be honest,
you aren't cancelling either way.

I'm actually going to cancel my preorder for sure

because I won the Taco Bell giveaway, just waiting for them to email me my key before I cancel

Magwik

Banned
Yes, blizzard games have been "cd keys in a box" for over a decade now. If you have a prime sub, order the Origins physical version for only $8 more than the standard one.
Alright thanks. Didn't want to order from Amazon only to have a disc come in that I can't use because I dont have a disc drive.

peakish

Everybody's so hyped about the story in this game. Did Metzen stay away from this one or did he finally cut it out with the Saturday Morning Cartoon crap?
I mean, the game already is pretty much a cartoon. I'm happy because they actually aren't telling a story with it, but are just giving a few scattered snapshots of the universe. They'll probably ruin it sooner or later with some epic FINISH THE FIGHT crap but for now all's cool.

DrArchon

I'd like to see them add another melee-centric hero like Reinhardt except less tanky and with more mobility or something.

When I first saw Genji's design I thought he was gonna be like that with his sword. Clearly I was mistaken, but I still want someone like that.

This game is still missing an assassin/spy character that can cloak or partially cloak. That'd make for a decent less-tanky melee hero.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Does anybody know if other players can hear your "Voice Line?" During the beta, Blizzard patched it so there is no cooldown, and you can interrupt the last emote. Then anti-spam triggers after 4 times, lasting a few seconds. I'm pretty sure I've heard other heroes voice lines or at least their "hello" spam, so I just wanted to confirm if anybody's noticed.

Example: Zarya - "Welcome, to the gun show."
my version - "Welcome, to the- Welcome, to the- Welcome, to the gun show."

A crucial part of my gaming experience is spamming voice emotes, it gets me in the zone. Not stupid ones like "My ultimate is charging" or "Push the payload" x100. Anyway, the voice line options are all so cool, it would be a shame if people couldn't hear my remixes.

I can't believe Reaper is Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca.

I instantly want to play Reaper to spam voice emotes now. Not a fan of the edgelord persona but if the character is well voiced, he will grow on me.

The withdrawls is real!

I'm on the fence... so if i understand the loot is only cosmetic? and there isn't anything to actually make your player better?

Correct, all the heroes you play at the start remain the same despite whether unlocks you get. That's not to say they won't change as Blizzard balancing comes into play overtime when the game launches.

Everybody's so hyped about the story in this game. Did Metzen stay away from this one or did he finally cut it out with the Saturday Morning Cartoon crap?

I don't know how all the responsibilities broke down, but based on Gamespot's making-of feature, it seems like Metzen was intimately involved with the development of this game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Has any human actually died in these shorts? I feel like the Omnic are getting taken out here and there but no human has ever shed so much as a drop of blood.

Baliis

I'm actually going to cancel my preorder for sure

because I won the Taco Bell giveaway, just waiting for them to email me my key before I cancel

I decided to cancel mine today

watching the unboxing video for the CE finally pushed me over the edge to order that instead.

Has any human actually died in these shorts? I feel like the Omnic are getting taken out here and there but no human has ever shed so much as a drop of blood.

Pretty sure widowmaker offs a few rooftop guards. She knocks a couple out but definitely shoots at least 2.

It kinda makes sense for hanzo not to kill the members to his family's crime syndicate.

I'm hoping for a defensive character that is good against snipers playing on offense, perhaps a shield dropping character.

Or perhaps another support. I'd rather see them add a new defensive character though.

I'm hoping for a defensive character that is good against snipers playing on offense, perhaps a shield dropping character.

Or perhaps another support. I'd rather see them add a new defensive character though.

I don't know why you necessarily need a defense character, you can just play Winston to get exactly what you want out of anti-sniper.

Don't get too hung up on the roles that Blizzard gave tot he characters, Offense characters like Soldier and especially McCree are amazing defensive characters as well. Hanzo's not bad on offense despite being a defense characeter. Winston's a really offensive tank, same for D.Va.

Tizoc

Didn't want to make a thread about this but, have they ever said anything about a possible F2P ver. of the game?
My brother is interested in it, but not $60 interested, and I wouldn't mind having an F2P ver. of it on my PS4 for him to play from time to time when he is around.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Didn't want to make a thread about this but, have they ever said anything about a possible F2P ver. of the game?
My brother is interested in it, but not $60 interested, and I wouldn't mind having an F2P ver. of it on my PS4 for him to play from time to time when he is around.

Nope.

That's basically a defensive Reinhardt.

Well Reinhardt has to carry his shield around. I want a character that can place a shield wall.

I don't know why you necessarily need a defense character, you can just play Winston to get exactly what you want out of anti-sniper.

Don't get too hung up on the roles that Blizzard gave tot he characters, Offense characters like Soldier and especially McCree are amazing defensive characters as well. Hanzo's not bad on offense despite being a defense characeter. Winston's a really offensive tank, same for D.Va.

I'm not hung up on the labels. I mean a strong character on defense that is good against snipers on offense.

More like a builder type hero that isn't using turrets.

I really want to see the short, but I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours. ;_;

Also, can I get added to the PS4 group chat? PSN ID: SkuiiHydra

pigeon

Banned
Well Reinhardt has to carry his shield around. I want a character that can place a shield wall.

I'm not hung up on the labels. I mean a strong character on defense that is good against snipers on offense.

More like a builder type hero that isn't using turrets.

The character you are looking for is Winston. Winston literally has an E that drops a big shield bubble that can't be penetrated by bullets. Then he can jump out of the shield and land on the sniper.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just got an email from Best Buy that they've added a collectible metal art plate to my pre-order. Not bad!

overwatch_1000x555.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

What kind of a shield wall are we talking about here? You don't necessarily want to give defense a tool that allows them to turtle up too hard. Like you don't want something that people can protect their own snipers or turrets with without sacrificing something major.

pigeon

Banned
When I first saw Genji's design I thought he was gonna be like that with his sword. Clearly I was mistaken, but I still want someone like that.

This game is still missing an assassin/spy character that can cloak or partially cloak. That'd make for a decent less-tanky melee hero.

I actually do like the idea floated on the last few pages about a character with Wukong-style stealth (has to leave a decoy in the spot they were in when they activate the stealth, and it only lasts for a few seconds).

I wouldn't give them instakill backstabs though, that's just not fun. Maybe a melee attack that has a stun on it, so that if you get caught by yourself you're still dead, but in a group you can survive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom