• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drame

Phew, what a way to end the night. Six losses in a row. Couple of them were pretty fair games but some were just straight up slaughter to our team.

Not the best feeling in the world, bleh.

Matt Frost

Frekin good Tracers stress me out so much... first time I had to take a break from this game for a couple hours because of frustration.

Tips: Dont chase us, lean your back agaisnt walls as often as you can, try to regroup with your team or change hero to counter Tracer, such as Hanzo (from a distance), Winston,...

I love Tracer so much, favorite character by far

I don't understand what people are doing when I'm distracting or killing like 3-4 people at once as Genji or Tracer. No one decides to take the point or do anything but get themselves killed I guess. It's super fucking irritating, and I've been funneled into groups that run off being killed all day today. All goddamn day there's been a constant 3 skulls on my screen because people are really awful.

I swear the only times I do end up winning is if I'm right in front as Roadhog or Reinhardt dragging these people to the finish.

MattDoza

I don't understand what people are doing when I'm distracting or killing like 3-4 people at once as Genji or Tracer. No one decides to take the point or do anything but get themselves killed I guess. It's super fucking irritating, and I've been funneled into groups that run off being killed all day today. All goddamn day there's been a constant 3 skulls on my screen because people are really awful.

I swear the only times I do end up winning is if I'm right in front as Roadhog or Reinhardt dragging these people to the finish.

It can be really tough to get people to wait around the spawn to regroup. Not realizing, or just not caring, they're going into the point alone, taking on 3-6 enemies all at once. I haven't been able to escape those types of players, yet. Figured by the time I hit level 20 that'd slow down... nope.

bargeparty

This thread moves too fast. These spawn points on the maps like Hanamura and any payload map are way too close to the final points.

LiK

Hanzo's hitboxes for the arrows are insane. Some dude shot near a corner of a building and it still somehow hit me even tho I was behind it.

Finally got the time to really dig in, put in around 15 hours this weekend... I've never been so hooked on a multiplayer game since CS 1.5 from back in the day, I'm more of a single player guy.

I currently have the best luck as Torb, Reaper and Bastion, with Pharah, D.Va, Mercy and Reinhardt as situational picks for when I need to shake things up. Sucessfully sticking a Torb auto-turret somewhere really troll-y never fails to make my day.

I also love Tracer, but am pretty mediocre at using her IMHO... will keep practicing. That feel when you're on a roll with her though, so amped you feel you could run through a brick wall!

Favorite Blizzard game since, D2: LOD, this is awesome!

Moonlight

Banned
Dva needs a buff, weakass hero right now.
I agree, but she's not weak. I think the main thing I would change is how the game detects who's within LOS of her ultimate. As people understand the move more, and more importantly get that you don't need to jump straight out of the radius it loses a ton of its' effectiveness as a major disruption skill. Just make it so you can't leap behind the nearest stop sign to nullify it and it'd be a bit scarier to lob into the objective without fancy angles to cook the timer.

I'd readjust her headshot hurtbox, too. Seems silly to me that all you need to do to consistently get off the damage multiplied against her is aim centre-mass when that's not something any other tank really need to deal with.

Edit: oh didn't notice this OT is done

BigDug13

I've spent like 20 seconds or more skating up the center pilons in KOTH matches to contest the capture with Lucio with nearly the whole other team trying to kill me, eventually having their Junkrat burn his ultimate to get me and as I was respawning I really wondered what the rest of the team was doing that whole time.

MUnited83

For you.
Dva needs a buff, weakass hero right now.

While I agree that she could use a buff or two, she is far from weak. Play her right and she can be so damn good.

fOLlFf0.jpg

Until someone can convince me otherwise, I don't believe a counter exists against two or more meis in a party.

Pharah works, as long as it's an outdoor fight. Boost up and rain hell.

This game has its hooks into me, and as somebody who has never been into multiplayer games at all, I'm surprised at how much insane fun I'm having with it. Just finished a match on Ilios where a Roadhog was set up at the capture point, hooking people and pulling them down into the pit. Only I was playing as Lucio and, just by instinct, I started wall-running on the side of the well and jumped right back up into the action. The grin on my face afterward... man, I love this game.

Listonosh

This game has its hooks into me, and as somebody who has never been into multiplayer games at all, I'm surprised at how much insane fun I'm having with it. Just finished a match on Ilios where a Roadhog was set up at the capture point, hooking people and pulling them down into the pit. Only I was playing as Lucio and, just by instinct, I started wall-running on the side of the well and jumped right back up into the action. The grin on my face afterward... man, I love this game.

That's literally me. I shudder at PvP games. Here it's nice because there are no loadouts, no in-match shops. Just straight up characters vs characters, constantly countering each other. It's amazing.

Still hate dupe Meis...

Two of my legendary drops have been gold, I'd be pissed but it allowed me to buy the Okami skin, so fuck it. I still wish it was more than 500G.

EDIT: Oh shit, there's a new thread already.

PatjuhR

Alright, monday morning after a frustrating weekend, lol.

First. I always have to choose between tank or support because all others are just offense and defense. So at like 50% of my games we miss at least one important job. I want advice from you guys what to do? What's more important healing of tank?

Second. If you got long distance weapons, take out the damn turrets. They ain't no problem when you just target them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom