• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm just starting to like playing Ana again because I got tired of people backseating the fuck out of me whenever I played Mercy. Why do people feel more like backseating Mercy and not other healers?

And now Mercy gets buffed, so I guess I should try her out again.

Sad that they still didn't add allies aim assist for Ana :\

Also had to switch my controls for D.Va and Mercy, gonna feel weird for a while but it's for the best. Those rockets on 8s cooldown will allow D.Va to delete 200hp characters like it's nothing.

Sad that they still didn't add allies aim assist for Ana :\

Also had to switch my controls for D.Va and Mercy, gonna feel weird for a while but it's for the best. Those rockets on 8s cooldown will allow D.Va to delete 200hp characters like it's nothing.

nah. keep the skill cap up.

mollipen

I didn't think about the fact that they'd need to re-record the lines. Is it just a rote update like, "My servant never dies" type of thing?

It's like "We still need you in this fight" or other lines like that to (I'm assuming) not have the one previous rez line repeated over and over.

But, I don't know. At 30 seconds at least between resurrections, I don't think line repetition would be a problem.

Salarians

she still says "my servants never die", just without the audio effects ult lines have

also, the Huge Rez trophy/achievement has been changed to "resurrect 6 players without dying"

randome

Holy fuck will someone in gold on PS4 team with me? No one does anything! Games frequently end in draws because no one ever gets on the point. We lost a game with 5 teammates alive because they didn't get on the payload and 1 enemy moved it all the way to the point (I was dead). It's so frustrating!!

HiiiLife

Do PS4s not have something like Xbox that lets you search for groups before playing???

Just make TANK/SUPPORT main caption. It's worked wonders.

Shredderi

I feel like Junkertown is very lopsided in attacker's favor. First matches in the map were defense and always rofl stomped. When I finally got to attack I understood why. Shit was mad easy to attack.

DPS players are the worst kinds of people.

Actually I'm curious, I'm not saying there aren't toxic Tanks/Supports/Flex but what is it about DPS (in general) that attracts the toxic crowd of people. I noticed this in other games outside of OW and FPS in general.

Just this weekend I was playing FF14 and was like flamed to no end because I was tanking too slow for his liking. wtf man.

Would it be too harsh to kick Widows for inactivity if they don't get atleast one pick in 3 minutes of a match?
I like this idea.

finalflame

Actually I'm curious, I'm not saying there aren't toxic Tanks/Supports/Flex but what is it about DPS (in general) that attracts the toxic crowd of people. I noticed this in other games outside of OW and FPS in general.

Just this weekend I was playing FF14 and was like flamed to no end because I was tanking too slow for his liking. wtf man.

DPS is kind of the cookie cutter/default class that attracts the largest amount of people, because you can do a lot of damage and just kill things, which is one of the most basic gaming impulses. Both tanks and support roles have a bit more nuance to them and probably attract a smaller playerbase.

caesar

Banned

I like this idea.

Because its the Big Dick plays

Anne

Because its the Big Dick plays

Basically. I'm mostly talking shit from the discord and about my own role.

If you want a serious answer DPS tends to require the most mechanical skill in games and it needs to be consistent and it gives you the most direct feedback of doing well. It's easy to feel yourself if you are actually good, and it's easy to think you're nice if you're bad because you get to see your damage and kills directly.

I can't even absorb a soldier ult anymore :(

She's a lot of fun with the rockets but it's just all wrong. She's not the annoying bunny she's supposed to be, she's just a killer bunny now..

Prelude.

Because people think that's the only role good players should fill, and you can see that reflected in western pro teams, where the stars of the team are always dps. Because of that mentality dickheads will never "lower" themselves playing tank or support.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like D.Va could use a buff to her missiles. Have it be JUST enough to kill a player if every single one of them lands.

I also need to get used to cancelling the boosters with either the Rocket booster button or melee.

But otherwise, when you're working with a team that can cover for D.Va's weakened DM, it's pretty great.

She's a lot of fun with the rockets but it's just all wrong. She's not the annoying bunny she's supposed to be, she's just a killer bunny now..
You're saying this negatively, but I think it's great.

Using your DM on Soldier will still give your team a big edge since that's 2 seconds where they can fire on him, but also you can fire your own missiles while he can't do nothing to you.

I hesitate to make any strong statements until we see how this all shakes itself out more in comp, but I like my killer rabbit.

yea she seems more like a dps now than a tank. played a few rounds. Kept getting gold in elims and damage...but man, I would get popped out of mech pretty fast....

I mostly played her to dive on weaker characters and blow them up before I get blown up basically.

it's weird...but she is more dps than tanky now for sure.

can't wait to Reck dva players on soldier.
(another thing I noticed which I said would happen, but soldiers are popping ult when I was in Mech with no care now lol)

They changed requirements for the Mercy trophy. I thought someone said they couldn't do that? It's now to ressurect 6 players without dying.

Yes and no. She still has "My servants never die", but it isn't used every time you rez.

I'm using the Valkyrie skin instead now and she has her old rez voice line so I don't know why "Heroes never die" voice line is different. It's kinda cringe now.

Pooya

This odd and poorly sounding "Bang" voice line wasn't in PTR when I played. As if mirco missiles weren't already telegraphed enough, now any dummy can hear you're firing them. They won't kill anything ever.

mollipen

Mercy needs to be controlled ascend/descend with square/circle during Valkyrie tbh.

Nah. I thought it was going to be super weird but it actually works pretty well.

I'm a mercy main now so I need a ps4 controller layout

button mapping if you will

This is what I use:

X: Guardian Angle [Ability 1]
O: Ult [Ability 3]
Square: Reload
Triangle: Rez [secondary fire]
L1: Jump
L2: Weapon swap
R1: Damage boost beam [Ability 2]
R2: Healing beam [Primary fire]
R3: Melee

Mr Git

Welp it's definitely harder staying alive as dva now and the rockets are pretty pitiful. But boost shooting plus rockets is actually great.

Also gotta say thankee to Veelk - I turned the aim smoothing down a good touch and it's miles better.

Blues1990

This is probably the saddest part of the update. There shouldn't be any changes in the game that is beneficial to Soldiers.

On a related note, it bothers me that the Tank and Support Heroes are co-dependent on each other, and how dependent BOTH classes are on the Offense Heroes. I can be at the top of my game with Zarya and Lucio, but if the Soldier: 76 on our team isn't left-clicking the enemy team well enough, then we lose.

Veelk

Banned
On a related note, it bothers me that the Tank and Support Heroes are co-dependent on each other, and how dependent BOTH classes are on the Offense Heroes. I can be at the top of my game with Zarya and Lucio, but if the Soldier: 76 on our team isn't left-clicking the enemy team well enough, then we lose.

Yeah, but in turn, no DPS is gonna make his shots if they don't have supports keeping them topped off and Tanks creating space for his shots to matter. A lot of DPS just aren't that grateful for it.

Blues1990

Yeah, but in turn, no DPS is gonna make his shots if they don't have supports keeping them topped off and Tanks creating space for his shots to matter. A lot of DPS just aren't that grateful for it.

And I guess that's that's kind of the idea of having a class quaternity, but this is part of what makes OW infuriating at times - you really depend on your team. Like you said, the flankers and DPS can't do shit either if their tanks and healers are not pulling their weight. And this means unless you have a good team synergy, you might be in for a bad session

randome

Holy fuck will someone in gold on PS4 team with me? No one does anything! Games frequently end in draws because no one ever gets on the point. We lost a game with 5 teammates alive because they didn't get on the payload and 1 enemy moved it all the way to the point (I was dead). It's so frustrating!!

Do PS4s not have something like Xbox that lets you search for groups before playing???

Just make TANK/SUPPORT main caption. It's worked wonders.

I don’t think so. At least I’ve never seen any.

Top Bottom