• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

I HAVE NO BUTTONS LEFT FOR CROUCH

3e791c2eee4d06df2d0c34ac0ebe193e--overwatch-mercy-videogames.jpg

L1: jump/angelic descent
L2: guardian angel
L3: resurrect
R1: damage boost
R2: heal
R3: melee
triangle: valkyrie
X: weapon swap

that's what I'm using anyway

Swap these two. I did it a few weeks ago and it's made a world of difference. There are almost never chances for me to use Melee effectively as Mercy, but being able to seamlessly swap to your gun? Huge. Like, game changing.

As someone else said, L3 is crouch for me.

Holy fuck will someone in gold on PS4 team with me? No one does anything! Games frequently end in draws because no one ever gets on the point. We lost a game with 5 teammates alive because they didn't get on the payload and 1 enemy moved it all the way to the point (I was dead). It's so frustrating!!

I'll be online later tonight. PalaceBrother.

Salarians

Swap these two. I did it a few weeks ago and it's made a world of difference. There are almost never chances for me to use Melee effectively as Mercy, but being able to seamlessly swap to your gun? Huge. Like, game changing.
I used to but I've got melee on R3 for everyone else so it was weird going back and forth

and I like having my thumb on the stick to aim for melee, while I feel comfortable taking my thumb off the stick for half a second to swap to pistol, which doesn't need aiming

Nicolada

I'm loving this new more violent D.va. Makes for a far more exciting front line defense, so she'll likely get back up to my #2 most used soon.

How do you properly ultimate with Mercy with all the sniping around ?

I still need to stick close for heals anyway, or even res.

I tried her once on Junktown after the patch installed. I put in what can only be called "the worst Mercy performance by anybody, ever".

I've noticed in QP at least, there aren't any double heal combos with new Mercy. Even this morning there were.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
D.Va is my second most played character (after Lucio). These changes will take some time to get used to. Just tried her out in the practice range. Going to try a game now to see how it goes.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
So wait, how much did they nerf Valkyrie from its original state? As far as I can tell from the patch notes, it looks like they just axed the increased damage and firing speed? Was her movement slowed down as well?

Veelk

Banned
Jesus christ, there are some bad Mercies.

You'd think a year of playing with a full rez would teach them not to rez people who are in the middle of a bunch of enemies, but noooooo, they see no reason to not do it. Just 1v4 them, why doncha.

randome

I’m on an insane losing streak still! Now at 2325. I can get 3 or more gold medals each game but we still lose. I’m not even mad anymore. I’ve just embraced it lol. I’ve won maybe 2 or 3 out of like 20 games.

Veelk

Banned
Die as D.Va

Mercy rezes me.

Junkrat next to me kills me while I'm getting into meka.

Mercy ults and rezes me again

Junkrat is still there and kills me again.

Thanks, Mercy!

Chance

On my first game with NuMercy I actually pulled off the Rez-Valkyrie-Rez-(wait)-Rez combo at the last point of Junkertown. Felt awesome ^.^

Veelk

Banned
Is this a fucking joke?

I go into Comp and Mercy rezzes me in the middle of the enemy team AGAIN

what in the fuck? did everyone somehow forget how rez works just because they changed the number of people it affects?

Is this a fucking joke?

what in the fuck? did everyone somehow forget how rez works just because they changed the number of people it affects?
Isnt that how it always worked instead of group Rez just to die to a reaper or pharah ult tou just die 1v4 lol

New dva. 26 kill streak on def. Decided to go zen during attack. Lul.

New Mercy is so fun
QuENOA6.png

I was watching Eevee play and it does seem more fun.

Is guardian angel faster now? I'm not talking about when she ults, just the regular stuff. Her mobility seems better but maybe it's just me, didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes.

No Overwatch until Friday. :/

Freedom to rewatch movies I don't want to though until I get the internets back.

Failing the team like that smh

I used to do that, but I tend to accidentally press it often enough that it gets me killed. So, I had to take it off of L3.

Also: All that work to kill Mei just to get Rein'd.

Mei wasn't expecting that move around the ice wall lol

Anne

Is this a fucking joke?

A lot of Mercy players before literally had no idea how the game actually works and can't make hard decisions about how to use the CD solo rez. This is what happens when a bunch of OTPs learned how to do just one thing that required being noninteractive.

I was watching Eevee play and it does seem more fun.

Is guardian angel faster now? I'm not talking about when she ults, just the regular stuff. Her mobility seems better but maybe it's just me, didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes

She keeps her momentum when you cancel guardian angel if you hop on the ground.

It's pretty cool tech I'm glad it's there.

MartyStu

New Mercy feels required.

Please tell me I am wrong. I want to be wrong :(

Played a bit more:

Yeah, not quite but she is VERY good. And a lot less boring to play.

new Mercy is amazing and fun as hell to play.

And the style of play is just better suited for this game imo than the multi Res.

Having to ask a group of people to die on point just doesnt jive well with this game. It's better to be able to res one by one as the fight goes on so you're always in the thick of it instead of trying to separate and hide for a the "right res"

Is this a fucking joke?

Give it a minute. For the last 18 months you could rez mid-team fight and usually win...that's some tough muscle memory to forget.

Also, it feels like Mercy has way more to pay attention to now. I don't know if it's because of the updated death icons but it definitely feels like there is a lot more information to process.

m29a

Neo Member
new Mercy is amazing and fun as hell to play.

And the style of play is just better suited for this game imo than the multi Res.

Having to ask a group of people to die on point just doesnt jive well with this game. It's better to be able to res one by one as the fight goes on so you're always in the thick of it instead of trying to separate and hide for a the "right res"

Agreed, not to mention it always sucked when you work well as a team and do a huge wipe, all for the red mercy to come in and completely undo it. And I say that as someone who primarily plays Mercy (But also a lot of Lucio).

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I'm really digging the Mercy changes! Flying is rad, and having access to more frequent tempo Rezzes makes her way more viable on Attack. Also the momentum boosting from Guardian Angel is neat to mess around with.

D.Va changes seem fun as well, she's got more utility than just eternally soaking up damage with Defense Matrix now.

Veelk

Banned
New Mercy feels required.

Please tell me I am wrong. I want to be wrong :(

Played a bit more:

Yeah, not quite but she is VERY good. And a lot less boring to play.

I was gonna say that this was probably PC exclusives and that on console, you're fucked. But then we just played a game against a Mercy with non on our team. I don't know if she did well or poorly, but we managed to beat her handily, so idk. We'll have to see once Mercies adapt.

Meanwhile, I'm slowly adapting to the new D.Va. The new aggressiveness suits me, so when I was playing Junkertown in arcade, I barely even noticed the smaller DM. In comp, I notice it a lot more, but I am still adapting to the new booster stopping method, so idk. Will have to keep playing. I did manage to make a game winning play by predicting and eating a Zarya's ult, so smart DM usage still is perfectly viable.

On a side note, FUCK ALL SOLDIERS UP THE ASS WITH A THORNY DILDO. Stay in goddamn masters or whatever the fuck instead of smurfing below your rank. God.

Nepenthe

Did Roadhog get a secret buff or something lately, because Road mains have been routinely one-shoting me after a hook, and then talking shit to me in the chat the last few days and I honestly don't know why. Do they hate EDM?

Veelk

Banned
So, let me ask the higher end level players this: If you were getting Gold medals in damage and eliminations, that meant you were playing D.Va wrong because she was supposed to be the DM bot protecting her team.

How about if you have Gold Damage and Elims now? Are you doing your job properly and you should be getting more damage done than actual DPS's, or are you supposed to split your duty between DMing and damaging?

Top Bottom