• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

antitrop

Rez has twice the range during Valkyrie now, wish they would just put actual PTR patch notes out.

Seeing as the range of Rez was uh, ass, that's not a super helpful change.
Ya, I guess it goes from melee range to uh... slightly outside of melee range now, lol.

Glad she got nerfed, was tired of every Comp match being either "Have a Mercy, or lose" with the added bonus of "Have a good Mercy, or lose" with the final bonus of "Focus the everloving shit out of the enemy Mercy before she negates all your picks, or lose"

Maybe Lucio and Zen will be used more now

Also glad Riptire is slowed down, maybe it will be easier to deal with because seeing Junkrats in every match getting double and triple kills with it constantly was a bit old

Veelk

Banned
Personally, I just wanted her self healing to be nerfed. Mercy would make a good sort of Glass Cannon version of healing, where you either slaughter her or she dominates the game. My problem with her is that if the Mercy is smart, she's nigh immortal. She negates all damage done to her in seconds while buzzing around the entire map with an ultimate that amplifies both those traits.

But sure, nerfing Rez to be permanently once every 30 seconds will be interesting too I guess. Any "Big Rez" dreams are now truly gone and dead though :'(

Blues1990

Glad she got nerfed, was tired of every Comp match being either "Have a Mercy, or lose" with the added bonus of "Have a good Mercy, or lose" with the final bonus of "Focus the everloving shit out of the enemy Mercy before she negates all your picks, or lose"

Maybe Lucio and Zen will be used more now

Also glad Riptire is slowed down, maybe it will be easier to deal with because seeing Junkrats in every match getting double and triple kills with it constantly was a bit old

I'm actually bummed that Junkrat's RIP Tire has been slowed down.

DR2K

Banned
Could they at least buff her pistol damage in Valkyrie back to what it was in PTR? Obviously they don’t want her to be a support character and removed to most unique and vital element in her kit. Initially it was just to change her behavior, now it’s just the next step in the process to removing Rez completely.

Pooya

Deleting mercy is fine if they add more support heroes. Next one needs to be support and needs to be good like last year Ana good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is happening to this game, Blizzard just going back and forth with the buffs and nerfs. I'm just gonna call them burfs now.

said it from the start, its how blizzard balances their games

wild fucking swings with no effort or care that they expect their community to figure out for them

and they wonder why wow arena struggles to draw over 4 figures in viewers

Man this PTR patch sucks. The GA momentum and mobility was fantastic and her ult is straight up garbage now. Whoo, I can heal more, so much fun. At least with the rez CD you were able to break up that flow. Now it's just heal and float around. Thanks Jeff.

Riptire was not nerfed, unfortunately
Man this PTR patch sucks. The GA momentum and mobility was fantastic and her ult is straight up garbage now. Whoo, I can heal more, so much fun. At least with the rez CD you were able to break up that flow. Now it's just heal and float around. Thanks Jeff.
Yes, thank you for not wanting to nerf a hero with 100% pick rate in every tier? Smh

Riptire was not nerfed, unfortunately

Yes, thank you for not wanting to nerf a hero with 100% pick rate in every tier? Smh

I'm sure Blizzard could come up with a way to balance her that didn't involve removing one of the best things about the rework (her mobility options) and double nerfing her ult. Like, remove the cooldown reduction or remove the instant CD on Rez and see what happens, don't remove both.

rulerk1

I gained probably eleven points today after two sessions lol. Feel like I have to go above and beyond my role when playing tanks
Personally, I just wanted her self healing to be nerfed. Mercy would make a good sort of Glass Cannon version of healing, where you either slaughter her or she dominates the game. My problem with her is that if the Mercy is smart, she's nigh immortal. She negates all damage done to her in seconds while buzzing around the entire map with an ultimate that amplifies both those traits.

But sure, nerfing Rez to be permanently once every 30 seconds will be interesting too I guess. Any "Big Rez" dreams are now truly gone and dead though :'(

I dont even think it was a common complaint. I heard several times that ppl said she was unkillable during her ult but not for the multi rezes/cooldowns it has. Weird change

Chance

I dont even think it was a common complaint. I heard several times that ppl said she was unkillable during her ult but not for the multi rezes/cooldowns it has. Weird change

I agree. I really wish they'd given more time for things to shake out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some of the changes in this game over the year have made me thought 'maybe Valve's neglectful stance on TF2 ain't so bad'

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Wow that Mercy change feels super reactionary, they took away all the things that made her ult fun and interesting to use. Just take away her instant self-healing so she's more vulnerable, instead.

Doomfist's nerf a while back felt equally sudden, I really wish they'd give new changes a little longer to settle down before completely giving up on them. Especially since old stuff that's been strong in the past (Winston, Soldier, Lucio, D.Va) was given months and months at the top before being toned down, if it's ever been toned down at all.

And of course Ana's still unchanged despite being garbage on console for ages now. Maybe less people would've played Mercy if the other single target healer wasn't completely worthless.

Some of the changes in this game over the year have made me thought 'maybe Valve's neglectful stance on TF2 ain't so bad'

The positive side of Valve's "go play in the street" style of management is that the community can make it's own decisions on how to handle things in spite of how Valve does stuff. There were certain loadout combos that were pretty oppressive in their time like Tommy Gruvich, Dr. Enforcicle, and if you were STAR_ the mini sentry engineer (lol). Server admins could disable certain items and have class limits and so on. If you wanted these things you could play on these servers, and if you didn't you could go elsewhere.

Everything Blizzard does is in a walled garden. You gotta play it their way all the time. It can make things pretty obnoxious since you can never "dodge" features of patch you didn't like.

What I wouldn’t give for a vanilla Overwatch server. You know, back when the only Mercy problems were people complaining her res was UP so they buffed it with invulnerability and let her move while she was doing it.

Wow that Mercy change feels super reactionary, they took away all the things that made her ult fun and interesting to use. Just take away her instant self-healing so she's more vulnerable, instead.

Doomfist's nerf a while back felt equally sudden, I really wish they'd give new changes a little longer to settle down before completely giving up on them. Especially since old stuff that's been strong in the past (Winston, Soldier, Lucio, D.Va) was given months and months at the top before being toned down, if it's ever been toned down at all.

And of course Ana's still unchanged despite being garbage on console for ages now. Maybe less people would've played Mercy if the other single target healer wasn't completely worthless.
Something needed to be done about Rez, though. All that tempo was too much. But I don't agree with Blizzard taking back the rest of her buffs. She's terrible without the slingshot. :(

Mercy- Res no longer resets after ulting,instead it now doubles Resurrection’s range, the cooldown stays at 30 seconds., the momentum from guardian angel is removed,

Junkrat- Tire is slower

I feel like they could've chosen between res no longer resetting and cooldown staying at 30s and not doing both at the same time.

Res is still a very good ability though, it's just that her ult now has nothing to do with res. It's like a worse version of Zen ult for heals and Orisa ult for damage boost (somewhat in this case, it has some advantages).

Good change about the junkrat tire, even with the jump nerf I always felt it was still too easy to get picks with it, at least on console.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What ult refund? As soon as he presses Q, his ult charge is 0% just like everyone else on PTR. But if he gets stunned during his ult, he no longer loses out on its duration like what happens now.

Rein and Lucio still do which have a longer windup than Lucio's.

It's incosistent and it always tends to favor Genji

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to take a break from winston and practice Orisa but this Lucio keeps booping me off Ilios from behind
tumblr_inline_osonmwWO491tddz37_540.png

Lord I'm back on my bullshit

Pooya

Mercy's ult now is like worse than transcendence because you can die when ulting, Transcendence can deny some DPS ults, Mercy can't. You pick her for a rez every 30 second which is powerful but is that enough when you're 5v6 compared with other supports? Zen and Ana have way better kits outside of those 30 seconds. She's now in line with others not named Lucio. It's balanced which means she sucks :b

game desperately needs more healers that are fun to play. No one gonna heal with randoms now. It's going to suck.

Gorillaz

the game needed a healer shake up for months now even before this

I don't want to hear a whisper about a new dps until next year's blizz con the earliest

Blues1990

With regards to having a new Support Hero:

It’s not going to magically change the current player base’s mentality to playing the role. Sombra especially didn’t change their minds, & while Ana’s impact was strong, it was her allure of appearing to be a sniper (& her strong DPS output) that had the player base gravitate towards her, until the developers smacked her with the nerf bat.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Something needed to be done about Rez, though. All that tempo was too much. But I don't agree with Blizzard taking back the rest of her buffs. She's terrible without the slingshot. :(

Ehh I don't know. Her ult allowed her to dramatically swing the outcome of a teamfight, just like Dragonblade, Death Blossom, Graviton Surge, etc. Why is it that they can have game-changing ults but Mercy can't?

Fear of her ult is what makes Mercy a priority target, and that feeling of being constantly in the crosshairs is what makes her fun to play. If her new ult goes live, folks won't be pressed to focus her at all after she's used her one Rez.

I think if they'd just cut the duration of Valkyrie in half to 10 seconds that would've been fine. She would lose a Rez and a lot of healing but it'd still feel like you have an opportunity to make an impact.

Kysen

Luckily dva remains untouched, people are completely sleeping on how powerful she is now. Some still see the changes as a nerf.

TrueBlue

I'm actually alright with Guardian Angel reverting to how it was. It has felt a little janky to use recently, though I can't quite explain how.

I'm actually alright with Guardian Angel reverting to how it was. It has felt a little janky to use recently, though I can't quite explain how.
It feels jank with Pharmacy, because slingshot goes past pharah when flying, but it feels a lot better on the ground. Escapes are fun and easy.

Blues1990

Luckily dva remains untouched, people are completely sleeping on how powerful she is now. Some still see the changes as a nerf.

Careful. You don't want some big mouth bitching and moaning on the B.Net forums about D.Va.
Again.

She's the only hero that I had to constantly relearn whenever she goes through a rework. Lucio still played like Lucio, Symmetra still played like Symmetra, while D.Va switched from different roles during her various retools. And, quite honestly, I don't want to go through that in the foreseeable future.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn dad is angry and that says a lot when such a calm guy like Kaplan gets mad at you. You dun goofed.

2017-10-0511_46_10-anzlk2g.png

NeoRaider

So they nerfed Mercy in PTR? Two weeks after they changed her almost completely??
What are these ppl doing?? Is anyone testing these changes? This is just ridiculous.

Pooya

My only issue with D.va right now is that when you boost + missiles, the splash effect of explosion hitting your target is tooooo big and yellow and hits you in your own face, fills your screen and it's disorienting, I can lose my sight on the target. I turned down all the effects and it's still too damn big... but yeah she's good and different now.

Top Bottom