• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

pizzacat

Banned
As rein press W just press w

Press w that's all you need to do, you create space not only for yourself but for your team

Aggressive reins are scary

Reins that don't care about anything can be fear itself

Nepenthe

Most fun thing playing with good Reins is helping them chase down people. 8D

The least fun thing is chasing them down because they missed their Charge. D8

Chance

Happy Friday! New clip show!
Standard disclaimers:
-Overwatch is my first multiplayer FPS
-I'm on PS4
-I'm not very good
-I have so much fun

My favorite picks and plays from last weekend:

https://vimeo.com/237000733
Vimeo has better compression. You may have to paste the link directly into your browser if it opens a weird subscription page.

Or YouTube:
https://youtu.be/HwX6OWy2kQA

Tracer Figma is coming next year.

She's very tempting but the joints freak me out.

Happy Friday! New clip show!
Standard disclaimers:
-Overwatch is my first multiplayer FPS
-I'm on PS4
-I'm not very good
-I have so much fun

My favorite picks and plays from last weekend:

https://vimeo.com/237000733
Vimeo has better compression. You may have to paste the link directly into your browser if it opens a weird subscription page.

Or YouTube:
https://youtu.be/HwX6OWy2kQA

She's very tempting but the joints freak me out.

What software do you use to create these? I was thinking about doing something if/when I get my 25 FFA wins.

Chance

What software do you use to create these? I was thinking about doing something if/when I get my 25 FFA wins.

Tragically, ShareFactory on PS4. The shortest cut you can make is 1 second long, max of 50 clips per project, and the PS4 capture is locked to 30FPS :(

But you CAN fine-trim clip starts and ends by the frame, which helps a ton in lining events up to moments in the song. So like, find the beat you want, tap the d-pad and count frames
to get to the frame you want, then just trim (or add) that many frames to get things to line up. Protip: use Audacity (free program) to export the songs you want as constant bitrate MP3s, or you'll never get everything lined up.

Edit: you totally should!!!

Edit edit: if your plan is just to make the 1 video, a lot of good pc programs will let you download basically the full thing as a trial to test, and then lock itself out after a month or so unless you buy it. You'd have to learn a complicated program, but it's a PC solution ^.^

MCD

I have a serious problem right now

I used to play a lot of Tracer. Got 80 plus hours on her. But ever since I went D.VA like 120 hours on D.VA I have problems with getting picks with Tracer. Always get killed fast and hardly any picks.

Granted the most I played of Tracer was Gold/Low Plat but high Plat/Diamond is D.VA or Zen only.

What should I do? I can go QP and do great with Tracer but it's QP. I can't be selfish and pick Tracer in comp because I'm not confident and I don't wanna get my team down. I think my biggest issue is confidence. I always fear that if I go Tracer in my current SR means I will fuck it up.

Perhaps this is why ppl go Smurf?

Blues1990

I used to play a lot of Tracer. Got 80 plus hours on her. But ever since I went D.VA like 120 hours on D.VA I have problems with getting picks with Tracer. Always get killed fast and hardly any picks.

Granted the most I played of Tracer was Gold/Low Plat but high Plat/Diamond is D.VA or Zen only.

What should I do? I can go QP and do great with Tracer but it's QP. I can't be selfish and pick Tracer in comp because I'm not confident and I don't wanna get my team down. I think my biggest issue is confidence. I always fear that if I go Tracer in my current SR means I will fuck it up.

If I ever feel inadequate with a certain hero, I either go on the Practice Range or play FFA Deathmatch. I've been doing so with McCree and Roadhog, and I feel much more comfortable with both than I did before.

Tragically, ShareFactory on PS4. The shortest cut you can make is 1 second long, max of 50 clips per project, and the PS4 capture is locked to 30FPS :(

But you CAN fine-trim clip starts and ends by the frame, which helps a ton in lining events up to moments in the song. So like, find the beat you want, tap the d-pad and count frames
to get to the frame you want, then just trim (or add) that many frames to get things to line up. Protip: use Audacity (free program) to export the songs you want as constant bitrate MP3s, or you'll never get everything lined up.

Edit: you totally should!!!

Edit edit: if your plan is just to make the 1 video, a lot of good pc programs will let you download basically the full thing as a trial to test, and then lock itself out after a month or so unless you buy it. You'd have to learn a complicated program, but it's a PC solution ^.^

I've used Audacity in the past for School projects but it's been a few years. I had like little to do at work today so I watched all my videos and grabbed out some of the better moments. So I've got this thing but I'm obviously waiting for the remaining 5 videos:
Ic98j23.png

Chance

I've used Audacity in the past for School projects but it's been a few years. I had like little to do at work today so I watched all my videos and grabbed out some of the better moments. So I've got this thing but I'm obviously waiting for the remaining 5 videos:

Ugh I wish PS4 had an easy option for organizing clips. That's gonna' help a ton.

If you can QP and do well, what's your criteria for bringing a hero from QP to comp? Sounds to me like your problem is confidence! Plus it can take a few minutes to get your Tracer Sea Legs in comp after using other heroes.

I say wait for a moment when she's a good pick, and rock it.

Chance

Can't you put a thumb drive into the PS4 and just copy the saved videos over and then edit them on a PC?

I could but for some reason the transfer takes for evarrrr. Like copying a 5-minute vid over takes 15 minutes. The only time I did it was for the Believer clip show, because at the time I hadn't discovered the constant bitrate trick and it was the only way to get it to work.

I'm going to go with ping because i'm hitting the Moth (Valk Mercy) in the air but it doesn't register it as a hit.
50% weapon accuracy. not bad considering my shit aim. (to be fair it was hitting big as targets but got a kill on pharah and reaper.. have to try to use fth more though.

Ugh just dealt with the Reinhardt shit we were talking about earlier. On Volskaya and 3 times in a row I landed a pin into that left side room/hall and finished with full health. All 3 times my teammates didn't follow me up or push the point and bitched.

After that 3rd time I gave up and went Reaper and just teleported behind them and did it myself on both points

Went up 200 SR today, finally about to break back into Masters. Fuck Diamond rank, fuck it and all of the tormented souls trapped there.

Veelk

Banned
I'm still baffled why this season is so much worse for me than the previous season was. I ended season 5 with 24 more wins than losses. This season, I'm trailing behind with 15 more losses than wins. And as much as I revile the Mercy nullifying your picks, even before changes went through, it was just one long bad spurt and I haven't been able to catch up since.

I'm still baffled why this season is so much worse for me than the previous season was. I ended season 5 with 24 more wins than losses. This season, I'm trailing behind with 15 more losses than wins. And as much as I revile the Mercy nullifying your picks, even before changes went through, it was just one long bad spurt and I haven't been able to catch up since.

The Mercy, D.va and Junk changes all happening within like 2-3 weeks of each other didn't help at all. I thought Season 5 was bad for toxicity, this season is toxicity plus terrible team comps (Aka Junkrat instead of a second healer) and Mercy shenanigans all around.

Veelk

Banned
The Mercy, D.va and Junk changes all happening within like 2-3 weeks of each other didn't help at all. I thought Season 5 was bad for toxicity, this season is toxicity plus terrible team comps (Aka Junkrat instead of a second healer) and Mercy shenanigans all around.

Seriously, it's so much worse. I just had a game where someone switched to Widow as a troll pick because someone wouldn't pick a second healer or tank (we had a normal comp outside of that) and then they just started tearing each other apart in voice chat.

They day I left, we had the team basically give up before the game even started because they didn't like the team comp. A week of not playing later, the same thing happened in my third game. I'm about to drop back down into Gold because of htis shit.

Schlep

Went up 200 SR today, finally about to break back into Masters. Fuck Diamond rank, fuck it and all of the tormented souls trapped there.

Tormented soul here. I got up to 3357 today before dropping a couple down to 3304. Some days I can climb, and other days I get on very special teams. Fortunately I had a 10-4 day (should've been 11-2).

You stopped playing torb on attack? pogchamp

I started using Sym :). Those teleporters on 2CP maps yo, nobody expects you to build 100% change in less than a minute after swapping.

But seriously D.va has been carrying me hard, she's so stupidly good now, I hope Blizzard is too busy paying attention to Mercy to realize how much damage she can put out now

Veelk

Banned
And I'm back in gold with a 4 game loss. The last one, I had 4 golds and I think a record damage on D.Va. God, I hate this season.

Top Bottom