• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
too good not to post here

DDjyAYg.gif

Would be nice if Blizzard answered this officially. The console controls feel really bad in comparison to other big shooters.

There's delay and if you rotate the stick in a circle your reticule does a square. I excpect.. Little circles!
What is it with these developers fucking aim up lately? Halo 5 and now this bullshit. I'm glad I'm having fun in the PC version of the game.
Has blizzard even acknowledged that the input delay is fucked?

Just did some stat computing thanks to MasterOverwatch and I apparently have an 8-28 win-loss record as Offensive heroes. My total record for the other three classes combined is 77-63.

I don't know if that means I'm just better at defense, horrible at FPSes, or if everyone in pub games is just awful at coordinating for Attack modes. Probably a little bit of all of it.

Blues1990

I can't imagine them not adding new costumes. Keep giving people excuses to buy more loot boxes.

I'm torn right now. Sitting at 970 Overdollars and I'm not sure what costume to get.

Raindancer for Pharah is awesome but I don't play her much and I have Raptorion
Architech for Symmetra I love the costume but I don't get to play her much, I play a lot of support/tank but there aren't a ton of opportunity to play Symm when no one else will heal.
Hayseed for Junkrat... I got Fool out of a box and I hate it, I'm more tempted to just buy a 250 skin instead.

Since I got the Legendary Costumes for the characters that I play as already, I'm fine with just saving my cash so I can unlock their alternative colour schemes for them. I'm going to be sticking with this game for quite some time, so it's alright that I don't get everything unlocked from the get-go.

As for different costumes, a Halloween & Swimsuit pack seem to be the most logical (I want Winston to wear a Victorian deep cut ribbed wool tank top over a snug fitting pair of shorts, either Navy Blue or Banana Yellow with White Stripes and a Straw Boater hat and replacing his regular specks with round glasses). But I would also like a custom pallet editor, so that you can create two alternative colour pallets (there has to be a limit) and edit any part of the character's body to your choosing.

darklin0

Banned
Not near a PC so here are my playtimes according to MasterOverwatch.

My Winston at 300 but I have not played for a few days. Vacation is supposed to be good but all I feel is pain.
stealth brag. >_> <_< >_>
Actually just regular brag.

Someone send me a PC!

Canucked

Just did some stat computing thanks to MasterOverwatch and I apparently have an 8-28 win-loss record as Offensive heroes. My total record for the other three classes combined is 77-63.

I don't know if that means I'm just better at defense, horrible at FPSes, or if everyone in pub games is just awful at coordinating for Attack modes. Probably a little bit of all of it.

I dont even keep track of that stuff. I'll just feel bad about myself.

CoLaN

Ah, dominating a match but losing a point after a never ending overtime that ends up in 2 ultimates forcing your team to run back and being a second too late.

Overtime is a nice concept, but it can be really obnoxious, it's like they desperately want to create exciting moments.

I feel like they can change it a bit to make it fair.

darklin0

Banned
Alright, you are playing in solo que and have to deal with multiple turrets plus a Reinhart on Anubis, what do you do?
Honestly, I would go Hanzo and throw a dragon on Rein. You need a good team to go in a finish the turrets though.

I think the best answer may be Junkrat spam them out of existence.

Mr.Mike

I really don't like snipers that have to "charge", and would much prefer a bolt-action rifle. A big part of it probably comes from CS where I'm used to just immediately firing after scoping in. It's something that would probably be overpowered if the damage from such a shot would be the same as a fully charged shot is now, but I'd be fine with the damage being heavily nerfed in such a situation.

Kito

What i like to do is spread them out in a small room with a health pack in it. One that the enemy team with need to use when pushing. They usually will go in low on health in desperation and get ambushed by the turrets. Easy kills.

Just did this in a defence King's Row match. The most savage thing I've done in any game.

Redmoon

Finally gonna add a bunch of you NA folks just incase you happen to come here to see why a Redmoon added you :3 Should've done this sooner.

Alternatively, and even though it's in the op, you can add me if you want, regardless of your skill/whatnot @ Redmoon#1256

Thinking of giving the break another day or two more before I come back, as I had to leave cause of all the toxicity in solo-q / non 6 mans. Was driving me to start hating the game.

Sou Da

I really don't like snipers that have to "charge", and would much prefer a bolt-action rifle. A big part of it probably comes from CS where I'm used to just immediately firing after scoping in. It's something that would probably be overpowered if the damage from such a shot would be the same as a fully charged shot is now, but I'd be fine with the damage being heavily nerfed in such a situation.
I think another character is better fit for this instead of changing widows mechanic.

So there's a glitch that seems to allow Symmetra to place sentries inside the geometry on at least one map huh? Hopefully this gets patched soon as it makes it entirely impossible to win.

MihowZa

Banned
Had my best Lucio game ever.

34 kills 6 deaths 3 GC ( eliminations / objective time / healing 2 silver and a bronze. Also play of the game where I knocked off the tank, another Lucio and someone else off the point ( playing KOTH )and dropping them to their death.

Best part, we won !!

Playing Tracer a lot lately and last night I went up against another team with a pretty good Tracer on it. We won the match, I got 43 Eliminations and the other Tracer got 46% Kill Participation. For whatever reason the other Tracer got 6 commendations and I got none. I'm not bitter but it got me thinking what is an Elimination vs Kill Participation?

Raven117

Gold Member
As for different costumes, a Halloween & Swimsuit pack seem to be the most logical (I want Winston to wear a Victorian deep cut ribbed wool tank top over a snug fitting pair of shorts, either Navy Blue or Banana Yellow with White Stripes and a Straw Boater hat and replacing his regular specks with round glasses). But I would also like a custom pallet editor, so that you can create two alternative colour pallets (there has to be a limit) and edit any part of the character's body to your choosing.
This is bizzarly too specific, but whatever floats your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom