• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm only salty right now because this Mei on my team earlier today kept messing up my attempt to score some cheap Lucio map kills.

I think Mei's just need to learn that you don't ice wall unless it's to block an entrance or an enemy ult, or to quickly escape.

Also that you can break it without waiting for it to time out.

Xeteh

Not sure about the "bro" part, but Mercy is who I mostly play (unless I'm pissed off at a team for not appreciating me and then switch to someone else just to have fun). I love healers, but get upset at how hard it is so often to play them in shooters and feel like you're actually being recognized for your actions. That's why I'm really loving Overwatch, because you feel just as acknowledged by the game for how much you heal as how much you hurt.

Yeah, Overwatch does an amazing job at incentivizing healing. Shame people still won't do it at all so I end up doing it more than I would like. I don't mind doing it but I also like mixing it up a bunch.

Plus with how little pubs protect healers I end up playing Lucio far more while I prefer playing Mercy but she's fodder if the team doesn't help.

one thing someone mentioned was the patch unintentionally nerfed Bastion. lol

I like to call it a feature.

I think Mei's just need to learn that you don't ice wall unless it's to block an entrance or an enemy ult, or to quickly escape.

Also that you can break it without waiting for it to time out.

You can also use it for vertical movement, crossing gaps, and setting up the firing squad

To be honest though as much as I like to play Mei, when I get one on my team I worry-_-

Hex

Banned
I need to play more late at night, at this time of day I am getting the fuckwits who are out of school and get pc time.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I love playing mercy because when you have a great team you make great things happen.

I hate playing mercy when you have a shitty team because you literally just die 30 times.

Frimaire

Does anybody know how long the "leaving match early" penalty lasts?
I've been getting disconnected from games a lot lately, and the warning just showed up on the main menu for me.
Also does it still count as a disconnect if you reconnect to the same game?
In my last game I got disconnected like 3 times, but I kept joining again and was eventually able to finish the game.
Did they change something recently? D/Cs have not been a problem at all for me for the past couple weeks...

Hex

Banned
My last game has a 76 running all over for kills even as the clock is coming down , ignoring the objective to go run where the enemy is even when he was the only hope for tagging the objective again and a fucking Reaper trying to gunfight with a Pharah in full flight

Watching Seagull's stream earlier and I strongly disagree with the Pro mindset that Stopwatch should be the tournament standard. It makes for a awful, awful viewing experience when 3 minutes into a game everyone goes GG and suddenly stops.

But at the same time I'm not sure what rules they should adapt.

I need advice. I suck at getting kills. The only characters that get me on the scoreboard thing where people vote at the end are Mei or Lucio. And those aren't for kills.

Tips for a newbie?

Building a bit on what someone else said. Play support, especially Mercy and Symmetra as their beams do the targeting for you and people will love you for the support. Symmetra is great when you're spawn is fat from the objective with her portals and the turrets usually catch people off guard.

LiK

Does anybody know how long the "leaving match early" penalty lasts?
I've been getting disconnected from games a lot lately, and the warning just showed up on the main menu for me.
Also does it still count as a disconnect if you reconnect to the same game?
In my last game I got disconnected like 3 times, but I kept joining again and was eventually able to finish the game.
Did they change something recently? D/Cs have not been a problem at all for me for the past couple weeks...

disconnects count. all details here:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745234477?page=1

Xeteh

I love playing mercy because when you have a great team you make great things happen.

I hate playing mercy when you have a shitty team because you literally just die 30 times.

She's seriously the worst hero when you don't have help. The swings with how fun she is vs how miserable she is to play are so crazy.

Permanently A

Watching Seagull's stream earlier and I strongly disagree with the Pro mindset that Stopwatch should be the tournament standard. It makes for a awful, awful viewing experience when 3 minutes into a game everyone goes GG and suddenly stops.

But at the same time I'm not sure what rules they should adapt.

What is stopwatch exactly? Never watched a pro game but that sounds bizarre

X-Frame

Just went up against a team with 3 Tracers. What is the best character to counter that? We ended up winning but it was like trying to swap flies.

rdytoroll

There are so many people that write "easy" after winning in overtime where we hold for 2 or 3 minutes. I know it shouldn't but it makes me salty af, lol. Seems like part of the LoL community made its way over to Overwatch

if your team is shit and needs a support, Lucio is the way to go.

I guess it can be boring, but that's basically what I did all morning, and I kinda think I carried some teams.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn dude you really must have some really bad luck

Yeah... idk what the fuck is going on but i don't think that's normal.

Someone said after 25 Level you get a guaranteed legendary but still nothing...

Xeteh

They play attack/defend and the team that either wins the fastest or gets to x checkpoint fastest wins. So if Team 1 holds Team 2 to the 3rd checkpoint and Team 1 got there 5 minutes in to the game then if Team 2 can't make it to that 3rd checkpoint faster the game immediately ends.

I agree with Seagull on it, you gotta go with what is the most competitive game otherwise its boring to watch.

Watching critical teammates just continue to push deeper and deeper into the enemy is the most infuriating thing. Those are the games you just take out the blaster and say fuck it.

Stopwatch is basically carried over from other objective based FPS games. You play both sides of the map (offense and defense) and the winner is decided on who completes the map fastest or progresses furthest the fastest.

I think if the issue is that they just suddenly stop, that is fixed by the game automatically stopping as if the game in fact ended.

I'm personally okay either way. The system they used in ranked was that if both beat the map, then there was sudden death in a random KOTH map. In stopwatch, if both teams win the map, then the overall victor is the one who beats the map first. In practice, the match would end during the second round if the second attackers don't win before the first team's time passes.

jediyoshi

Payload. Take turns on sides. Second team on attack has to beat performance of first team. This means there's a hard time limit dictated by the prior match if the first team on attack beat it quickly.

Disclaimer: Haven't caught up with the entire topic.

I used to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein competitively and it was stopwatch. In that game, the match ended when the timer hit. I prefer SW and the game just needs that feature. There would have to be some other changes such as it being an overall timer (not per objective) and no overtime.

Permanently A

They play attack/defend and the team that either wins the fastest or gets to x checkpoint fastest wins. So if Team 1 holds Team 2 to the 3rd checkpoint and Team 1 got there 5 minutes in to the game then if Team 2 can't make it to that 3rd checkpoint faster the game immediately ends.

I agree with Seagull on it, you gotta go with what is the most competitive game otherwise its boring to watch.

Stopwatch is basically carried over from other objective based FPS games. You play both sides of the map (offense and defense) and the winner is decided on who completes the map fastest or progresses furthest the fastest.

I think if the issue is that they just suddenly stop, that is fixed by the game automatically stopping as if the game in fact ended.

I'm personally okay either way. The system they used in ranked was that if both beat the map, then there was sudden death in a random KOTH map. In stopwatch, if both teams win the map, then the overall victor is the one who beats the map first. In practice, the match would end during the second round if the second attackers don't win before the first team's time passes.

Payload. Take turns on sides. Second team on attack has to beat performance of first team. This means there's a hard time limit dictated by the prior match if the first team on attack beat it quickly.

Makes sense I suppose. Thanks.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Is there a specific order the victory screen arranges heroes or is it random/different for every user?

X-Frame

Just went up against a team with 3 Tracers. What is the best character to counter that? We ended up winning but it was like trying to swap flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom