• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

we have a teammate leave, 60 second warning to leave game without penalty

we leave game, incur rank penalty

i mean, what the fuck?

eek5

i mean, what the fuck?

You don't get LEAVER penalty. You still take the loss and loss of rank points but it doesn't count against you for timeout/comp ban for leaving too many games. The popup could use better wording IMO.

So huh....best rank is at 100 or at 1, I am clueless

Higher is better

Sweet!

Meaning I'm doing work right?
Looks like it

Went from Trophy Whoring to Oversalt Tryhard

Being in the top 10% of players on PSN is good, yeah.

duckroll

i mean, what the fuck?

Could be wrong, but I think it says you can leave without penalty but it counts as a loss, which means you don't get flagged as a leaver, but it still counts as a loss and will hurt your rank.

Rixxan

Could be wrong, but I think it says you can leave without penalty but it counts as a loss, which means you don't get flagged as a leaver, but it still counts as a loss and will hurt your rank.

it says that after the 60 second warning ends

but in the first 60 seconds it doesnt mention counting as a loss

Plum

OK, without a team competitive is just pure trash. Don't know why I even did the 10 placement matches, my rank's just fallen off a cliff since then. I'm sticking to quick play.

Jacqli

The more videos I see of this game, the more I want to play it. But it is holding me back that I play FPS with a controller and I would buying this one on PC (I do not want to pay for PS+). I do not think I can get used to playing with keyboard and mouse (I have been playing Bloodlines for a while and still I suck at playing with K+M), it is really uncomfortable for me.

They are going to tear me apart, right?

eek5

it says that after the 60 second warning ends

but in the first 60 seconds it doesnt mention counting as a loss

I think you misread. The first 60 seconds is the timeframe that the person can rejoin the match. If you leave during that period you will incur leaver penalty. You're supposed to wait 60 seconds then leave if they don't return.

Woot but still is a lost right?, that explain a lost point on my placements...

Yes, leaving an in-progress game for any reason is always a loss. (Even if you rejoin which is dumb)

The more videos I see of this game, the more I want to play it. But it is holding me back that I play FPS with a controller and I would buying this one on PC (I do not want to pay for PS+). I do not think I can get used to playing with keyboard and mouse (I have been playing Bloodlines for a while and still I suck at playing with K+M), it is really uncomfortable for me.

Yeah, unfortunately.

mbpm1

At a lower level (people with like 3 hours or less) you might be able to manage

Higher up, RIP

Woot but still is a lost right?, that explain a lost point on my placements...
Yes. The first person that leaves a game, they get a leaver penalty and a loss.

If anyone else from that team leaves, they get a loss, but not the leaver penalty.

The problem with the system right now is that it doesn't really make it worth it to stay around and try to win 5 v 6

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Just get it for fun, if you are the competitive type, yeah it will be real hard knocks for you

eek5

Which is better for Mercy, click to heal or hold to heal?
I prefer toggle. You used to be able to hold then click both to switch beams but it is bugged now so toggle is superior IMO. Once the bug is fixed hold might be slightly better but I like toggle for comfort

meshwork

I have a dream that when we get to OT4 all the salty people will stop playing and we can have some nice discussions going here. Reading this thread is a truly miserable experience with all the negativity.

I must be playing a different game, because competitive is really fun and I'm not even 6-stacking this stuff. Also double Reaper? Give that to me any day, I'll just go Pharah and laugh all the way to the bank.

I have a dream that when we get to OT4 all the salty people will stop playing and we can have some nice discussions going here. Reading this thread is a truly miserable experience with all the negativity.

I must be playing a different game, because competitive is really fun and I'm not even 6-stacking this stuff. Also double Reaper? Give that to me any day, I'll just go Pharah and laugh all the way to the bank.
Oh give me a break.

Permanently A

There are some classes that don't need fine mouse aiming like Winston and Symmetra, but yeah, most classes would be much harder to play. The Torbjorn turret damage was nerfed by 30% on console because controllers are much slower in reacting to the turret compared to the mouse.

Permanently A

Playing comp is hella draining. Like after 1 or 2 games I'm done. Very stressful to play. Its really fun, but not something I can keep up for a while.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Uuuuh, that sucks. I do want to play it, but being a burden for the rest of the team… Sigh, I think I will pass on this one. Thanks. :(

Not a burden persay, but the thing with this game is you will have to invest time, thing is the more time extends, new players will have a higher hill to climb if you get my analogy

If you can invest time and are OK with a fluctuating skill base, why not
The game has characters that you will fall in love with, not just aesthetic wise but gameplay that really flows with said character

Listen if you're getting this for PC, drop $40 for reg edition unless you're really jonesing for 5 extra skins for the game and other Blizzard entries for the extra $20

Then just pull the trigger on Quick Play and Start learning
There will be days you'll do shit to make you feel like the best, then the next day like you forgot what the "W" key does

exYle

It means you are in the 91st percentile, or the top 9% percent. 91 is a very good place to be, that's exactly where I am with Roadhog and I'm pretty happy about it.

Question, is that a truly skill-based ranking, or is it points based? I know people who put it a lot of time are generally better than those who haven't, but does Overbuff rank people by the sheer amount of points they've accumulated, or by some other metric?

eek5

Question, is that a truly skill-based ranking, or is it points based? I know people who put it a lot of time are generally better than those who haven't, but does Overbuff rank people by the sheer amount of points they've accumulated, or by some other metric?

It's basing it off of the skill rating which you get from playing competitive.

For individual heroes it's based on an arbitrary algorithm that takes into account your hero stats relative to the rest of the player pool

Hasn't happened in the LoL thread and look how many threads in they are.

The salt is a part of the game. Embrace it, friends.

Zomba13

So is the kill cam worse for everyone now? Instead of how it was before it no pauses at a black screen for a second then kind of wipes in the footage instead of just showing it. And the stuff between rounds in koth, instead of it naturally fading into the next location there is a hard cut where you see you jump from one map to the next because it does the silly esports score recap thing.

Plum

As long as the concepts of winning and losing exist so will "salt", especially when 6 losses in a row means you're back 5 ranks from where you started.

Danj

I'm guessing you're quite high ranked then? Because my experience, along with a lot of other people's below rank 50, is that it's awful.

I don't get people who defend torb and claim that he is very usable in pubs. I just ran into a level 50-80 people in quick play who ran through our silly torb+symmetra team easily. I was the only person on point with Reinhardt, and I took out Tracer, Soldier-76 and almost killed Reaper if he didn't have backup; the other team's D.Va immediately flew to Torb and rekt him. This happens a lot than people think.

Permanently A

I'm guessing you're quite high ranked then? Because my experience, along with a lot of other people's below rank 50, is that it's awful.

Not that guy, but at rank 62 comp is pretty fun. The only bad part is the coinflip, otherwise people are pretty cooperative and trying their best in my experience.

Apathy

the penalty for leaving is not high enough, it should be massive

we were actually winning and some dick hole decided to leave on our team. then when the timer ran down everyone else left. like what a waste of time out of shits. if you can't set away time to do competitive then stick to quick

fuck bring me back avoid player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom