• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqli

Not a burden persay, but the thing with this game is you will have to invest time, thing is the more time extends, new players will have a higher hill to climb if you get my analogy

If you can invest time and are OK with a fluctuating skill base, why not
The game has characters that you will fall in love with, not just aesthetic wise but gameplay that really flows with said character

Listen if you're getting this for PC, drop $40 for reg edition unless you're really jonesing for 5 extra skins for the game and other Blizzard entries for the extra $20

Then just pull the trigger on Quick Play and Start learning
There will be days you'll do shit to make you feel like the best, then the next day like you forgot what the "W" key does
I understand that analogy. I had a similar experience with Splatoon: I was addicted to it for several months then I stopped playing altogether when my studies started to pile up and… I haven't touched it since then because I feel like I would have to learn the new stages and weapons and felt like part of the charm was lost.
I was even thinking of trying Team Fortress 2 first so I could get used to K+M, but that game is even worse for newbies like me. I bought DOOM and forced me to play with keyboard and mouse, but I was missing my 360 controller all the time.

That is what I am seeing, many characters, each with their own playstyle. It seems so so cool. :(
As to investing time, well, it is hard to say. I would like to play a pair of matches before going to bed (that is what I said about Splatoon and the pair became ten), but I do not think I would be taking it too hard TBH.

There are some classes that don't need fine mouse aiming like Winston and Symmetra, but yeah, most classes would be much harder to play. The Torbjorn turret damage was nerfed by 30% on console because controllers are much slower in reacting to the turret compared to the mouse.
I can imagine. Truth be told, I should be playing on console as all of us will be more equal, but the game is cheaper and I can play online for free…

I appreciate your recommendations (or warnings!). Thank you, gaffers.

R0ckman

I literally cant get out of hell rank in competetive, always end up on the teams that are terrible where everyone dies in 2 seconds. I know to watch how I'm doing and how I effect my team but literally everytime I'm fighting I'm always the last man standing doesnt matter if I'm the tank or Tracer. Why the hell did I run all of my placements solo? Shit.

As a Mercy and recently converted Junkrat player, this loot box makes me very happy.

QLOxlh0.jpg

It'd be nice to have a new mode to spice things up a big, but I can't see that happening as they would have to make three maps to go with that plus the new character, but who knows.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just want more control maps

And I'm having fun learning tracer

That moment you zip off the map and Rewind and hope no one saw you doing it *kek

Overwatch |OT4|#Oversalt, Leaving this thread incurrs you a -75% penalty and the letter L

the penalty for leaving is not high enough, it should be massive

we were actually winning and some dick hole decided to leave on our team. then when the timer ran down everyone else left. like what a waste of time out of shits. if you can't set away time to do competitive then stick to quick

fuck bring me back avoid player
Like I said, the loss in rank should be quintupled or sextupled. The leaver's loss in rank should have their teammate's piled ontop.

meshwork

I'm guessing you're quite high ranked then? Because my experience, along with a lot of other people's below rank 50, is that it's awful.

I can imagine that the leaver part goes away if you're ranked high enough, yeah. When leavers are initially ranked in the 30s and 40s to begin with it's only natural that people playing at those ranks have to put up with them until they start ranking down or get banned :/

Croc

Banned
I don't understand why you still have to take a loss if your teammates leave. I just had 4 teammates leave in a competitive placement match and only one other guy stayed. So cause we had shitty teammates we're forced to take a loss in the placement matches? It was my first loss!

GraveRobberX

Finally got my placement matches done. Any clear idea on what the rank numbers mean?

Seriously the lower the number, the more headaches and shit tier play involved

Higher the number, the decency meter climbs

GraveRobberX

Lol or when you meant to recall out of the room only you stayed there too long and just at the same spot lol

Oh I've had a Tracer do that once, confused the fuck out of the both of us

I was like you rewinded right next to time, shotgun blast, *elimination*

meshwork

I don't understand why you still have to take a loss if your teammates leave. I just had 4 teammates leave in a competitive placement match and only one other guy stayed. So cause we had shitty teammates we're forced to take a loss in the placement matches? It was my first loss!

Because if you didn't get rank loss after someone leaves you would get a situation where terrible people bully weaker players into leaving their games so they avoid losing rank. That's not something you want.

Zemm

63% winrate with Mercy and 67% with Lucio, overall its at 59%.
I lost 4 Ranks since I started because of the KOTH bug in the beginning and now the rage quitters. :|

The KoTH bug for placements and losing ranks despite having a greater than 50% win ratio has really put me off ever playing competitive again this season. I probably will but I don't give a fuck about it right now.

Because then people will troll and try to force other people to leave so they can leave worry free.

IMO, the system they have in place is fine.

Apathy

The KoTH bug for placements and losing ranks despite having a greater than 50% win ratio has really put me off ever playing competitive again this season. I probably will but I don't give a fuck about it right now.

enlighten me about the bug

GraveRobberX

So I was checking the weapons out, oh come on hook up Torb with the Golden Turret or Genji with the Golden sword

I'm sorry, Gold Ninja stars only, who in the blue fuck will see those unless they have a gold trail behind them

Most of the big weapons will stand out, but the smaller ones either need to have a shiny effect going on them
Torb gold gun isn't that distinguishable from the yellow colored skin

abundant

Because then people will troll and try to force other people to leave so they can leave worry free.

IMO, the system they have in place is fine.

It would also be exploited by groups. For example, if the group was losing, then someone on the group bites the bullet and quits, taking the loss in ranking while their friends don't.

So I was checking the weapons out, oh come on hook up Torb with the Golden Turret or Genji with the Golden sword

I'm sorry, Gold Ninja stars only, who in the blue fuck will see those unless they have a gold trail behind them

Most of the big weapons will stand out, but the smaller ones either need to have a shiny effect going on them
If you use the left stick over the weapon, you can see Genjis golden sword and Torbs golden hammer, plus any other alternate weapons for other characters.

Edit: don't what it is for PC

finalflame

Gold Member
"Hey I'm not sure a Genji is the best pick here, is there anything else you could play?"

*switches to Hanzo*

Thanks, HotBodGuy666.

166643-silicon-valley-ehrlich-motherf-tAQR.gif

Satch

Banned

I think genji does have a golden sword

peakish

Had some great games tonight, ranked up to 57 with a friend. Although there were some really easy games among them we had a couple of amazingly close ones, including a Lijiang game which we turned around from 0-2 to 3-2. Struck luck and didn't have a single game with a leaver, except one who reconnected and finished the game with us.

The only toxicity I saw was second hand as a team was running a bastion who got nothing done on Dorado defense, as the next round began we caught a glimpse of the team frying the poor dude. "IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT HE HAS HIGH DPS" lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Anyone looking to party up on PS4? Playing right now, haven't partnered with anyone but I do pretty decent on my own. Only a level 18, trying to get to 25 in order to play competitive.

PSN: NotAJellyfish

Someone should make OT 4 and have Battleborn images.

Is anyone really going to be able to earn 300 competitive coins for a gold skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom