• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
CkoBSXvWEAE7oiW.jpg

So true, so good.

Rad-

Damn watching Seagull play McCree earlier today... He hardly even uses fan the hammer and still owns everyone. He just stuns and shoots them once or twice in the head. Only fan the hammers tanks.

Luigi87

Damn watching Seagull play McCree earlier today... He hardly even uses fan the hammer and still owns everyone. He just stuns and shoots them once or twice in the head. Only fan the hammers tanks.

Evidence that even when McCree gets nerfed, Seagull will still wreck face with him.

Dubz

Someone should make an Overwatch tier list thread.

I'd like to see who people think are the best offensive, defensive, tank, and support characters are.

I'm too lazy to do it😀

jediyoshi

I suppose its that, but still, I little bit more work could be done with that algorythm, like taking into account how the game was won, or supports doing something cool to keep the team going in the payload or koth

A problem is that people already commonly find things that are directly related to kills boring. If POTG expanded to more contextually non-obvious moments like a healer just healing at a pivotal moment, you open the system up to even more "boring" moments. People want to have their cake and eat it too, but unless they want minute long POTGs that also have to summarize their significance, shutdowns, lifesavers, etc are always the safest bet.

When I play with gaffers and play organized, I feel like we get hard opponents almost all the time and lose like 75% of games. Then I go play with randoms and win like 75% of games without even trying.

Weird I feel like the reverse is happening. Been on a losing streak with randoms for a day or two now. It getting to be clockwork, lose 5 win 1. Can't tell you how many unorganized teams I'm running into. I'm seeing more people running off from the group or bastions and junk rats hanging back and not staying on objective. It's starting to be a downer, because before I felt the teams always felt pretty tight on average.

Rize_21

Playing with randoms is great to unlock some achievements, I was really close to get a team kill with D.Va's ult, hope it'll be done this weekend.

So, how am I supposed to break a 3 bastion 3 torbjorn defense on temple of anubis again?

Let me tell you about this gal called D.va... She can launch the equivalent of a nuclear missle every so often, and it is the perfect bunker buster.

Please note: I have never pulled off this strategy against a Toblerone/Bastion team. But it will happen one day, and be the stuff of legends.

And yeah, teamwork will be the second ingredient. You need to gain ground immediately after clearing them or it all falls apart.

Zaventem

So, how am I supposed to break a 3 bastion 3 torbjorn defense on temple of anubis again?

Breaking all the assault maps in pubs is stacked against you. I feel like those are the ones that require the most team coordination and you do not get that without grouping up 90% of the time.

XenoRaven

Oh yes, we have completely failed to push Point A on King's Row for several minutes now. Switching to Torb is really what's going to push us over the edge. Thanks teammate. You're the MVP.

Dunlop

Let me tell you about this gal called D.va... She can launch the equivalent of a nuclear missle every so often, and it is the perfect bunker buster.

Please note: I have never pulled off this strategy against a Toblerone/Bastion team. But it will happen one day, and be the stuff of legends.

And yeah, teamwork will be the second ingredient. You need to gain ground immediately after clearing them or it all falls apart.

It's not like all of the Bastion's and turrets will be close together so the ult will kill them.

You will not win against that defence setup. Bastion's DPS is insane (see DPS chart linked above) and the turrets have unerring instant aim.

I wanted to see if there was any delay for the turrets so I went as far back as possible to a rooftop with Genji, as soon as a pixel of me was out of cover I was taking dmg.

They are just stupid broken right now.

Junkrat is probably the best since you can hit from outside of LOS.

But DVA works too, she can defense matrix and your entire team has several seconds of DPS without fear of dying. Then when you get ultimate you can clear out a lot or force bastions to move and your team takes them out the same.

It's not like all of the Bastion's and turrets will be close together so the ult will kill them.

You will not win against that defence setup. Bastion's DPS is insane (see DPS chart linked above) and the turrets have unerring instant aim.

I wanted to see if there was any delay for the turrets so I went as far back as possible to a rooftop with Genji, as soon as a pixel of me was out of cover I was taking dmg.

They are just stupid broken right now.
The thing with such a setup is, they absolutely cannot handle being pushed back. All of them take precious seconds to set up again and even more to return to battle. Even with a Reinhard or something, they cannot protect everyone at once and a coordinated strike would decimate them. Even trading 1-for-2 would give a decisive edge to the attacker if they could keep the heat up--eventually locking down the area for themselves.

The issue is, it gets harder the longer the match goes on, as the Toblerones build up scrap and ults.

I do not doubt such a comp is beatable, even if I haven't done it yet. (My team got shutdown hard by an all-Toblerone defense a few days back.)

Playing with randoms is great to unlock some achievements, I was really close to get a team kill with D.Va's ult, hope it'll be done this weekend.

I almost got the 4 kill with D.Va ult achievement earlier in a GAF game by launching it at a Zarya ult. The reaper got away with his shadow form though :'-(. I got 3 kills with it multiple times now but 4 still didn't happen. One of these days...

Junkrat is probably the best since you can hit from outside of LOS.

But DVA works too, she can defense matrix and your entire team has several seconds of DPS without fear of dying. Then when you get ultimate you can clear out a lot or force bastions to move and your team takes them out the same.

I was playing junkrat, but it takes so long to kill a bastion with bank shots that we couldn't make any headway on point b.

DVA would have been good for the ult, but pugs can't coordinate a push within the timeframe of one defense matrix

Hagi

Dam this leavers penalty is a game killer. I quit two games in a row that had all tjorbs and now I'm stuck with 75% minus exp for god knows how long. Bring on ranked.

Someone should make an Overwatch tier list thread.

I'd like to see who people think are the best offensive, defensive, tank, and support characters are.

I'm too lazy to do it😀

I'd say this is the current tierlist, based on watching tournaments and streams of high level pubs. Of course, this will change as people learn more about the game and balance changes hit. For example, I think there's a lot of potential in Mei's ice wall, but currently she's completely shut down by the prevalence of (double) McCree.

S-tier: McCree, Widowmaker
A-tier: Lucio, Mercy, Winston, Tracer, Reinhardt
B-tier: Soldier 76, Pharah, Junkrat, Genji, Zarya
C-tier: Roadhog, Symmetra, Reaper
D-tier: Mei, Hanzo, Torbjorn, D.Va, Zenyatta, Bastion

gz! teleporter one is gonna be a bitch to get though.

Yeah, it's too bad I couldn't find her teleporters. I only found one. But, man, feels good to be part of the 0.5% club lol Plus, I love Winstons pixel spray.

The one I'm dreading the most is Zenyattas 4 kills in 6 seconds discord Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom