• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people always recommend Pharah against turrets or Bastion. She doesn't have enough mobility in the air to dodge Bastion spray and the turrets auto lock anyway. Against multiple turrets she might be able to get one down with popping in and out of cover but she'll get taken out just as fast as anyone else.
Junkrat is the solution here.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Any tips and tricks to being a good Mercy?

Every time I try her out I find myself alone getting destroying being Tracer and Genji.
Don't go out alone, stay behind cover just healing/buffing. Use your flight power to zip you closer to allies when you're at a bit of a distance.

Why do people always recommend Pharah against turrets or Bastion. She doesn't have enough mobility in the air to dodge Bastion spray and the turrets auto lock anyway. Against multiple turrets she might be able to get one down with popping in and out of cover but she'll get taken out just as fast as anyone else.

It works against torbjorn turrets since they do so little dps, but bastion can indeed shred pharah easily.

Ardenyal

Find a corner and peek, fire a rocket, get back to cover, peek, fire a rocket. Easy.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It works against torbjorn turrets since they do so little dps, but bastion can indeed shred pharah easily.
Depends on the Bastion player. Stay at a bit of a distance behind cover when he's planted. Fire a single shot step behind cover, step out again and fire another and step back. Three shots and he's down.

Crosseyes

Banned
Ugh that feeling when you've been playing for over an hour and still haven't gotten your win of the day xp buff.

I'm leaving every single garbage team that I'm on once I get a feel how any match is going to go a few minutes in.

Got one for 3 Torbjörns on point B at Volskaya Industries? :D

Not a map but with Junkrat? Go up the right hand side, ride the elevator up past the middle choke. Drop down off the elevator platform. To the right of the nook with the health pack you can jump across a gap to behind the right flank of the point using junkrat's concussion mine. Flank from the right side of the point. Use concussion grenade to get to the upper level and drop a rip tire if you have it up.

Ckn_I1AXEAApnqM.jpg

The only time a Mei player is ever useful.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

Fixing list for PC and console

PC(same exact list as yours):

S-tier: McCree, Widowmaker
A-tier: Lucio, Mercy, Winston, Tracer, Reinhardt
B-tier: Soldier 76, Pharah, Junkrat, Genji, Zarya
C-tier: Roadhog, Symmetra, Reaper
D-tier: Mei, Hanzo, Torbjorn, D.Va, Zenyatta, Bastion

Console(favors characters that don't take much aim to master, also slight Tracer damage boost makes her more deadly):

S-tier Torbjorn, McCree, Tracer
A-tier: Roadhog, Lucio, Mercy, Winston, Reinhardt
B-tier: Soldier 76, Junkrat, Genji, Zarya, Bastion
C-tier: Symmetra, Reaper, Widowmaker, Mei, Pharah, Zenyatta
D-tier: Hanzo, D.Va

Afrodium

Banned
Playing with a teammate who refuses to play any hero but Symmetra, even when on the attacking team in Payload map is... frustrating.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What kind of timing is First Win bonus XP based around? I just got it two games ago, but I already won games today.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of timing is First Win bonus XP based around? I just got it two games ago, but I already won games today.

Isn't that based on control point maps? Like the first round won?

Playing with a teammate who refuses to play any hero but Symmetra, even when on the attacking team in Payload map is... frustrating.
Symmetra attack on payload isn't half bad actually. Turrets on the truck can take people off guard. Her ultimate of course is pretty useless but she isn't completely dead weight.

I'd say this is the current tierlist, based on watching tournaments and streams of high level pubs. Of course, this will change as people learn more about the game and balance changes hit. For example, I think there's a lot of potential in Mei's ice wall, but currently she's completely shut down by the prevalence of (double) McCree.

S-tier: McCree, Widowmaker
A-tier: Lucio, Mercy, Winston, Tracer, Reinhardt
B-tier: Soldier 76, Pharah, Junkrat, Genji, Zarya
C-tier: Roadhog, Symmetra, Reaper
D-tier: Mei, Hanzo, Torbjorn, D.Va, Zenyatta, Bastion

Mmm, I disagree. I think it's more like...

S rank: McCree, Widowmaker, Tracer, Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt, Reaper, Pharah, Junkrat
A rank: Winston, Soldier 76, Mei, Genji, Hanzo, Roadhog, Symmetra, Zarya
B rank: D.Va, Zenyatta, Torbjorn
C rank: Bastion

S ranks are almost always picked in competitive. B ranks are people that just need a little nudge and they'll be great.

Bastion just requires a lot of investment.

Eric WK

Symmetra attack on payload isn't half bad actually. Turrets on the truck can take people off guard. Her ultimate of course is pretty useless but she isn't completely dead weight.

I actually lost an Anubis defense yesterday because an offensive Symmetra laid down a teleporter right outside the point following a strong push. It really took us by surprise.

i hate when i get a good game with a nice mercy and then the game kicks us all out of the lobby and shes gone

rip
TBH I kinda hate how kick happy the game is in general. For any little thing the lobby you're in will disappear.

Run to the bathroom real quick in between matches

"Too bad, should have been scrolling ur stats m8".

Take a second to choose your character.

"Come on fam, your wasting everyone's time!" *30 seconds till enemy team attacks*

Roll over the enemy team and more than two of them quit.

"Your rando team is too gud, let's toss you out to sea with some new scrubs and see how hard you get rekt."

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm, I disagree. I think it's more like...

S rank: McCree, Widowmaker, Tracer, Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt, Reaper, Pharah, Junkrat
A rank: Winston, Soldier 76, Mei, Genji, Hanzo, Roadhog, Symmetra, Zarya
B rank: D.Va, Zenyatta, Torbjorn
C rank: Bastion

S ranks are almost always picked in competitive. B ranks are people that just need a little nudge and they'll be great.

Bastion just requires a lot of investment.

No way should Pharah be S-rank even if you saw her picked a lot. If I had a dollar for each time I've heard 'Justice rains from-AAUUUGH' I'd be pretty well off.

Fugu

Any tips and tricks to being a good Mercy?

Every time I try her out I find myself alone getting destroying being Tracer and Genji.
The main tip is to never be alone unless your position is obscure enough that nobody will find you. You should always be able to fly to one of your team mates -- preferably one that can do something useful if you get ganked. The most important aspect of playing as Mercy is staying alive, and the way to stay alive most of the time is to make it prohibitively difficult for your opponent to hit you. Don't get sniped, don't lead the charge, don't just go where the tank goes; hide and heal.

Get a feel for how fast you're gaining meter in a game and revive accordingly. If you have a roadhog on your team, chances are you can afford to revive pretty often. If you have a dual tank setup, you can probably revive with impunity. However, if your team is 5/6 Hanzo, you likely need to be very careful with your revives.

Most threats are manageable. Use the pistol if you have to. Having said that, get used to being killed by Genji's ult every single time. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

"Playing with a teammate that refuses"

You can pretty much have stop right there for this person to be someone I dont want to play with

Zenyatta above bottom tier?

Pharah S tier?

Lucio not in S tier?

Torb in S tier on console?

Y'all are designing some whack-ass tier lists that make no sense.

kromeo

is there some way to break out of ice faster? when I freeze people I can sometimes barely get a shot off before they're free..

No way should Pharah be S-rank even if you saw her picked a lot. If I had a dollar for each time I've heard 'Justice rains from-AAUUUGH' I'd be pretty well off.

Using it low to the ground is usually the most successful in my experience. When you jump up high and use it, you're basically claiming "shoot me!" Flanking with it is also ridiculously effective.

Her damage on a direct hit is nuts and the splash is also quite powerful.

Using it low to the ground is usually the most successful in my experience. When you jump up high and use it, you're basically claiming "shoot me!" Flanking with it is also ridiculously effective.

Should be 150 direct with a smaller hitbox and like 20 for splash. >.> Blizz pls

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't make sense. Hanzos are so much more devastating than Widows on console.

Theoretically they are because of hitbox, but they are not because of low use and when people finally do use them, they are either A. hurting their team by not helping enough or B. aiming terribly enough to not hit or not do enough damage to kill. They also rely on his skill 1 too much for luck and people miss a lot with his dragon.

Widowmaker fully charged is still a 1 hit kill for most characters with a controller. She has the slight edge over Hanzo in this regard.

Rokam

Experienced my first botter tonight, why the fuck even do it? For some cosmetic unlocks that do nothing... makes sense.

I swear Hanzo is still overrated because of all those early Seagull videos and people becoming enamored with this idea of his ult being some consistent game-winner.

Vitanimus

any tips for D.Va? I can never really find an opportune time to use her defense matrix, and heroes like Reaper absolutely shred through her and destroy my mech, which is the equivalent of being dead.

JGLS

Just got my 4th legendary skin at level 36, McCree's Vigilante. Never played with him before. Guess I'm going to fan the hammer before they nerf it.

My most successful pharah ults were right behind a reinhardt. So yeah, doing it with cover, low to the ground, or behind a tank is the most ideal than just shooting high. Hell sometimes just walking right behind a widowmaker and using an ult is better just for the sheer satisfaction of it

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I swear Hanzo is still overrated because of all those early Seagull videos and people becoming enamored with this idea of his ult being some consistent game-winner.

People don't understand that his ult is meant for combos or sneak attacks, not just to shoot out and hope for the best. Reinhardt did hammer down? Use Hanzo ult and finish the job. Zarya use ult to bring enemy team together? Dragon them down. Roadhog pushing people into a corner with his super shotgun ult? Dragon time.

Satch

Banned
any tips for D.Va? I can never really find an opportune time to use her defense matrix, and heroes like Reaper absolutely shred through her and destroy my mech, which is the equivalent of being dead.

switch sis, she's the worst hero in the game

alternatively you need to use your abilities to go around behind their teammates. use your defense matrix when youre approaching someone and then shoot them from point blank range. you can use the boost and the defense matrix at the same time. also dont be afraid to run away

the hitbox for her "head" is in the middle of the mech's chest, so she dies very quickly to just about anyone that doesn't panic

reaper shreds through all of the tanks, it's his niche.

lol that was the worst mcree POTG i saw from the other team i want to throw up. he couldn't even hit a person just fucking standing there with 4 shots. he had to move in closer to hit them. then he did high noon and killed 2 people. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom