• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Widow is garbage! Winston is a million times better, where is my skin Blizz?

Riot! Riot! Riot! Riot! Riot! Riot!
kJPzZqy.jpg

Lmao what's the context of this gif
it's from this cheesy ariana grande video lmao

Gurrry

It's gonna be fucking stupid when everyone's running around as santa in July tbh

This is another reason why I wish they would add skins that arent tied to seasonal events.

Yes, I do love these events, but we need more regular skins now. Having to wait for holidays is really limiting their creativity. Id much rather see some new ideas than a bunch of characters in Santa hats.

Remember guys, Winston is supposed to get 2 items out of skins, intros or emotes, so it's very likely he'll get a skin, and in total we're going to get a whole 28 items out of those 3 categories, which is 10 more items than both Summer Games and Halloween Terror had (which had 12 skins and 3 emotes/intros each).

xaosslug

considering they use widowmaker in so much promotional material to get the str8 boys on board you would think they would give her SOMETHING just once.
jIzprei.gif

hopefully, she'll get an emote. Or a highlight intro... tho, that would be a waste on the vast majority that run her. xD

It's gonna be fucking stupid when everyone's running around as santa in July tbh

i think it speaks more to how a character's skins are lacking in general? S76's thriller skin, Ana's ghoul skin, and Reaper's headless horseman skin are their best skins... so I stay using them. :p

Remember guys, Winston is supposed to get 2 items out of skins, intros or emotes, so it's very likely he'll get a skin, and in total we're going to get a whole 28 items out of those 3 categories, which is 10 more items than both Summer Games and Halloween Terror had (which had 12 skins and 3 emotes/intros each).

Santa hats for everyone!

Gurrry

My hope is that Blizzard gives everyone a xmas gift and allows us all to pick 1 skin (even if its an past event skin) to have for free.

I know it isnt going to happen... but it would be pretty amazing if they did. Ill take that over a free box anyday.

hopefully, she'll get an emote. Or a highlight into... tho, that would be a waste on the vast majority that run her. xD

i think it speaks more to how a character's skins are lacking in general? S76's thriller skin, Ana's ghoul skin, and Reaper's headless horseman skin are their best skins... so I stay using them. :p
Wrong
qwdn348.jpg

only if they do it mean girls style
That's one way to sell loot boxes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish they spent half the amount of time on non-event legendary skins that they did on holiday ones.

you know, shit youd use after a month

Kind of have a feeling that this event is going to have the most new skins to date. That thumbnail is probably just a small selection as they don't even look like legendary skins.
At least, that is what I am hoping.

It's funny how so many people complained and commented on how Sombra was way too OP and now literally nobody plays her. Haven't seen anyone pick her in ages.

It's funny how so many people complained and commented on how Sombra was way too OP and now literally nobody plays her. Haven't seen anyone pick her in ages.
i'm a sombra main

she's fun but I do feel she's very weak in unco-ordinated teams

there was one fucking awful moment i had the other day where we had quite possibly the worst zarya i've ever seen in my life

so we were standing outside anubis b ready to attack, we all confirmed that we had our ults and i put "group up with me", "my ultimate is ready", and then "group up with me" again before running in to the main body of the enemy. I sit behind them waiting for zarya to ult, she doesn't, so I pop my ult anyway and get 4 of them as my team is coming down the main pathway, zarya still doesn't ult, we all die, and then zarya - the sole survivor - ults.

:-|

AbaFadi

Banned
Ah. Honestly aiming with D.VA on console is easier lol

My D.Va aim hovers around 40% tbh. It could probably be a bit higher but I spend a colossal amount of time shooting at nothing with her cause no real punishment for it :p

I wouldn't expect to get much higher than that.

Yeah I'm fine with 40%. That's my target accuracy with her. Also, what do you have your windows mouse sensitivity set to or does that not matter? I'm new to PC gaming so I'm not sure about a lot of things lol.

Nimby

Banned
Still under the opinion she's really good. But she's in a similar situation to Symmetra where you have to drop speed boost to run her, for Sombra ya gotta drop some damage which doesn't work with the heroes currently ran.

Still under the opinion she's really good. But she's in a similar situation to Symmetra where you have to drop speed boost to run her, for Sombra ya gotta drop some damage which doesn't work with the heroes currently ran.
It's weird as well cus against Roadhog and DVa on their own Sombra's gun is pretty good due to the shape of the spread, but against multiples it's no use.

komaruR

Well the framerate seems to switch between 119 and 179 in game. It's weird. I think I have fast sync enabled to "help" with the tearing so maybe that's causing rapid changes in frame rate causing stuttering.

I've been on the hunt for a 144Hz monitor but it'll cost me £230 at least. What brand is yours?

what graphic card you have? seeing that you have fast sync its a nvidiea maxwell or pascal?
I have a gtx 980 and a 60hz monitor and fast sync doesn't stutter or tear for me when I uncap and play on high graphical setting. I recently turn off all the sync options to see if there's any tearing so that I can play with minimal input lag and so far its totally fine for me too (no tearing). I do plan on getting a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor later down the road.

. Also, what do you have your windows mouse sensitivity set to or does that not matter? I'm new to PC gaming so I'm not sure about a lot of things lol.
You generally want it to be as low as possible as you can get while still being able to 180 in one motion. Like I'm at like 1200dpi and like 3.3 in game. It's better to have higher dpi/lower in game sens because there was pixel skipping above 3.4ish in game sens.

You also want to make sure mouse acceleration is disabled if you haven't done that already.

Gurrry

It just doesnt make sense in the meta to play Sombra when her damage is this weak. Soldier, due to his high damage, can take away a Reinhardt shield just as fast as if Sombra hacked him.

I also wish she could actually shoot out of invisibility instead of having to announce herself and remove the cloak before being able to shoot...

Skii

what graphic card you have? seeing that you have fast sync its a nvidiea maxwell or pascal?
I have a gtx 980 and a 60hz monitor and fast sync doesn't stutter or tear for me when I uncap and play on high graphical setting. I recently turn off all the sync options to see if there's any tearing so that I can play with minimal input lag and so far its totally fine for me (no tearing).

I have a GTX 970. I don't really know if it's tearing or stutter but it feels the same. But when I try 180 with Genji, it definitely isn't smooth like a locked 60 fps. Maybe I need to play around with my settings more? Does it actually feel like a smooth locked 60 with fast sync even though it's uncapped?

AbaFadi

Banned
You generally want it to be as low as possible as you can get while still being able to 180 in one motion. Like I'm at like 1200dpi and like 3.3 in game. It's better to have higher dpi/lower in game sens because there was pixel skipping above 3.4ish in game sens.

You also want to make sure mouse acceleration is disabled if you haven't done that already.

Yeah I disabled the enhance pointer precision box already. Gonna try out these settings later. Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

caesar

Banned
I mean, there is a point where you are so much more mechanically skilled than the opponents that you can turn your brain off to quite some extent. I've seen Iddqd run in solo and try to make plays by himself only to get picked by a junkrat nade or hog hook multiple times in the same KotH segment. Not saying that he doesn't know how to play smart, just that there are plenty of occasions where he decides not to.

I mean, we all do shit like that all the time. Like how often have you stomped a team for 3-4 minutes on first point, tried to get cheeky and overextend a bit only to get destroyed because you knew you were better and felt like you didn't have to actually play smart? When I watch most of the top level players stream, I get that feeling a whole lot from them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at around 14% at least if he was consistently trying. I mean, my McCree is nothing anywhere near special, and I have 10% on my crit rate. I can almost guarantee that he could do 14-15% without real problem with the right support/plays.

14% over a 20 games, yeah. 200 games, I really doubt it. I have literally 50% of my Overwatch playtime on him. If you're trying to make plays and not just shooting at tanks behind the Rein shield, hitting 14% consistently is insanely difficult.

Top Bottom