• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm

While I was initially very pro no hero stacking in qp, it's just occurred to me that that means you won't always be able to pick your fave character. Not sure how I feel about that.

I still think the actual solution is qp, unranked and ranked.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
JXBJU5T.png

soooo cool
We lost out on a dope JSRF esque character. feelsbadman
WHY THE FRICK ISN'T SHE HOLDING THE UZI SIDEWAYS
:| no

Are there more details about Sombra's passive ability that allows her to see the enemies below 50% HP? Is there a radius or something? That seems OP af, since you can see their exact position (like widow's ult) and can go for the kill with invisibility plus 200% speed.

And the health pack thing, is there a limit of how much she can hack? If not, that will be very annoying in KOTH and for flankers in general. I'm already imagining myself playing as Tracer, our support is dead, I'm 30hp going to the nearest health pack and... nope. Hopefully this stuff will reset when she's dead.

Tovarisc

Are there more details about Sombra's passive ability that allows her to see the enemies below 50% HP? Is there a radius or something? That seems OP af, since you can see their exact position (like widow's ult) and can go for the kill with invisibility plus 200% speed.

And the health pack thing, is there a limit of how much she can hack? If not, that will be very annoying in KOTH and for flankers in general. I'm already imagining myself playing as Tracer, our support is dead, I'm 30hp going to the nearest health pack and... nope. Hopefully this stuff will reset when she's dead.

No radius or amount limitations. You see every player who is <50% HP no matter where they are on the map.

No limit on amount of HP packs she can have hacked at once.

No limit on hacked health packs, and they stay hacked for a minute. Hack takes a few seconds to channel and has a 12s cooldown, though.

|OT6.99999931| Watch_Point

I don't get it. Also you forgot the %. :(

Sombra looks so fun, watched most of that Stylosa stream. I have a feeling my girlfriend would love to just sneak around the map and hack healthpacks lol. And the Arcade sounds nice, an interesting re-work of the Brawls, adding some more flavor to the game with 1v1 and 3v3 elimination without going straight up TDM. Hopefully we get more maps for 1v1 and 3v3 early next year as well, maybe even just some altered versions of current maps would work so they wouldn't have to spend too much time art-wise. And I'm super excited that Oasis is both a control/KOTH map and in a very unique location.

Overall, I'm super happy with these announcements, especially since we're getting more than just Sombra so soon (even though she looks amazing to play). I'm a PS4 player though, so it's gonna be a long three-ish week wait.

rulerk1

Played some Comp today! matches were alright except for one match

TM 1: We are defense , we need a Bastion (They knew Genji was on the other team)
TM 2: alright, (switches from Lucio to Bastion)

Bastion repeatedly dies but doesnt switch. Enemy team gets closer to point
TM 1: Switches off Pharah (no counters) to Junkrat (Zarya)

someone switched to Torb but we lost already.

TM 2: I'm surprised that didn't work. We had a Bastion wtf

My face during all of this

glee-season-5-canceled-emotion-gifs-b-blake-3.gif

Hmmm

While I was initially very pro no hero stacking in qp, it's just occurred to me that that means you won't always be able to pick your fave character. Not sure how I feel about that.

I still think the actual solution is qp, unranked and ranked.

That's what's gonna happen. In the new Arcade section, there will be a mode that's basically just our current QP. "No Limits" is what it's called. Arcade screen

eek5

Played some Comp today! matches were alright except for one match

TM 1: We are defense , we need a Bastion (They knew Genji was on the other team)
TM 2: alright, (switches from Lucio to Bastion)

Bastion repeatedly dies but doesnt switch. Enemy team gets closer to point
TM 1: Switches off Pharah (no counters) to Junkrat (Zarya)

someone switched to Torb but we lost already.

TM 2: I'm surprised that didn't work. We had a Bastion wtf

My face during all of this
What SR are you at? People telling others to switch to bastion? that's a new one

I-hate-u

I bought that one for Lucio. Good to know I'll be able to utilize it more.

Probably will be Liao next. Don't expect Doomfist any time soon. Might as well be considered a red herring.

If Iiao is who I think he is, then I'd rather Doomfist first. We had 2 new normal humanoid characters already. It's time for the Omnic tank with a bionic arm.

xaosslug

does Sombra's translocator remain active when she dies (w/o using it)? Because if that's the case there's another fuck you to Tracer, and Symmetra as well. xD No more switching to Tracer to stall, just use Sombra.

also, I can't see Sombra coming out of PTR w/ an ability to hack ults for any amount of time... that's madness.

So the lore of the upcoming Oasis map:
It is located in the middle of the Arabic desert and was founded by a bunch of scientists in order to create a haven for themselves, as well as show off the power of technology, turning a desert into, well, an oasis.

I'm hoping that we'll get a scientist character from Oasis down the line, I'd love to have a scholarly old man as a character.

No radius or amount limitations. You see every player who is <50% HP no matter where they are on the map.

No limit on amount of HP packs she can have hacked at once.

Jesus.

No limit on hacked health packs, and they stay hacked for a minute. Hack takes a few seconds to channel and has a 12s cooldown, though.

That cooldown is kinda of irrelevant, since you already take a good time before reaching the next health pack.

I'm only noticing this now, but the cooldown for the other two abilities is only 6 seconds long. It's a bit short for such powerful abilities IMO.

Also, if it's true that her weapon range is similar to S76 then holy shit.

I'm loving what I see, but I think that some stuff will definitely need to be tweaked.

Thx for the answers.

Crzy1

Just had a fun match in Numbani. We steamrolled through the other team and won with like 5 minutes to spare, 3 people on the opposing team immediately leave. Never seen that before, no matter how bad a stomp it is. Got 52 SR for it, wasn't even a fair match. /confused

Tovarisc

does Sombra's translocator remain active when she dies (w/o using it)? Because if that's the case there's another fuck you to Tracer, and Symmetra as well. xD No more switching to Tracer to stall, just use Sombra.

also, I can't see Sombra coming out of PTR w/ an ability to hack ults for any amount of time... that's madness.

Afaik transponder despawns, but hacked medkits remain hacked until 1min runs out on hack.

eek5

Just had a fun match in Numbani. We steamrolled through the other team and won with like 5 minutes to spare, 3 people on the opposing team immediately leave. Never seen that before, no matter how bad a stomp it is. Got 52 SR for it, wasn't even a fair match. /confused

are you on a win streak?

Afaik transponder despawns, but hacked medkits remain hacked until 1min runs out on hack.

It should despawn on death. It also despawns after 15s? so you can't just leave one up the whole game or whatever.

eek5

Range is similar, but spread on Sombra's SMG is huge. Optimal range is quite similar to Tracer, tad longer.

The problem is same range but way higher RoF means she can melt big targets even from range. Doesn't really make sense.

She also has a larger mag than S76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom