• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

I need to play with you guys more. I usually just fill whatever role is needed. Lots of people in our group like to play tank so I usually just play DPS or Mei

I appreciate the good Mei plays. I think you're the only one who can play her well in our stack like how I am with Junk. Off-meta Defense hero scumbags. :p

Mario aka badboy was also a good Mei but I haven't seen him on in weeks.

Owzers

You're a Rein main right? Please play Rein instead.
I'm breaking free! I end up as Rein a lot, I joke with Pinku because when I avoid Rein and all the spots fill up he ends up having to play Rein and we are doomed. Pinku's best comp character is Zen by far, so I rarely take a support spot in comp, though Pinku is trying to get better as Zarya.

LiK

I'm breaking free! I end up as Rein a lot, I joke with Pinku because when I avoid Rein and all the spots fill up he ends up having to play Rein and we are doomed. Pinku's best comp character is Zen by far, so I rarely take a support spot in comp, though Pinku is trying to get better as Zarya.

I started playing Rein in QP. Been having a good win ratio with him. I play him sorta aggressive. Still can't use his Ult right tho.

Im best with support and defensive characters but it depends on the maps too.

I'd personally rather play support when I'm in a gaf stack. When I'm solo Qing I usually run S76Dva. Went on a 10 game win streak yesterday just switching between those two and occasionally playing as Zen /Lucio .

My best hero is Mei. sometimes I bring her out when our team is in a bind. I broke her out on koth ilios the other day in our gaf stack and ended up with gold elims and turned the game around. Mei carries are real!

Nice :D

No you're not.

I still don't know what to make of these Lucio changes. His new AOE radius is so small. I played a lot of Lucio in solo queue but I'm afraid he's no longer viable without a coordinated team. I guess Mercy is my new go-to for non-KOTH since Lucio is still a must pick for KOTH.

Cappa

Banned
I think we have a good group. The biggest negative, myself included, is sometimes our positioning is really bad. Like we put ourselves into position to lose. I try to call out things I think when I can like back up push up stand here etc but I think we lose alot of games because of bad positioning

I appreciate the good Mei plays. I think you're the only one who can play her well in our stack like how I am with Junk. Off-meta Defense hero scumbags. :p

Mario aka badboy was also a good Mei but I haven't seen him on in weeks.

Hey! I used to have a good mei :(. She was my best character but I stopped playing her half-way in season 2 and started maining tank and supports in season 2/3.

Proof that my Mei used to be good... this might sound dumb but I don't want to touch her in QP because i don't want my losses to go up :p

X5CsWxx.png

And season 2, I was able to channel her inner demon.

You have it in you to be the ultimate Junk troll.

I think we have a good group. The biggest negative, myself included, is sometimes our positioning is really bad. Like we put ourselves into position to lose. I try to call out things I think when I can like back up push up stand here etc but I think we lose alot of games because of bad positioning

I can see that. I see a few people who shouldn't be getting ahead of the Rein or Tanks... Taking on a little too much risk when the situation calls for being conservative.

Stay close as a group also helps with Rezs.

LiK

I think most of the problems sometimes come from being grouped up too closely. More than once we lost matches cuz enemy team used a Graviton and everyone is sucked in to be fucked up. We've had that happen lately in some matches. Anytime I see enemy Zarya, I'm staying the fuck away now, lol.

Nice to be grouped but we don't need to be rubbing hands.

I started playing Rein in QP. Been having a good win ratio with him. I play him sorta aggressive. Still can't use his Ult right tho.

I use Earthshatter for two scenarios. Initiating pushes and stopping pushes. A good deal of the latter involves putting down ulting Soldiers, Genjis, and Bastions, especially if they're nanoboosted. It also works well if you get Graviton Surge'd and the enemy team is coming from one direction. They usually drop all defenses to get in on the action.

I also like triggering it from behind the payload. There are people who still don't know it goes through it, with enemy Reins dropping their shield and leaving their entire team vulnerable.

I relish it when I'm against a Rein-less team. Unstoppable Earthshatters all game.

Just never use it when you're by yourself or only have a Lucio or Mercy with you, extreme situations aside like having only enemy squishies caught bunched up near you, ready to eat 2-3 uncontested hammer swings.

I think they have changed the algorithm slightly tho. I have lost out to POTG with a four man rez to someone's double kill before.

Thankfully, I remember that time when the Mercy would always get the POTG, sometimes even with a single rez and assist.

But nothing beats the D.Va's POTG when they reduced the time of her ult by 1s. That was funny to see.

LiK

I use Earthshatter for two scenarios. Initiating pushes and stopping pushes. A good deal of the latter involves putting down ulting Soldiers, Genjis, and Bastions, especially if they're nanoboosted. It also works well if you get Graviton Surge'd and the enemy team is coming from one direction. They usually drop all defenses to get in on the action.

I also like triggering it from behind the payload. There are people who still don't know it goes through it, with enemy Reins dropping their shield and leaving their entire team vulnerable.

I relish it when I'm against a Rein-less team. Unstoppable Earthshatters all game.

Just never use it when you're by yourself or only have a Lucio or Mercy with you, extreme situations aside like having only enemy squishies caught bunched up near you, ready to eat 2-3 uncontested hammer swings.

good tips.

I think most of the problems sometimes come from being grouped up too closely. More than once we lost matches cuz enemy team used a Graviton and everyone is sucked in to be fucked up. We've had that happen lately in some matches. Anytime I see enemy Zarya, I'm staying the fuck away now, lol

Nice to be grouped but we don't need to be rubbing hands.

Yeah I think it's a thin line. You need to be on the otherside of the Tanks unless you're a flanker but you also don't want to be stacked. I always try to get in, heal, and then concentrate buffing DPS with an unstacked safe distance.

I try not to worry about the Tanks as much anymore... I try to keep them half way and above but DPS take priority as they will be the ones to drop someone if we're getting pushed.

NeoCross

Went from 2134 all the way down to 1100, lost like 10+ in a row. Slowly climbing back up though, mainly using Zarya/Ana. I have to step up my DPS game...everytime I'm required to be DPS I only disappoint :(

ohkay

On top of this, if in the middle of a team fight I know I can hit both healers or both tanks, I will earthshatter because that would cripple their team. Also, make sure your dps is with you before you shatter so you have some follow up on it.

If you shatter and don't get the opposing rein, make sure you're aware of his ult. Most will try to counter-shatter since Reins will generally drop shield and go ham after they shatter, so make sure it's ok to drop shield before you start swinging.

Like said above, solo shattering is worth it if you're countering an ult that has team wipe potential, like blade or tac visor (especially when either are nano boosted)

Gorillaz

Had a week away from OW and home due to spring break/vacation and coming back was rough in terms of actually "caring" about comp. Like I played I think 3 matches last night and just shrugged at it. This game has me do this weird binge of playing it non stop and then just out of nowhere saying "nahh im good for a little bit"

antitrop

Hey! I used to have a good mei :(. She was my best character but I stopped playing her half-way in season 2 and started maining tank and supports in season 2/3.

Proof that my Mei used to be good... this might sound dumb but I don't want to touch her in QP because i don't want my losses to go up :p

X5CsWxx.png

And season 2, I was able to channel her inner demon.

That 69% win rate, dayum

I've fucked around a bit with Mei myself

G04MknO.png

Went from 2134 all the way down to 1100, lost like 10+ in a row. Slowly climbing back up though, mainly using Zarya/Ana. I have to step up my DPS game...everytime I'm required to be DPS I only disappoint :(

Play Pharah and just get picks on their Ana/Mercy. If you do that consistently, no way you are gonna drop from 2100 to 1100.

ohkay

I wish we knew how much of an effect individual performance has on SR. I've played every game this season with my friend and he's getting frustrated because I seem to be gaining more than him for a win and losing less for a loss (I also started around 100SR higher than him)

Nice play, but be real with us. We won't judge.

That was a total BM, wasn't it?
:x
I just wanted it to show up in the potm

And thats why you don't rez when enemy team hasn't used any big ults.
I was actually wondering if the mercy would be ballsy enough to rez in such a small room.

Edit:

Top 100 zaryas on overbuff now
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Newtype-21541/heroes/zarya?mode=competitive

I just scraped in by being #100 shhhhhh

KiraFA37

I wish we knew how much of an effect individual performance has on SR. I've played every game this season with my friend and he's getting frustrated because I seem to be gaining more than him for a win and losing less for a loss (I also started around 100SR higher than him)

I'd say between 3 to 5 SR solely based on my experience.

Jellie

:x
I just wanted it to show up in the potm

I was actually wondering if the mercy would be ballsy enough to rez in such a small room.

Edit:

Top 100 zaryas on overbuff now
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Newtype-21541/heroes/zarya?mode=competitive

I just scraped in by being #100 shhhhhh
Anytime mercy or zen ults and you have grav, you know it's gonna be good. Everyone will be grouped up because of it so as long as you have decent follow up easy 6k.
Guessing it's cos they don't keep track of ults when that happens though.

Top Bottom