• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Geneijin

wait, what's happening to Lulu?
HERO UPDATES

Lúcio

Sonic Amplifier
Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back
Crossfade
Song's area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
A temporary in-game visual has been added to illustrate this radius (it is only visible to Lúcio and his teammates)
Heal Song
Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability)
Sound Barrier
Radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters
Wall Ride
Movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding
Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall
Developer Comments: Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output and the versatility of providing a speed bonus to your entire team. The goal of these changes is to keep those elements feeling strong, but making them harder to apply to everyone on your team at all times. The end result is that he should feel stronger with teams that he can stay close to but not as strong when on teams with heroes that are often spread out (such as Pharah, Widow, Genji, etc). Much of Lucio’s character power was tied up in his large passive auras, which caused other elements of his kit to be weakened over time in an attempt to balance him. Now that his auras are more focused it will allow them to be much stronger and allow Lucio to be more active in his role.

- https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660

Potentially.

Nimby

Banned
One of the biggest changes you could do to lower Lucio pick rate is lowering his speed buff again, but increasing movement per character, or increasing his default speed buff and lowering Amp it Up.

Orisa I feel, makes Ana so much stronger too. Rein+Another Tank+Orisa+Ana is going to be good, I get so much more healing done with that extra barrier. I'm not sure how dive is going to preform now, in theory it should be stronger with Winston's buffs, but Orisa might make triple tank much stronger too.

When you play Comp solo q and get a team all on mics and adapt together to take the W. Ended last night with two back to back wins thanks to teammates communicating with each other and making changes to win the game. I'm coming back to you, Diamond. Slowly but surely I will be back.

Wasn't able to play earlier thanks to Xbox Live being down. Hopefully I can get some more wins tonight.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I do this on purpose a lot. It's a very good strategy as Pharah since a lot of characters will have a real hard time hitting you in those positions and if you're not alone then your team can provide you coverage. You can also do this to bait people into standing next to ledges so that you can boop them off. You just need to be careful with your timing and, of course, make sure that you don't actually die yourself.

I'm convinced that good Pharah play comes down mostly to having good exit plans; this is an example of why.

She's gotten a lot easier, I still remember season 1 Pharah jockeys pulling this stuff and with her flight then, that was really impressive.

I often tend to accidentally find the death threshold below the floor when I try it, but I been getting better.

AngryMoth

Another patch without them fixing the leaving problem in comp. Boggles my mind how they can let such a horrendously frustrating thing go on for so long without a fix for SR loss at least

One of the biggest changes you could do to lower Lucio pick rate is lowering his speed buff again, but increasing movement per character, or increasing his default speed buff and lowering Amp it Up.

Orisa I feel, makes Ana so much stronger too. Rein+Another Tank+Orisa+Ana is going to be good, I get so much more healing done with that extra barrier. I'm not sure how dive is going to preform now, in theory it should be stronger with Winston's buffs, but Orisa might make triple tank much stronger too.

I think Sombra would hard counter this, EMP will disable Rein barrier and destroy's Orisa's barrier upon use (also will disable Orisa's ult for a few seconds).. If Ana is in the vicinity of EMP she won't be able to heal both to full health without her grenade. In theory, Sombra EMP + Zarya Grav = teamwipe.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Playing as Orisa against a full stack. Widows, Junks and Zens melt her quick. Oof.

I feel she is a little too slow
Just feels sluggish controlling her

Also she clips a lot of the environment, I got stuck places I shouldnt

xaosslug

Potentially.

oh.

kKXmAdl.gif

LiK

I was wondering why people left. I was still on but I logged off. Forgot there's maintenance tonight.

Wanted to play Comp but too risky. My Junk is now even more terrifying.

LiK

Gonna need to adjust Orisa sensitivity. She is even more sluggish on console than PC. I dunno what they did to her here.

But hey, 3 gold medal card in one game. Getting better with her in a QP setting.

I was wondering why people left. I was still on but I logged off. Forgot there's maintenance tonight.

Yeah not a good idea until the maintenance is done.

And it's pretty embarassing that in the notice they only put the time in PDT. Fix this shit Blizz, I want to know the hours in my time zone without having to use some website to convert them.

Vitanimus

Right now it's all Orisa/Zen/Junkrat/Winston, because people want to test the changes.

Most of my games tonight have been Orisa + 5 DPS. Of course, the only game I managed to snag Orisa for a bit is Anubis attack... with Widow, Hanzo, Genji and Tracer. Feels amazing!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Can't wait to try the new Junk. But I, also, will.

Top Bottom