• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Blues1990

tumblr_oqu479yFdI1s5rolto1_1280.png

tumblr_oqu479yFdI1s5rolto2_1280.png

tumblr_oqu479yFdI1s5rolto3_1280.png

tumblr_oqu479yFdI1s5rolto4_1280.png

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty irritable that Zarya has been getting shortchanged in the Legendary Skins department, and it's part of the reason why I'm still switching between her Violet and Weightlifter skins. They can easily give her a Jenette Vasquez-influenced skin for her, or maybe bring over her HOTS skins.

I'd give some serious money to have Thunderguard Zarya in OW. At least she'd have a cute skin.

Good game Lik :p that last one though, I hate Sombra.

Edit. Two boxes...

Duplicates!

Edit 2.
Yeeeah... and I'm a terrible Tracer. I just couldn't roll with Winston again. The way I have his abilities set up cramps my hand after a while.

HMD

I started to soloq again just to play Mercy.

She's a boring character that requires zero skill, and I say this as a former Mercy main. I'm GM with Mercy, and my non-support smurf account is barely diamond. Really shows how easy she is.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I don't really pay attention to what's happening to the team at all usually, and I find it really difficult to keep track of the kill feed to see who's dying and what it is that's killing everyone. I just have the typical FPS instincts of where your team generally is and heals are. Honestly, I mostly forget what our team comp is by the time we leave spawn.

That's probably something I need to practice.

Dva's shield is a little hard to judge when to use in the chaos of SR 1600 range, and I'm not good enough yet to play field commander and boss everyone around to get behind it. I usually just play for the flank up close where dva can start doing real damage. There doesn't seem to be enough organization at that level to fill roles and synergy at this rank, but I can see there being an importance to countering the other team.

LiK

I dunno, infinite blink is nothing to sneeze at. And she gets pulses like every 30 seconds

She does very little damage and her pulse bomb hardly kills anything on its own. She's only good at stalling but other than that, pretty useless. Just have a good Winston and she's constantly blinking away and recalling. Anytime we have a Tracer, it's a struggle.

Nimby

Banned
She's a boring character that requires zero skill, and I say this as a former Mercy main. I'm GM with Mercy, and my non-support smurf account is barely diamond. Really shows how easy she is.

Mercy mechanically is very easy to pick up, so is like Zen and Lucio. But given the issue with boosted Mercy mains, she does require a decent amount of skill to be effective at higher ranks. Staying alive as a support against decent DPS is not easy, and your ultimate can make or break the fight.

I have over 300 hours with Mercy and don't get close to Diamond because I can only be as good as my team in solo queue. Really shows that you're just better than most. She's easy to use but that doesn't mean a baby can use her.

Prelude.

Just had a game on Route 66 where we couldn't even push the payload past the first point, with Zen solo healing on the other team. Good stuff. These last 3 placements are taking a week to complete.

LAM09

I have over 300 hours with Mercy and don't get close to Diamond because I can only be as good as my team in solo queue. Really shows that you're just better than most. She's easy to use but that doesn't mean a baby can use her.

You're only as strong as your weakest link. Ain't gonna get anyone as support, if your DPS can't kill anything.

hypernima

Banned
Comp is just fucking terrible now, Blizzard absolutely needs to move quick on this shit. Yesterday I climbed 300 points and I'd wager 80% of the games had a quitter or someone throwing. Today, the reverse is happening. Nothing but fucking idiots running attack Sym, or tilting after one round of KOTH and picking something stupid.

i'm hurt

A Reaper clowned us on Ilios, dropped down the hole in the one building and got a solo team kill (5 100's and a 77). We won the match, but goddamn, that's embarrasing.

Yeah the voice lines are pretty good.

"Hey there daddy-o!" instantly won me over the first time I used that skin.

The pistol having dice hanging from it was just a bonus

Were people ever delicate about quitting qp? Or is that just a comp thing? (understandable) It amazes me that blizzard punishes qp quitters.

I think their system is pretty good right now. You won't be penalized for leaving 2-3 games in a row, but keep doing it and you will receive a message warning you that if you continue to do it you will receive an exp penalty.

When we play as a gaf stack we always leave the game if someone joins at the beginning.

Blues1990

Here is a screencap of the stuff that I got through this event:

For this event, it was downright horrible with obtaining any of the Legendary skins (Mei's Legendary, along with her Dance Emote and spray, were included in one of the free loot boxes I got). I saved enough coins to unlock the stuff that I wanted, and to be perfectly honest, I don't care if I won't obtain Bastion's, D.Va's, Soldier's, or Symmetra's Legendary skins. Genji's Kamen Rider-inspired skin looks equal parts hilarious and bad ass, so that one is a maybe. I only got Zarya's, due to playing her a lot (along with Lucio and Mei), and I wanted it to be complete.

I'm more shocked that I got almost all of the dancing emotes, save for Ana's, through the loot boxes in a grind session.

Nice, double XP runs until 3am EST Tuesday, so after Sony's press conference I can grind my last few event lootboxes while getting that XP.

Nothing I really want to buy though aside from Tracer's Graffiti skin (and all of the sprays), would be the first time I didn't get a Tracer skin through random lootboxes

Salex_

I swear there's so many dumbasses in solo que that refuses to build a basic comp. It's to the point where I have to threaten to not be a healer (as the only healer) to convince SOMEONE to heal with me...and that rarely works. My typically match these days are 3-4 DPS, 1-2 tanks, and 0-1 healer.

Blizzard needs to do something about this shit. Just look at DPS, tank, and healer options. Why are there so many DPS heroes when people are going to pick them no matter what? Why the hell are there only FOUR healers?!?!!?

The next few heroes HAS to be healers and tanks.
What is your rank

Gold

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I swear there's so many dumbasses in solo que that refuses to build a basic comp. It's to the point where I have to threaten to not be a healer (as the only healer) to convince SOMEONE to heal with me...and that rarely works. My typically match these days are 3-4 DPS, 1-2 tanks, and 0-1 healer.

Blizzard needs to do something about this shit. Just look at DPS, tank, and healer options. Why are there so many DPS heroes when people are going to pick them no matter what? Why the hell are there only FOUR healers?!?!!?

Wouldn't be surprised if the next hero is a defense one considering we got offense, tank & healer already.

LiK

What is your rank

LAM09

The people you have to put up with on the game at times is sad. Defending on Hollywood for 4 minutes and there was a racism throughout it.

Is this report feature coming to consoles, Jeff?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Gold

That sounds way too rigid according to every GM i've seen talk about it. 2-2-2 is a meta pick for the pros who are countering a counter to a counter, and if an unusual configuration comes up, they'll easily adjust to the 3-1-2 or whatever type of configuration needed. Even people in diamond don't seem to know how to adjust on the fly to that level of precision.

If you only have lucio on support for a Dva, Winston, Reinhart, of course you need more healing, but you can easily have a team that is self sustain enough to only need a mercy or ana and it being a very good team comp.

Gold
lol you know no one going to pick support if it involves less action.

right as the doors on hollywood opened i right clicked the shit out of their genji in the head. LOL so satisfying.

Top Bottom