• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM March 2008 - 50 Hot Games for 2008

ram

the disgruntled gamer said:
Not sure if this has been revealed yet, but there's a Rock Band DLC schedule for March:
3/4: Blinded By Fear - At the Gates
Thrasher - Evile
Shadow World - Haunted

wow - AT THE GATES and evile/haunted - first rockband DLC worth bying - bring on more metal!

itsgreen

Ok topic starter, post the list.

Pretty lame calling your topic 50 hot games for 08, and not include the 50 games.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Dammit TDG, what are the 50 games? GAF said MS had no games this year, where did those 50 came from?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Space Giraffe worst game my arse.

Acquired taste? Sure. Worst game? Not even close. I'm still playing it, and still loving every second of it.

ram said:
wow - AT THE GATES and evile/haunted - first rockband DLC worth bying - bring on more metal!

Wrong thread, but so basically you like one and only genre of music??? There is a huge variety of DLC highlighted (for me) by Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Sabbath, and Queens of the Stone Age. On top of that, you've got Metallica, David Bowie, CCR, Rush, and even the damn Monkees. I don't understand statements like this...

Heres the 50 Hot Games for 08 they have listed(alphabetical order):
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Blood Bowl
Borderlands
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dark Void
Dead Space
Don King's Prizefighters
Duke Nukem Forever
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Fracture
Grid
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo Wars
Highlander
Indiana Jones
Infinite Undiscovery
Left 4 Dead
Legendary: The Box
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Lost
Mafia II
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
MLB 2k8
Ninja Gaiden II
Project Origin
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Saboteur
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill V
Soul Calibur IV
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Tiberium
TNA Impact
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Tom Clancy's Firehawk
Too Human
Top Spin 3
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Unreal Tournament 3
Viking: Battle for Asgard

DMczaf

MLB 2k8 is the only hot team sports game for 360 this year? :lol :lol :lol

Its not even 2K's best baseball game. (Hell, its not even 2K's SECOND best baseball game!!)

DMczaf said:
MLB 2k8 is the only hot team sports game for 360 this year? :lol :lol :lol

Its not even 2K's best baseball game. (Hell, its not even 2K's SECOND best baseball game!!)

We both know that no one at any of these mags cares about sports games. Intihar is all we've got.

Das-J said:
This but no SOCOM?

You win!!!

X26

Banned
No NHL09, despite NHL08 being one of the best sports games in years, and Turning Point included, which going by the demo is one of the worst games ever made

...well, that list is meaningful

alistairw

Let's lynch 'em, Mar.

but not too hard, cause they still publish my crap every now and then

Mar_ said:
Yes.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

These guys are morons and fishing desperately for a controversy.

I didn't like it either. But like them, I didn't "get" it.

Still, it's better than Yaris, at least.

Mar

alistairw said:
Let's lynch 'em, Mar.

but not too hard, cause they still publish my crap every now and then

I demand you get something published with some secret message embedded that tells them all to eat a bag of giraffe dicks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm probably the only person here who is sad that Jade Empire 2 isn't in the works.
JE2 with a GoW type combat engine and the ME dialog engine would be sweet.

alistairw

Mar_ said:
I demand you get something published with some secret message embedded that tells them all to eat a bag of giraffe dicks.

I'll just pitch something like "Best Xbox 360 Games You Haven't Played", and then write 4,000 words on Space Giraffe. I'm very professional like that.

TDG

Banned
Sorry I didn't have time to post the list. I'm really busy. Besides, just seeing the list is sort of meaningless.
If you want to know more about any of the previews, I'll post details.

TheGreatDave said:
The idea that Undertow isn't complete shit, let alone is better than Space Giraffe, fills me with deep sadness.

That sadness you're feeling is also known as reality.

Space Giraffe is a pile of crap. Someone get Minter a copy of Rez HD, STAT. That's how a trippy game is done, you old hippie burnout. Wipe away those tears and pay attention.

Mar

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
That sadness you're feeling is also known as reality.

Space Giraffe is a pile of crap. Someone get Minter a copy of Rez HD, STAT. That's how a trippy game is done, you old hippie burnout. Wipe away those tears and pay attention.

While Rez HD is a great game and I enjoy it. It's the Smash Bros of trippy shooters to Space Giraffes Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Rez you sit there and mash a button. Space Giraffe you have to change the way you think about games and learn, and to change your strategy every 10 levels.

If you like Space Giraffe or not, saying it's the worst game of the year is a stretch for even the most hardcore of haters. I mean come on, look at some of the crap we got last year.

TDG

Banned
itsgreen said:
Ok topic starter, post the list.

Pretty lame calling your topic 50 hot games for 08, and not include the 50 games.
Hey now. I named the thread after the cover story. The OP has tons of stuff. I had always intended to post the list, as insignifigant as it is, after I got back from my eye exam, but my computer isn't working, so I'm posting from my PSP.

As I mentioned, I'm happy to share details from any of the previews.

alistairw

Mar_ said:
If you like Space Giraffe or not, saying it's the worst game of the year is a stretch for even the most hardcore of haters. I mean come on, look at some of the crap we got last year.

I was going to link to the Metacritic page for Hot Wheels: Beat That!, which I honestly consider to be the worst game released for the 360 last year, if not ever. But then I saw that OXM gave it a 6.5.

So...yeah. Diff'rent strokes to rule the world, and all that, I guess.

Jtrizzy

vending.png

SABOTEUR!

TDG

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
vending.png

SABOTEUR!
I'm really looking forward to this game so I was hoping for some new info, but there's only a paragraph describing the game's premise, sadly.

Zophar

Tickets said:
I remember this title created a multi-thousand page thread when it lost exclusivity...

eh...for what?
It would seem that the MS userbase and OXM had no interest in DMC.

Everdred

firehawk12 said:
I'm probably the only person here who is sad that Jade Empire 2 isn't in the works.
JE2 with a GoW type combat engine and the ME dialog engine would be sweet.
I'm sad that they aren't making it yet, but I completely disagree with GoW Combat engine and ME dialog.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Space Giraffe is one of the best games on the arcade platform... along with Rez, Lumines, and GeoWars. Calling it the worst is absurd. They're professionals right? They couldn't figure the game out or what? Mother flippin. Bullshit. Assholes.

C4Lukins

No Banjo, Alan Wake, Mercenaries 2, Army of 2, nor many sports games or Gears 2, but Duke Nukem Forever somehow gets on there!

Top Bottom