• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oxymoron - ScHoolboy Q |OT| "Tell Kendrick move from the throne, I came for it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

____

Hyped to the MAX but I'll be damned if I'm not pissed Ab-Soul isn't on there.

He was also missed on GKMC.

What in living fuck is up with that?

Hyped to the MAX but I'll be damned if I'm not pissed Ab-Soul isn't on there.

He was also missed on GKMC.

What in living fuck is up with that?

Soulo's been fucking up too much lately.

I don't think dude had a good verse in all of 2013.

It's too early to say he fell off, but he hasn't been rapping at the same level since Control System dropped.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope I like the full album more than the tracks released so far. I've found them to be pretty forgettable outside of Collard Greens. I miss laid back, groovy Q.

I'm only talking about like, 3 songs on the album though so it could go either way.

overcast

Man of the Year and Collard Greens are great "party" tracks. Definitely fit what I expect. Break the Bank is the best one I think, like Setbacks Q, improved.

Gangsta snippet is dope too. Main track that's a problem with me is Hell of a Night. Though it was incomplete, the version that came out in summer was pretty lame. Disappointed it made the cut.

burgervan

Feb 25 is going to be nuts. This, St Vincent, and Beck all on the same day. Oxymoron's the one I'm waaay hyped for though. I've loved every song released so far. Even the ones that didn't end up making the album.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Q!!!!!
Q!!!!!

*dum dum dum dum*

isTRVj4GQWuzy.gif

x1253-smirnoff_premium_vodka.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P9Zh1UDl8R.jpg

^still one of my fav lines lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man of the Year is disgusting, listen to it a few times a day at least. Pumped for this.

overcast

Going to post some great Q features:

ASAP Rocky - Brand New Guy (Arguably the one that everyone loves most. Q demolishes this shit).
ASAP Rocky - PMW
Childish Gambino - Unnecessary (Honestly, Ab Soul is the best on this, but Q does his thing too).
Skeme - Kidz With Gunz (Yelling out groove)
Alchemist - Flight Confirmation (Danny Brown fucking steals this track, but Q is good too).

Maybe some Black Hippy posse cuts just cause:
Jay Rock - Say Wassup
Ab Soul - Black Lip Bastard Remix (Jay Rock won)
Uoeno TDE Remix (Everybody except Soul won)

Enjoy. Add to it if I missed anything.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Going to post some great Q features:

ASAP Rocky - Brand New Guy (Arguably the one that everyone loves most. Q demolishes this shit).
ASAP Rocky - PMW
Childish Gambino - Unnecessary (Honestly, Ab Soul is the best on this, but Q does his thing too).
Skeme - Kidz With Gunz (Yelling out groove)
Alchemist - Flight Confirmation (Danny Brown fucking steals this track, but Q is good too).

Maybe some Black Hippy posse cuts just cause:
Jay Rock - Say Wassup
Ab Soul - Black Lip Bastard Remix (Jay Rock won)
Uoeno TDE Remix (Everybody except Soul won)

Enjoy. Add to it if I missed anything.

you forgot WORK remix

Tetraeon

The features on this are amazing. Jay Rock is seriously the most gangster rapper out there right now. Throw Raekwon and Kurupt in there and you've got one solid album. TDE just keeps on killing it.

overcast

you forgot WORK remix
I never liked his Work Remix verse for whatever reason.
I really like his spots on Ab Soul's Gone Insane and Hell Yeah.
Yup, good contribution. Honestly, somehow I forgot Spiteful Chant. Think I just figured everybody has heard this song. So good. Kendrick and Q is usually a great combo.
The features on this are amazing. Jay Rock is seriously the most gangster rapper out there right now. Throw Raekwon and Kurupt in there and you've got one solid album. TDE just keeps on killing it.
Tyler the Creator though :[

Tokubetsu

The netflix line in Brand New Guy kills me everytime. Is such a g line man. Fucking some dudes girl and then watching his netflix, probably fucking up his suggested list. He's probably a big natgeo documentary fan and all of a sudden he's got nothing but Mekhi Phifer movies on his reccomended list.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's usually dope on features and I feel like he's made a big improvement rapping wise I really wasn't fucking with him until I heard Wolf last year and thought it was surprisingly good.

Agreed on Tyler, especially on the features part. Tyler has his own style on his own albums and Odd Future stuff, and you either love it or hate it, but when he does features he can switch it up to whatever style of the particular rapper he's featuring for.

Since he's featured on the track with OG West Coast MC Kurupt, I don't think he's going to come with his weird Odd Future ish. It would be too out of place and Tyler doesn't strike me as a dumb guy, nor would Q allow that IMO.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

I mean, it's between him and Push, right?

But on that note, Ny Name Is My Name is now retroactively my AOTY 2013. I got bored with it super quick last year, but I keep going back to it. The only other album in the mix is Old, so 1A and A1. Nothing else from last year is even on my iTunes any longer.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Ready for the album, but where the fuck is Ab-Soul? Haven't heard from him since Top Dog shelved his Ab-Soul X JMSN project that was supposedly finished and the christopher droner track. Would've thought he'd been a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom