• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Isn't this mass-communication and internet group solving mechanism achieved by PT exactly what Peter Molyneux was trying to do with some of his recent projects? lol

SkylineRKR

Its probably a bit like Reptile in MK1. Circumstances need to be right. Like color of room, clock being off, ghost possessing you after you've seen her outside of the window... such stuff.

Cudder

Confirmed by Kojima that it is a PUZZLE. It is not random.

Then every action taken from the beginning of the game must be taken into account, not just doing stuff in the right order in the last area. Wouldn't be surprised if this thing was unbeatable if you didn't take the right steps from the beginning, given the "chosen one" message.

SkylineRKR

Then every action taken from the beginning of the game must be taken into account, not just doing stuff in the right order in the last area. Wouldn't be surprised if this thing was unbeatable if you didn't take the right steps from the beginning, given the "chosen one" message.

This is what I start to think as well.

Then every action taken from the beginning of the game must be taken into account, not just doing stuff in the right order in the last area. Wouldn't be surprised if this thing was unbeatable if you didn't take the right steps from the beginning.

The game auto saves and doesnt let you start at the beginning. No way that is the case. It always starts at the start of the infinite loop before you collect the picture pieces. It needs to be solved from that part on.

ElRenoRaven

Kojima also said that the final puzzle is completely ridiculous, and it's intentionally difficult. He initially expected it to take a week to be solved.

Screw that crap. To me making something that ridiculous to solve is not a good way to sell your game. I liked the teaser until that point but now it's honestly put me off to the game at least until after folks play it and confirm that there aren't any bullshit puzzles like that in it.

SkylineRKR

The game auto saves and doesnt let you start at the beginning. No way that is the case. It always starts at the start of the infinite loop before you collect the picture pieces. It needs to be solved from that part on.

We can rule out the picture puzzle then. I've seen people not doing it.

The quality was intentionally dropped from this playable teaser to make it look like another developer.

Wow, and I thought it looked really good.

Eterniti

Kojima: "We purposely had to drop the quality of the game so it looks like an independent game."

News flash, Kojima. The game looks fantasatic.

Cudder

Screw that crap. To me making something that ridiculous to solve is not a good way to sell your game. I liked the teaser until that point but now it's honestly put me off to the game at least until after folks play it and confirm that there aren't any bullshit puzzles like that in it.

There was no game to sell until someone actually beat it. This teaser has nothing to do with the full game. Again, it was meant to be super obtuse so that it'd actually take a while for someone to crack it.

They don't care if it's too scary that people stop playing, they're making it as scary as possible. That's awesome, but also terrifying.

ScribbleD

Confirmed by Kojima that it is a PUZZLE. It is not random.

It's a puzzle with dozens and dozens of solutions? It sounds more like Kojima being Kojima, or "solve" is the best approximation the translator can come up with. I'm really struggling to believe that people have "solved" it so many different ways, none of which can be replicated by others. This isn't like a traditional SH puzzle where the solution may be random, but the method for arriving at the solution is consistent. Everything about this is inconsistent.

XaosWolf

6 times she appears, and the last baby cry seems to be after the last visit.

Stared at picture, radio, phrase, clock, mirror. Did not stare at the last phrase though

I'm starting to think you just sit there and get through a certain number of appearances without looping or getting caught. First baby cry triggered at about the third appearance while looking at phone

Edit: HAHA you said the same at the end.

It didn't seem to work though. D=\

Kept getting one giggle and then nothing much else.
The second giggle is the worst.

It's a puzzle with dozens and dozens of solutions? It sounds more like Kojima being Kojima, or "solve" is the best approximation the translator can come up with. I'm really struggling to believe that people have "solved" it so many different ways, none of which can be replicated by others. This isn't like a traditional SH puzzle where the solution may be random, but the method for arriving at the solution is consistent. Everything about this is inconsistent.

True, what I meant was that people were not chosen or some crazy bullshit like that. Everyone can beat the game equally.

SkylineRKR

Yeah it doesnt matter. For sure its something with baby giggles and the phone.

One thing I did find out, was that when I entered the room with the clock being out and sat out the ghost appearance, the giggle would always appear at the Phone. But just never a second one.

Get_crazy

Banned
"We wanted to make a game that makes you pee your pants but we changed and wanted to make a game that makes you shit your pants" - Kojima

Cudder

True, what I meant was that people were not chosen or some crazy bullshit like that. Everyone can beat the game equally.

I kinda believe getting the solution has nothing to do with the objects in the world. The solution could be as obtuse and weird as "player must take 10 steps before reaching the radio area, then take 2 steps backwards, then take 15 steps to get to the phone area." There's some weird algorithm like that at work behind the scenes. If it had anything to specifically do with the objects in the hallway we'd have a way to replicate the end game without fail. We have multiple videos of people beating it and we still can't get a fire proof solution.

SkylineRKR

I kinda believe getting the solution has nothing to do with the objects in the world. The solution could be as obtuse and weird as "player must take 10 steps before reaching the radio area, then take 2 steps backwards, then take 15 steps to get to the phone area." There's some weird algorithm like that at work behind the scenes. If it had anything to specifically do with the objects in the hallway we'd have a way to replicate the end game without fail. We have multiple videos of people beating it and we still can't get a fire proof solution.

Maybe the numbers are about the steps. You do hear her footsteps when possessed.

This is a stretch, but there has to be something.

Quirah

Is there any link for trailer that shown at Kojima's conference? It was extended version I guess and pretty impressive.

vypek

We gotta figure out this last puzzle!

I think we can do this. So what do we know so far about the last puzzle? (Correct if I am wrong)

-There is something with the radio
-2 baby giggles come before a phone ring
-There is something with the mirror
-Ghost can possess or kill you
-There is a way to consistently see the ghost
-Clock can actually hit midnight
-You can change the color of flashlight

Am I missing something or get anything wrong?

I think we can do this. So what do we know so far about the last puzzle? (Correct if I am wrong)

-There is something with the radio
-2 baby giggles come before a phone ring
-There is something with the mirror
-Ghost can possess or kill you
-There is a way to consistently see the ghost
-Clock can actually hit midnight
-You can change the color of flashlight

Am I missing something or get anything wrong?
I did nothing with radio or mirror and didn't see the ghost when I beat it *shrugs*

Wanchan

Did anyone catch the meaning of "7780s Studio"? I didn't understand what he said.

7780 is the area size of Shizuoka Prefecture in Japan (7780 Km²), it was a silent hill hint for japanese audience cause "Silent Hill" was often called "Shizuoka" in Japan cause Shizu = Silent, Oka = Hill.

Nuborn

Nobody translated the text that pops up when you find each piece of the picture, that would have probably given us clues.

Sucks that somebody basically stumbled into solving it without realising, could have been cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom