• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T might be gone from the PS Store after April 29th

Everything is safe once it is in your download list. I still have a demo of Full Auto from 2006 on my list and it is still downloadable lol.

My P.T. copy was downloaded yesterday and under information you can read "valid until 8.9.2015

What does that mean?
Mine does not say that. (North America) The only date is the most recent date I downloaded it to my HDD. In February.

exNI4ZC.jpg

KaoteK

For what it's worth I've just tried both UK and US psn stores and it's gone, I just got my ps4 too...

#fuckkonami

Reaperssj

He wants to know if you can backup PS4 games or demos to a PC hard drive like you can with Sony's portable systems. No you cannot.
Damn that sucks i would have liked to keep it stored on my pc :/ anywho i wonder if someone is already working on a hack or something to get it working on pc to preserve it somehow also screw you konami i was looking forward to this game

Are you German and that is when your PS+ subscription ends?

tumblr_nnltrmbd8s1uq52j7o1_540.jpg

Mine looks like that. It is quite possible that my subcription ends that day. Out of curiosity....why is the PT Demo bound to my subscription? I thought it can be played by any account and is not bound to a specific account or sub.

edit: yes im german

NeoRausch

tumblr_nnltrmbd8s1uq52j7o1_540.jpg

Mine looks like that. It is quite possible that my subcription ends that day. Out of curiosity....why is the PT Demo bound to my subscription? I thought it can be played by any account and is not bound to a specific account or sub.

edit: yes im german
In Germany you can't have 18+ content as free download, therefore this kind of stuff is bound to our PS+ subscription.

I'm telling yall someone create a GAF account and download it, so we have it forever for others who showed up late to the PS4 party.

we used to do it during PS3 gen... why not now?

edit- actually do we still have those old PS3 accounts? that we used for beta access sharing?

Done.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did anyone ever actually find a 100% rock solid way of triggering the ending? I was stuck at that point for hours back when this was new, trying every single so-called "solution" known to man, and nothing worked. Then all of a sudden I did get the final giggle and phone call, but to this day I don't really know what I did to trigger it.

I thought the latest news on Silent Hill was that although this particular Kojima/Norman Reedus idea was no longer in the works (due to Konami being incompetent assholes) that, in fact, Del Torro was still "in talks" with Konami about future projects? Has this changed or been proven untrue?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Did anyone ever actually find a 100% rock solid way of triggering the ending? I was stuck at that point for hours back when this was new, trying every single so-called "solution" known to man, and nothing worked. Then all of a sudden I did get the final giggle and phone call, but to this day I don't really know what I did to trigger it.
First giggle is easy
(walk ten continuous steps down the corridor), and for the second one you have to wait for the clock to chime, and then speak the name "Jarith" or "Jared" into the PS4 microphone (either a headset or a camera). I did it with PS4 camera and worked every time I tried it. Then after you hear the 2nd one, you just don't move and wait a few seconds, and the third one comes.
. You can finish this ending scene in about 2 minutes after you know what to do.

Here's how I did it.

Stand at the clock until it strikes midnight. When it does, walk forward ten steps until you're basically standing right in front of the bathroom doorway. These have to be ten continuous steps. Don't do one step at a time. (Instead of counting steps, I just stop right in the middle of the doorway.)

Then, there are certain places you have to stand still for a period of time, but its random. What I did was stand at the radio, not zooming in, just standing still. (Another good place is in the bathroom staring at the mirror or sink.) If nothing happened, I would cycle through again (by going thru the "basement" door that completes the loop) and try the "ten steps at midnight" thing again. Then again - standing just looking at the radio or mirror/sink. (Its theorized this spot is determined be wherever Lisa was standing in the most recent haunting.)

If you don't get that second giggle, try looping through the cycle again. If you DO hear the second giggle, go and stare at the telephone. Again, not zooming in to look, just have your controller pointing at it and don't move. Even after the third giggle, continue to stand there. You'll then feel a vibration followed by the ringing of the phone. Hit R3.

Then loop to complete the demo.

If all else fails and you just can't get that second giggle, plug in a mic and keep saying "Jareth" over and over again. The do the "stare at the phone" thing.

KyleCross

Cos I'm a fucking idiot... Oh well thems the breaks I guess...

Edit

Thanks, will try after work.

Edit 2: "unable to find page"

Site not found.

giphy.gif

Still up for me. I even went to it on my phone not logged in instead of my computer in case it was some cookie/account thing. I'm not sure why it isn't working for some people. Try going to the web store and searching for it yourself. Just type in P. in the search box (If I try completely typing P.T. it doesn't show up in search for me).

Vaga

Can confirm it's gone from the UK store, most likely from other EU stores as well. It's still in my donwload list though and can still get it.

Afrikan

perfect... you will be remembered as a hero.

maybe let the storm blow over.. and when you or GAF are ready we start sharing it, one by one...user by user.... so we'll know who it was if someone f's up or changes the password on purpose.

as the years pass by, new PS4 owners will be able to experience it.

sakipon

It's still up for me. Maybe.......maybe Konami had a change of heart.

They should just give it a price, something like 0.99 or 1.99 to pay for the bandwidth etc. Though if they truly had some contracts expire then I assume they'd need to handle those first.

DOWN

Banned
Y'all have my heart racing wondering if i need to pop in my original hard drive to try and get a second copy saved from my download list.

Top Bottom