• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacers Reportedly Filing Charges Against Lakers for Tampering with Paul George

As a Pacer fan, there's really no reason for me to believe this will go anywhere. There had been rumors for the past couple of years that he wanted to go to LA. The way his departure transpired irked a lot of us. Didn't have to leak that he would only go to LA and kill all leverage.

However, the Pacers aren't some petty organization. Cheap, yes. But this isn't just because they lost out on some trade leverage. They've got something they believe qualifies as evidence towards tampering. And when Magic Johnson goes on national television and says he knows Paul George and is down with tampering, that doesn't help either. I personally wouldn't give a shit about tampering normally because it's too hard to prove and enforce, but because Laker fans won't shut the hell up I hope the league decides to punish them.

This wont go anywhere. Maybe a fine. This shit happens all the time. Pacers are just salty they lost all leverage when PG13 opened his mouth.

Lakers are found guilty of tampering
League punishes the Lakers by fining them next year's draft pick
Next year's draft pick was supposed to be Boston's.

All part of the plan.
reece.JPG

o9Ba9.gif

It's not the our fault the Pacers front office couldn't build a team around the dude.
Built a great team around him but then, admittedly, took a gamble that didn't pay off. Last year's Pacers looked amazing on paper but just did not gel. I also think they would've played much better if Vogel was still the couch instead of McMillan.

Larry Bird really killed this squad.

Falchion

Sounds like a petty act from a hurt franchise grasping for anything. It would be interesting if something did get exposed though.

Top Bottom