• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: Nintendo in disarray, blown it with Wii U.

ReyVGM

“I think Nintendo is in disarray. I think they’ve completely blown the Wii U by not telling people what the price is going to be. It’s going to launch at $249 because it has to. I think they’re dead anyway because Xbox with Kinect will be priced below that by the time they launch. Wii was a bubble and that the Wii bubble has burst.” - Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter

Link

Is this guy for real? Does he actually get paid to say stuff like that? I swear that he graduated from the school of GameFAQs forums.

Even though his previous "analysis/predictions" have always been kind of... out there, that quote specifically reads like a 100% GameFAQs troll.

Retro

e9xHG.gif

Sometimes a tiny little part of me wishes Nintendo would just die already so everyone would stop spending so much time talking about how it's about to die.

NateDrake

They didn't reveal the price of a product a yr in advance equals doomed? This guy has been wrong with nearly every Nintendo prediction he has made.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I can't believe Microsoft hasn't told us the price of Xbox Next yet either.

Younicorn

Neo Member
Has it OFFICIALLY been confirmed that the touch screen on the Wii U's controller is essentially the quality/fidelity of the first DS screen?

I know I've heard rumblings that it's essentially the DS screen tossed into a controller.

AKA - no multi-touch?

JWong

Banned
I think Nintendo made a misstep for a different reason.

After capturing the casual market, they've built a very hardcore controller. Of course, the casual market didn't really serve them in the long term, so it may be a good switch.

Or it may end up being a GameCube repeat.

OnPoint

Wow Pachter... the system doesn't even have a release date, nor had a finalized showing and they blew it already by not announcing the price?

You are obviously good at what you do to drive the cars you drive, but sometimes I think you're just trolling.

What's up with Pachter and all the Nintendo angst all of a sudden? He used to be one of the more level-headed analysts...

Is he still bitter about Nintendo refusing to release an HD Wii in 2008?

Emitan

I think they’re dead anyway because Xbox with Kinect will be priced below that by the time they launch.
I can find a Gamecube for like $30. All gaming systems doomed forever.

Salvadora

I think Nintendo made a misstep for a different reason.

After capturing the casual market, they've built a very hardcore controller. Of course, the casual market didn't really serve them in the long term, so it may be a good switch.

Or it may end up being a GameCube repeat.

I don't think a tablet controller is hardcore.

WillyFive

Has it OFFICIALLY been confirmed that the touch screen on the Wii U's controller is essentially the quality/fidelity of the first DS screen?

I know I've heard rumblings that it's essentially the DS screen tossed into a controller.

AKA - no multi-touch?

There shouldn't be any multi-touch last I head, but that doesn't mean it's the same as the DS screen. That's just ridiculous.

I am stunned that the lack of price is how he thinks they blew it, I was sure he was going to be freaking out about the name when I clicked on the thread.

jayhawker

So, it is doomed because it is too expensive, but if Nintendo had revealed the too-expensive price earlier, it wouldn't be doomed? Sony should have revealed the PS3 price in like 1995.

AKA - no multi-touch?

Yes, I think Reggie said it's a resistive single-touch screen.

shira

Is the Japanese Yen going to stay high against the US dollar. That's probably going to factor into their pricing decision.

Kenka

I don't think it would make sense to ban him but at least we can try to avoid posting his comments in here.

Nevermind, keep coming Patcher.

botty

Banned
Couldn't you replace "Wii U" with any soon-to-be released console, and the statement would still work? And still be a troll.

fernoca

AKA - no multi-touch?
Why specifically the first DS screen? Heck it all points to be if anything like the 3DS screen (better quality, brigther image, better feedback, faster response).
That has no relation to it been multi-touch, resistive, whatever.

The screen is resistive and is not multitouch. Doesn't mean it sucks, just that you can't touch 2 points at the same time and you need to use some slight pressure.
As the Wii U 3DS examples has shown, with people even using the screen as a "fake second analog" to move the camera round ,etc. just with a finger (as seen in the Ghost Recon Online Wii U demo and the Conduit 3DS tech demo); there seems to be no problems...so far..

That's basically a GAF post with a real name behind it.
Then again, Pachter has a GAF account..with his name. :p

Top Bottom