• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts 8 Week 10, 2008

picsou

Banned
02 (02) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
07 (10) [WII] Game Party (Midway)
14 (20) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)
23 (27) [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
28 (30) [WII] Sonic And The Secret Rings (Sega)
38 (17) [WII] Pdc World Championship Darts 08 (Oxygen Interactive)

What ? since March 07 ?

Cosmonaut X said:
As for the sales of the 360 version, while Rockstar/Take Two might be happy with them, I'm not so sure 360 owners are entirely happy with what they got for their money... ;-)

360 owners have since long proven that they will generally buy and like just about anything, and that they like spending money. I'm sure they are happy.

f@luS

More than a member.
acm2000 said:
uncharted is thrown in on pretty much every ps3 bundle now, i surprised it isnt higher
ure not surprise, your just pretending to be. Jeez t_t

picsou

Banned
batbeg said:
PSP tends to have 0-2 titles in the chart week by week, usually a football or wrestling game as far as I remember. It would've bombed just as much there, I'm pretty sure.

please , gta games sell on psp so maybe bully too

RBH

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Time to blow up some people minds...

Spanish Top10 - Week 9
01. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PSP)
02. Wii Play (Wii)
03. Lost Odyssey (360)
04. More Brain Training (DS)
05. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (DS)
06. The Sims 2: FreeTime (PC)
07. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Wii)
08. Brain Training (DS)
09. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
10. FIFA 08 (PS2)

Yup, thats a PSP game debuting at #1 :lol
Hammerhai said:
Netherlands:

1 2 2 THE SIMS 2/VRIJE TIJD (PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
2 1 4 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (Nintendo DS) SEGA
3 3 13 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (Wii) SEGA
4 4 5 MORE BRAIN TRAINING (Nintendo DS) NINTENDO
5 new 1 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 (PSP) KONAMI
6 7 5 BRAIN TRAINING (Nintendo DS) NINTENDO
7 5 4 MARIO PARTY (Nintendo DS) NINTENDO
8 new 1 LOST ODYSSEY (XBOX 360) MICROSOFT
9 new 1 FRONTLINES/FUEL OF WAR (XBOX 360) THQ
10 8 14 CALL OF DUTY 4/MODERN WARFARE (PS3) ACTIVISION
Looks like Lost Odyssey is already starting to do better in Europe than Blue Dragon did.

picsou said:
some games won't sell on the wii because the gameplay doesn't suit .

Have you played Bully on the Wii? I have, and the gameplay fits perfectly, in spite of some occasionally odd button choices from the devs and the fact that it's a PS2 port.

nli10

Bully on Wii did sell... it was just outsold on units by budget stuff.

38th most amount of money put through retailers tills last week. Wii software seems to steady or rise in it's 2nd week too. Not the kind of performance thats gonna get a GTA game made especially for the Wii though I agree...

Slightly higher than Mario Galaxy in that chart too.

Nice showing for Dynasty Warriors 6 - can't wait to pick that up!

Lobster

Banned
I wouldn't call Bully a bomb.

We never saw PotC and WCW do well yet they all past 100k!

Not charting did dissapoint me though :\ I'll see what happens next week though.

pswii60

RBH said:
Looks like Lost Odyssey is already starting to do better in Europe than Blue Dragon did.
And Blue Dragon was being given away with 360s which is the main reason why it did so well last year. LO has legs and isn't getting given away. I'm surprised it's doing so well here to be honest.

Indeed

The Uncharted Fanboyism in these threads is insane.
I dont want to imagine what happens when MGS4 or FF13 and the like are released.

pswii60 said:
And Blue Dragon was being given away with 360s which is the main reason why it did so well last year. LO has legs and isn't getting given away. I'm surprised it's doing so well here to be honest.

Why? LO looks much more like FF than Blue Dragon does.

SupahBlah

Banned
Any of my friends getting a PS3 have to deal with me demanding they pick up Uncharted. :lol

I assume I'm not the only one doing this.

Also, hooray for Army of Two, I'm very much enjoying it on my 360.

I tried a couple of supermarkets (Tesco + Asda) for Bully on Wii on Friday and I couldn't find it (Bully for 360 was available in both) - so it's not in plentiful supply (in the shops I tried) or the shops didn't order it based on past performance of similar titles on Wii (I don't know which). I considered picking up the 360 version instead but I thought I'd hang fire on that after the freezing issues uncovered on here.

Chinner

Banned
pswii60 said:

And to think, if Microsoft even bothered to market it, it may of been doing a hell of alot better.

Nolan.

cjelly said:
Lost Odyssey will be out of the Top 40 next week. You mark my words.

Told you i'd mark them.

Also surprised wii's bully is far out, equally surprised 360's bully is so high up.

Nolan.

cjelly said:
:lol

OK, next week.

To be honest I expected it to be around number 30something. So i'm quite surprised, also surprised it's doing so well in other non-traditionally 360 territory (spain for one). I hope it continues to sell well.

I'm usually not a dedicated member of the cheer brigade but: Soulstorm \\o \o/ o// YAY!

Bully Wii not showing up is strange indeed. Should've incorporated Sonic or RE it seems. Didn't think Bully 360 would end up debuting that high either. With all the reported problems it might not stay that long though since word of mouth won't be good.

VerTiGo

Banned
Sonic and the Secret Rings being able to top Super Mario Galaxy again this week is very disturbing -- mostly because you know... the game isn't anywhere near the quality of Super Mario Galaxy and that's it's outselling Mario on his own platform. Then again, SMG's sales were very frontloaded and Secret Rings won't ever catch up anyway, but it's still just so strange to see. I would like to see another single-player and solo Sonic game on the Wii however. Secret Rings had the potential to be very good but the whole mission setup of the game is retarded beyond belief. It need to be more simple classic Sonic point A to point B gameplay yet there was a completely unnecessary layer of complexity added to it that completely works against it instead.

VerTiGo said:
Sonic and the Secret Rings being able to top Super Mario Galaxy again this week is very disturbing -- mostly because you know... the game isn't anywhere near the quality of Super Mario Galaxy and that's it's outselling Mario on his own platform. Then again, SMG's sales were very frontloaded and Secret Rings won't ever catch up anyway, but it's still just so strange to see. I would like to see another single-player and solo Sonic game on the Wii however. Secret Rings had the potential to be very good but the whole mission setup of the game is retarded beyond belief. It need to be more simple classic Sonic point A to point B gameplay yet there was a completely unnecessary layer of complexity added to it that completely works against it instead.

the thing is though SMG is very difficult to get hold of, dont know whats happening but nintendo europe have seriously screwed the UK over with stock

VerTiGo said:
Secret Rings had the potential to be very good but the whole mission setup of the game is retarded beyond belief. It need to be more simple classic Sonic point A to point B gameplay yet there was a completely unnecessary layer of complexity added to it that completely works against it instead.

Mm. They did exactly the same with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - there's a fantastic sequel in there, but instead of concentrating on perfecting/adding more courses they slapped on tedious challenges and boat races. In both cases, taking the time and budget assigned to the challenges and mini-games and feeding it back into the core game would have maybe resulted in games that lived up to the promise. As it is, we got a pair of flawed but fun titles, one of which is (sadly) unlikely to see a followup.

Sonic and the Secret Rings being able to top Super Mario Galaxy again this week is very disturbing

Not really. SMG has been in scarce supply for ages now - very rarely do I see its place on the shelves occupied by a display case instead of a "Not in stock" notice - and SatSR is now down to budget price (£20-25) IIRC. TBH, I'm happy to see it selling well, even if it is charting higher than SMG.

donny2112

UK_wk10.png

Is anyone interested in a combo Weighted/# in Top 40 chart? I don't think it would be as easy to read at a glance, but someone else may like it. :lol

felipeko

Raist said:
meh, typo in thread title, can a mod change it please ? :p
Mods dont care about pal charts :(

Thanks for making it!
I started working now and i wont be able to make it anymore.... but as i said, i will work to make it easier for you :D

sciplore

Psychotext said:
Astonished to see any 360 game go top 5 in Spain... let alone Lost Odyssey.
I am amazed by this too compared to how 360 games chart this is a miracle in itself. Did Mass Effect chart this high? Or even Halo 3?

RBH

sciplore said:
I am amazed by this too compared to how 360 games chart this is a miracle in itself. Did Mass Effect chart this high? Or even Halo 3?
Halo 3 topped the charts, but Mass Effect tanked pretty hard after the first couple of weeks in Europe.

Luckily for Bioware, Mass Effect made up for it in North America.

sciplore

RBH said:
Halo 3 topped the charts, but Mass Effect tanked pretty hard after the first couple of weeks in Europe.

Luckily for Bioware, Mass Effect made up for it in North America.
Just checked back you are right, I guess Mistwalker efforts are actually paying off for Microsoft then. Hopes this mean more jrpgs then since there is obviously a demand for them.

YES Go Lost Odyssey. Finally one of Sakaguchi's games selling like they deserev to.

This is such a happy moment for me personally because I can't get enough of Mistwalker's games man.

Microsoft now knows they gotta continue working with Mistwalker.

legend166

Majority of Wii shipments will be going to the US for March I assume, so this will probably continue for the next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom