• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 08, 2009

Ordered By Sales and Reformatted.
(Note, we've obviously only got numbers for what's in the budget charts right now)

Microsoft Xbox 360 (Budget)
Code:
Halo 3					1,002,794
Forza Motorsport 2	   		  524,508
Project Gotham Racing 4			  387,768
Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures	  334,626
Kung Fu Panda				  260,029
Battlefield: Bad Company		  165,091
Mirror's Edge				  145,842
Sega Superstars Tennis			  137,051
The Orange Box				  117,812
Dark Sector				   42,825

Sony PlayStation 3 (Budget)
Code:
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue		  411,803
Assassin's Creed			  389,499
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune		  242,266
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2	  154,495
Fight Night Round 3			  111,675
Mirror's Edge				  109,661
Haze				          109,167
Battlefield: Bad Company		   90,835
Buzz! Quiz Tv				   90,400
Dead Space				   68,339

Sony PlayStation Portable (Budget)
Code:
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories	  806,801
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories	  567,780
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition		  302,243
Need For Speed: Carbon			  256,558
Tekken: Dark Resurrection		  216,374
Medal of Honor: Heroes			  152,828
Daxter					  138,792
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters		  125,041
Killzone: Liberation			   96,681
God of War: Chains of Olympus		   82,736

Sony PlayStation 2 (Budget)
Code:
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock		  227,627
Singstar Abba				  130,397
Ben 10: Protector of Earth		  127,891
Quantum of Solace			   61,805
Sonic Unleashed				   44,808
Singstar Singalong With Disney		   42,925
Singstar Boybands Vs Girlbands		   38,629
Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3	   19,964
Manhunt 2				   16,160
Disney's Bolt				    4,817

PC (Budget)
Code:
Theme Hospital				  677,857
World of Warcraft			  515,679
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade	  333,762
Age of Empires 3			  263,297
Settlers: Heritage of Kings               117,291
The Orange Box				   77,874
Bejeweled 2				   43,132
The Sims 2: Mansion and Garden Stuff	   27,192
Amazing Adventures of The Lost Tomb        14,077
Mysteryville 2				    8,596

Just for fun, the highest overall LTDs from these leaked UK numbers:

1. Halo 3 - 360 - 1,002,794
2. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP - 806,801
3. Theme Hospital - PC - 677,857
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - PSP - 567,780
5. Forza Motorsport 2 - 360 - 524,508
6. World of Warcraft - PC - 515,679
7. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - PS3 - 411,803
8. Assassin's Creed - PS3 - 389,499
9. Project Gotham Racing 4 - 360 - 387,768
10. Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures - 360 - 334,626

DMeisterJ

Banned
Tideas said:
for the GT5:p one, it goes to show you the force that is the GT Franchise. For a prologue to a game to sell almost as much as a full game on a system that has lower hardware number is astounding.

people really do love their Gran Turismo

Nice spin, but wrong spin. Remember that Forza 2 was bundled for the better part of 3 months during the holiday period, and Chart-Track does count bundled sales (See Kung-Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones). It'd be nice to see un-bundled sales of Forza 2, they're probably much lower than GT5: P

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DMeisterJ said:
Nice spin, but wrong spin. Remember that Forza 2 was bundled for the better part of 3 months during the holiday period, and Chart-Track does count bundled sales (See Kung-Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones). It'd be nice to see un-bundled sales of Forza 2, they're probably much lower than GT5: P
GT5:p wasn't bundled? :lol

Tideas

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

GT5:p was bundled as well

ps3-gt5bundle.jpg

FrankT

AranhaHunter said:
Link and/or post the numbers for older leak please

I think DJmeister was the first one to post that earlier leak. Off the top my head I have no clue which individual thread I saw it in, but it was one of the PAL Chart threads IIRC. I also do not know if they were ever verified.

Oh yea, I hope Uncharted 2 fares better than the first. It deserves it if it is as good as the first, which it will probably be even better if I had to guess.

Spiegel

AranhaHunter said:
Just noticed that GOW COO sold like shit, I thought GOW was more popular in the Yuro.

GOW I and GOW II are between 100k and 200k. The psp version is going to reach that mark

Tideas

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Just noticed that GOW COO sold like shit, I thought GOW was more popular in the Yuro.

eh? It's not. It sold about 900k in its first month in the US. It sold less than a quarter of that in the UK

Dunno about the rest of Europe.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DMeisterJ said:
Erm, obviously it was, but to the extent of Forza 2 (every pro/elite sold?), no.
You could only buy the GT5:p bundle at one point.

You're making excuses where you don't need to: Both games sold very well. Bundled or otherwise.

DMeisterJ

Banned
cjelly said:

You're making excuses where you don't need to: Both games sold very well. Bundled or otherwise.

I never said they didn't, I was simply stating that one game sold better than the other. But really it's nothing to argue over, it's just sales numbers, I was just trying to bring a bit more correct-ness (lol, not a word) into the situation, but I agree, both were bundled, to a large extent, and it helped in sales of each, how much so will never be known, so it's a moot point. :)

Tideas said:
eh? It's not. It sold about 900k in its first month in the US. It sold less than a quarter of that in the UK

Dunno about the rest of Europe.

Is 900k first month in the US verifiable? It sold less than 1/10th of that in the UK. I just thought GOW was more popular in Europe.

cjelly said:

Are you sure? I think Sony always had more than one SKU.

spwolf

DMeisterJ said:
I never said they didn't, I was simply stating that one game sold better than the other. But really it's nothing to argue over, it's just sales numbers, I was just trying to bring a bit more correct-ness (lol, not a word) into the situation, but I agree, both were bundled, to a large extent, and it helped in sales of each, how much so will never be known, so it's a moot point. :)

in UK, most PS3 games are bundled... thats how they sell it at 300-330 GBP. And GT5P was also sold via PSN and 360 has like double the install base :D

nobody is creating Week 09 thread? Not interesting anymore? :D

Spiegel

AranhaHunter said:
Is 900k first month in the US verifiable? It sold less than 1/10th of that in the UK. I just thought GOW was more popular in Europe.

GOW PSP is at 700k+ in USA (without bundles)

Tideas

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I never meant GOW being more popular in Euro than in the US, just more popular overall.

Well, GoW is popular overall. But hey, if pirates can download, they will

Tideas said:
Well, GoW is popular overall. But hey, if pirates can download, they will

This shit really doesn't belong in any sales age thread. We have no real idea of the piracy rate on most consoles outside of anecdotal evidence. Talk of pirating affecting sales is so inconsistent and quite frankly baseless, it just gets a bit annoying.

deepbrown

Doc Evils said:
It not a bundle. They are still it seems, giving the game for free , as in buy a console and get the game free.
SO you think that made the difference? Apparently it was very close.

deepbrown

Accident said:
Hold on, how are these All formats, when Street Fighter IV is separate on the consoles? All Format usually means they are combined, with individual format charts separating them...

Sage00

Once And Future Member
deepbrown said:
Hold on, how are these All formats, when Street Fighter IV is separate on the consoles? All Format usually means they are combined, with individual format charts separating them...
All Formats doesn't neccessarily mean they are combined, just that all formats are included. Individual format charts are 360/PS3/Wii/etc only charts.

deepbrown

Sage00 said:
All Formats doesn't neccessarily mean they are combined, just that all formats are included. Individual format charts are 360/PS3/Wii/etc only charts.
OK...just weird because UK Charttrack (also Gfk) call their All Formats the combined one. But yes, I suppose that makes sense.

Top Bottom