• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 18, 2014

If being at number one is due to bundling then both EA and Microsoft win, hardware is selling and EA is getting paid for the game, everyone wins.

But what if it's very weak sales across the board and it simply allows it to be number one but doesn't increase the baseline much? There is little we can truly learn from this except perhaps that in Week 18 it's likely that XB1 HW sales were greater than any specific software sales that week

I do agree though that EA is winning no matter what though as they get paid. Hard to say if MS is winning though. Certainly improved their situation a bit though

Sales seem to be in the dumps.
Yeah I'm happy Nontendo got Mario Golf to chart but the units sold needed to achieve that seem so low it was not a worthwhile victory.

PC + 3DS + WIU < 568

I don't know why companies still bother releasing these kind of multi-platform games on Nintendo systems.
In the case of Spider Man maybe getting the game license has a clause stating what systems you must release it on. But those kinds of numbers well...they pay off the PEGI rating I guess. Besides maybe several hundred more are currently in retailers hands so from a publishers point of view it is slightly less grim (well until the reality of having to price protect or accept them back comes in).

noobie

Banned
yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 18, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)
Top 50

PS3 - 13
PS4 - 10

PC - 10
3DS - 9
360 - 5
WIU - 3

will be interesting to see when the cross over point will come when number of PS4 titles are going to be more than number of PS3 & PC titles.

i believe After The Last of Us on PS4 we could possible see that happen ..

Raist

Banned
mf2Bby8.png

Australia:
Week 18, 2014 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (01) THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
02 (03) CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
03 (02) FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (05) BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (06) TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (09) MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION (MICROSOFT)
07 (08) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
08 (__) INFAMOUS: SECOND SON (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
09 (10) ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
10 (04) LEGO THE HOBBIT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

NZ charts have been "updated" as well (date is correct) but they're exactly the same charts than last week... there must be a mistake because the "last week" positions are wrong then.

New UK charts are up:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032
2 1 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
1 2 TITANFALL XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 3 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
5 4 TITANFALL XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
11 5 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 6 FIFA 14 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
3 7 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- 8 BOUND BY FLAME PS4 FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE
9 9 INFAMOUS: SECOND SON PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
10 10 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 11 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
13 12 FIFA 14 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
7 13 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
20 14 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
23 15 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
15 16 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
14 17 LEGO THE HOBBIT XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
12 18 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
25 19 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
19 20 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
24 21 FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 22 SKATE 3 XB360 XBOX 360 CLASSICS ELECTRONIC ARTS
22 23 FIFA 14 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
17 24 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH XB360 UBISOFT UBISOFT
- 25 BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
37 26 BATTLEFIELD 4 XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
33 27 GRAN TURISMO 6 PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
27 28 TRIALS FUSION PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
36 29 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME PS3 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
26 30 METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES PS4 KONAMI KONAMI
- 31 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS3 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
38 32 BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
28 33 FORZA HORIZON XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
34 34 BATTLEFIELD 4 PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
18 35 MARIO GOLF: WORLD TOUR 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 36 THIEF PS4 SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
32 37 KINECT SPORTS: RIVALS XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
31 38 LEGO THE HOBBIT PS3 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
35 39 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014 PC SEGA SEGA
- 40 GOD OF WAR COLLECTION VITA SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
Titanlegs. Minelegs. Child of No Legs.

Hasney

- 22 SKATE 3 XB360 XBOX 360 CLASSICS ELECTRONIC ARTS

What in the hell? Awesome, mind you. If you want to pick up an old game, that's one of the ones to get.

noobie

Banned
9 PS4 titles to 5 XB ONE titles..

Is the TitanFall bundle still available.? look like even it cannot help XBO?

VITA title in TOP 40.

Donos

Why so negative? Nothing wrong with the PC as a platform.

Post was not negative. I'm just suprised how good PC is holding here in retail.
I am more a PC guy (with a week ass laptop atm) than anything else. I still working on my plan to convince my gf that i need a new gaming laptop.(I don't mention the "gaming" part to her ;))

Titanfall legs show how important it was for MS/XBOX even when it isn't the next jesus-cod-10million success EA/MS hoped for.
Imagine March/April without it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What the fuck is NoE doing about the shitty UK performance when it comes to software sales? Pathetic display, how about dropping the price on some of the games and spend some marketing money. It's like they don't even care about the UK market.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
‘Titanfall’ (-25%) returns to the No1 spot edging out ‘FIFA 14’ (-11%) by less than 400 sales.

Last week’s No1 ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ (-49%) slips from the summit down to No3. With little in the way of new releases this week ‘Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’ (-2%) climbs two places to No4. ‘2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil’ (-18%) is down a place to No5 just ahead of ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ at No6’ (-17%). ‘The Lego Movie Videogame’ (6,493 / +7%) climbs a spot to No7 while ‘Battlefield 4’ (+8%) moves up two spots to No8. ‘Lego The Hobbit’ (-30%) and ‘Lego Marvel Super Heroes’ (+0%) are at No9 and No10 making it 3 Lego titles in the Top 10 this week. The sole new release in the Top 40 comes from Focus Home Interactive in the form of new RPG title ‘Bound by Flame’ which debuts at No12.

Anything we can do with both of them?

Majmun

Titanfall showing great legs. Minecraft still going crazy, makes me wonder how the Ps3 version will do.

And I can't believe people bought Bound by Flame. That game is really bad IMO.

kadotsu

Banned
What the fuck is NoE doing about the shitty UK performance when it comes to software sales? Pathetic display, how about dropping the price on some of the games and spend some marketing money. It's like they don't even care about the UK market.

3DS prices have gotten disgusting. NOE is going for the $=£ exchange rate. I can't bring myself to pay that much for B-Tier franchises like Kirby especially when I know that the US version is available for $30.

Titanfall showing great legs. Minecraft still going crazy, makes me wonder how the Ps3 version will do.

And I can't believe people bought Bound by Flame. That game is really bad IMO.

It's the new console thing. I remember 360's first couple of years and every new game charted whether it was good or not.

Guymelef

Bound by Flame only chart on PS4, people are hungry for next gen games.

Makes me confirm some stupid decisions we see these days like no GRID Autosport next gen version.
Good luck Codemasters if they think they will sell more units on consoles with more user base.

Hasney

It's the new console thing. I remember 360's first couple of years and every new game charted whether it was good or not.

Yup. That and the fact that the numbers last extrapolated showed that the current state of the chart with no new big releases for a while and had some really small numbers.

I'm more surprised the other versions didn't chart.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3DS prices have gotten disgusting. NOE is going for the $=£ exchange rate. I can't bring myself to pay that much for B-Tier franchises like Kirby especially when I know that the US version is available for $30.
Yes, same for Mario Golf being 30 us dollar while 40 Euros here. I don't know what they are smoking at NoE, but they need a reality check instead of letting every game die that isn't Pokemon. They needaa more flexible pricing strategy with their handheld games. Kirby might be big in Japan and to some point in the US, but with these prices they are only catering to core Nintendo fans.

Top Bottom