• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 19, 2016

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Thank you. I think SW:BF movie released in the second week or is there any other reason for low drop. But if we see less then 70% drop for U4 then that will definitely be impressive

Star Wars drop was very small cause the second week of release was also Black Friday week.

what even is a "Battleborn"? i follow games closely but i don't have a clue. maybe i've heard of it before but the name is so utterly generic and boring that it doesn't stick to my mind..

sorry whoever developed it.

good to see Doom doing well (i always kind of root for id), though i hate it's called Doom. should've just called it Doom 4 to avoid future confusion.

MANUELF

Banned
Almost 200K for U4 huh? Not bad.

France Week 18

01 (01) 3DS YO-KAI WATCH
02 (02) PS4 RATCHET & CLANK
03 (NE) PS4 BATTLEBORN
04 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
05 (03) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III

And both Yokai Watch and Ratchet and clank are 40 euros games so they are selling way more than the rest

A bit off topic since I'm in the US but I'm shocked at how much marketing I've seen for both Battleborn and Homefront. I've seen more video game commercials in May than I have in almost any other month. It's amazing how much money Bethesda and Deep Silver spent so much to try to make these games stand out this month instead of just delaying them and avoiding the marketing juggernauts of Uncharted 4 and Overwatch (and Doom to a lesser extent).

Paganmoon

With the special edition being top aswell, isn't Spain one of the smaller markets? Maybe Sony are waiting till E3 for PR?

With the special edition being top, does this not mean it should say Uncharted 4 : Day One edition. This is what I got, included some multiplayer DLC and alternative cover.

Uncharted was always one of those franchises where if you solely track the US/UK numbers, it's hard to fathom how it could achieve 21 million across 3 games, even with the massive uptick that Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 had.

The localisation efforts that surround Uncharted franchise, imo, had always implied that like GT, it's a franchise that does really well in lesser-tracked markets like Spain.

I wonder if 2K or Gearbox are going to have anything to talk about with Battleborn? This gen we've seen companies switch from sales talk to "engagement", but can that really be all that high for Battleborn? And it's hard to imagine what they could possibly do to turn it around.

Uncharted 4 has done:

70k Spain
120k Japan
190k UK

= 380k there or there abouts.

That's pretty damn decent, with France, Germany and US added I think the game will have quite easily sold through a million first week. If nothing else, 5 million lifetime is a lock.

Loris146

Uncharted 4 has done:

70k Spain
120k Japan
190k UK

That's pretty damn decent, with France, Germany and US added I think the game will have quite easily sold through a million first week. If nothing else, 5 million lifetime is a lock.

75-78k in Spain. 5 ML LTD is a very conservative prediction.

Asd202

75-78k in Spain. 5 ML LTD is a very conservative prediction.

Digital sales should also be good because unlike other games on PSN the price actually matched retail, at least where I live. Of course some retailers may have gone lower but still.

what even is a "Battleborn"? i follow games closely but i don't have a clue. maybe i've heard of it before but the name is so utterly generic and boring that it doesn't stick to my mind..

sorry whoever developed it.

good to see Doom doing well (i always kind of root for id), though i hate it's called Doom. should've just called it Doom 4 to avoid future confusion.

Battleborn is one of those games many have trouble remembering or even describing as there's been a number of similar games being made recently. Think of it as a story driven fps moba or moba inspired.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
.......Wait what what what, Uncharted 4 first week has sold MORE THAN TRIPLE than The Division on PS4!?!?!?!?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Bruno MB

Almost 100% up. Sony will be happy. Bruno do you have Uncharted 2 numbers in spain? :)

I don't have its first week sales.

The highest selling week one Sony Computer Entertainment title is Gran Turismo 5 with 92,000 units.

If we include bundles + digital maybe Uncharted 4 has even surpassed Gran Turismo 5.

Boke1879

Uncharted 4 has done:

70k Spain
120k Japan
190k UK

5 million is definite on the low end for lifetime sales. I'd say closer to 10 million. Strong start in sales and over time it'll be discounted and no doubt bundled with the system at some point in a cheaper bundle

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I don't have its first week sales.

The highest selling week one Sony Computer Entertainment title is Gran Turismo 5 with 92,000 units.

If we include bundles + digital maybe Uncharted 4 has even surpassed Gran Turismo 5.

Since i like to compare the exclusives :p do you have Spain first week for Halo 5 and Mario Kart 8?

I guess Uncharted 4 should be like >10x times Halo 5 and >5x times Mario Kart 8.

Bruno MB

Since i like to compare the exclusives :p do you have Spain first week for Halo 5 and Mario Kart 8?

I guess Uncharted 4 should be like >10x times Halo 5 and >5x times Mario Kart 8.

No, I don't.

GfK Spain data is rare, we can be happy that that guy from Vandal Radio is willing to share some titbits, let's hope it lasts.

Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5 first week sales were divulged by Sony.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
No, I don't.

GfK Spain data is rare, we can be happy that that guy from Vandal Radio is willing to share some titbits, let's hope it lasts.

Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5 first week sales were divulged by Sony.

Oh, now i understand. Yeah, was kinda surprised you knew the first week of those 2 old games. :D

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Can't wait to see how Fire Emblem did this week. :D

Any predictions?
of course no, cause no one cares about Nintendo -_-

I say ~30,000, though i'm not much sure cause i don't remember how Awakening sold first week...

EDIT: huum, looks like Awakening sold between 6k and 10k first week, so 30k would be x5 or x3 of Awakening first week.

Considering the first werk in USA was x5 of Awakening, i can see this happening in UK and others Europe countries ad well.

Kyonashi

23/May/2016
Sony take a second week at No1 with ‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ (-78%).

Bethesda’s ‘Doom’ remains at No2 for a second week and sales only decline -35% over the debut week, putting it close to the No1 in terms of units sold this week. This week’s big new release debuts at No3 in the form of Koch Media/Dambuster Studio’s ‘Homefront: The Revolution’ for PS4 and Xbox One. This is the sequel to THQ and Kaos Studios ‘Homefront’ which debuted in week 11, 2011 at No1 (both original publisher and studio have ceased to exist). Activision’s ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops III’ (+0%) drops 1 place to No4 and Nintendo’s pair of 3DS ‘Fire Emblem Fates’ titles sees ‘Birthright’ debut at No5 and ‘Conquest’ at No11. Also new this week and debuting at No6 is Sega’s PS4 ‘Valkyria Chronicles Remastered’, which is the original PS3 version+DLC, released in UK during November 2008.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2420&s=1111

Top Bottom