• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 39, 2012

spwolf

Pro Evo doesn't seem to be doing too badly, then.

PES dropped down last year compared to their best years (been dropping since 09).. but it still sold 6.5 million WW.

This year it seems to be going up, not down.

They still dont sell it through PSN. I bet Fifa got some nice sales through PSN due to 2 activations.

Damn, FIFA Vita > 3DS?

Third party games....

3DS version doesn't even have online when even the DS version did let alone the fact that no effort went into at all. Not that changes the 3DS's own woes but the 3DS is a terrible platform for sports games.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS version doesn't even have online when even the DS version did let alone the fact that no effort went into at all. Not that changes the 3DS's own woes but the 3DS is a terrible platform for sports games.

I don't know how much is 3DS's fault when FIFA 13 on the platform is not promoted at all, and it's without online. Moreover, EA is the same company who decided to release FIFA games on DS just from 2009. And all those games debuted pretty bad, outside top 40, just like this new 3DS one. Basically, it's something which already happened in the past.

spwolf

I don't know how much is 3DS's fault when FIFA 13 on the platform is not promoted at all, and it's without online. Moreover, EA is the same company who decided to release FIFA games on DS just from 2009. And all those games debuted pretty bad, outside top 40, just like this new 3DS one. Basically, it's something which already happened in the past.

its not like PSV Fifa isnt roster update of 2012 - it is. No reason for anyone to get it.

It just shows that things didnt change for 3DS.

Mpl90

its not like PSV Fifa isnt roster update of 2012 - it is. No reason for anyone to get it.

It just shows that things didnt change for 3DS.

What are those things which didn't change? 3DS titles which weren't just Mario titles appearing pretty high in various European charts, UK too this Summer, and NSMB2 being this stable mean that hardware sales improved a lot this Summer and they're probably still higher than what they'd been without the XL + Mario released, since if they weren't, New Super Mario Bros. 2 would have been outside of top 20 already. And I repeat about FIFA: FIFA in 2009 and 2010 debuted in top 10 on PSP while on DS it was outside of top 40.

What are those things which didn't change? 3DS titles which weren't just Mario titles appearing pretty high in various European charts, UK too this Summer, and NSMB2 being this stable mean that hardware sales improved a lot this Summer and they're probably still higher than what they'd been without the XL + Mario released, since if they weren't, New Super Mario Bros. 2 would have been outside of top 20 already. And I repeat about FIFA: FIFA in 2009 and 2010 debuted in top 10 on PSP while on DS it was outside of top 40.

PSP and Vita versions were/Are Advertised. The Nintendo efforts have no promotion.

test_account

XP-39C²
Which 3DS games were those? I only remember Kingdom Hearts, and Heroes of Ruin charting one week at 39th place in the UK chart.

EDIT: Also remembered Lego Batman 2, charted for 3 week (first two weeks, then gone, the charting again at 40th place in the UK charts).

SmokyDave

Which 3DS games were those? I only remember Kingdom Hearts, and Heroes of Ruin charting one week at 39th place in the UK chart.

EDIT: Also remembered Lego Batman 2, charted for 3 week (first two weeks, then gone, the charting again at 40th place in the UK charts).

Hey! There's Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

That one's selling OK! It's not just a Mario Machine.

39 (__) PS2 Fifa 13 (Electronic Arts)

23cFh.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
Is Fifa 13 PS2 the latest charting game for a system after its release? Nearly 12 years after the PS2 launch in Europe. I thought maybe Pokemon Gold could be a contender too, but dont know if charts from around 2002 excist (Gameboy released in 1990, Pokemon Gold released in 2000).

Hey! There's Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

That one's selling OK! It's not just a Mario Machine.
But that is a Mario game too :) (i know you're being sarcastic, i just had to write that i concider this as a Mario game too, kinda on the same line as that Mario Kart is concidered as a Mario game. Nothing wrong with that, it is good for Nintendo's sake, but i'm wondering about the 3rd party titles, maybe i forgot some of them).

BKK

There was only All Formats chart then, not Individual Formats chart. Pokemon Gold and Silver last made the AF chart in Week 1, 2002.

Edit: Game Boy (and Mega Drive) was launched in the UK at the European Computer Entertainment Show which ran from September 15th-16th 1990.

good grief, angry birds charted. I'm in shock, who would buy it at nearly 30 pounds when it's free on android and basically free on iphone.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Let us spare a thought for the ultra-bomb that is Inazuma Eleven Strikers.

New entry in the Wii full price chart at 17.

- 17 INAZUMA ELEVEN STRIKERS LEVEL 5 NINTENDO NINTENDO

Ouch that's pretty bad bomba, probably will do a lot better on the continent

Takao

Banned

Shocking news. I'm surprised they even shipped copies to the UK, the anime aired for like 2 weeks there, lol.

They'll all do fine. But releasing so close to each other in dudebro season wasn't a great idea for either fighter.

It's already too late for Soulcalibur. And that game doesn't have the arcades to make up for it. I doubt we see another entry in that franchise for a LONG time. Tekken might eventually reach respectable numbers at a lower price point. It's still a well-known brand. I don't know about DOA...

Capcom is in trouble too if UMvC3 and SFxT are any indication. Really sad to see one of my favourite genres in this state.

Happy and Sad about DOA5, sad to see it fail.....happy coz now I can afford it at bomba price in a few weeks.

and to those shocked at two Vita games, Sony is on the freaking marketing Blitz with that thing here in the UK. Prime time ITV shows pretty much always run an ad for LBP, Fifa or Uncharted at the moment. Even my mother asked if I had bought a Vita when she saw me playing Final Fantasy 4 on my PSP, so even she knows the thing exists now.

Sweden:
1) FIFA 13 (PS3)
2) WoW: Mists of Pandaria (PC)
3) FIFA 13 (X360)
4) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (PS3)
5) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
6) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (X360)
7) WoW: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC)
8) NHL 13 (PS3)
9) Live Gold Months 3 + 1 (Card)
10) Borderlands 2 (X360)
11) NHL 13 (X360)
12) Borderlands 2 (PC)
13) Borderlands 2 (PS3)
14) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
15) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
16) WoW: Cataclysm (PC)
17) FIFA 13 (Wii)
18) The Sims 3: Supernatural (PC)
19) Sony Online: Gametime Card (Card)
20) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 SEK (Card)

Norway:
1) FIFA 13 (PS3)
2) FIFA 13 (X360)
3) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (PS3)
4) WoW: Mists of Pandaria (PC)
5) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (X360)
6) WoW: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC)
7) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
8) Borderlands 2 (PS3)
9) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
10) Borderlands 2 (X360)
11) Borderlands 2 (PC)
12) Live Card NOK 400 (Card)
13) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 NOK (Card)
14) FIFA 13 (Wii)
15) Live Card NOK 200 (Card)
16) Live Gold Months 3 + 1 (Card)
17) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
18) PES 2013 (PS3)
19) NHL 13 (PS3)
20) Rocksmith (PS3)

Finland:
1) FIFA 13 (PS3)
3) FIFA 13 (X360)
4) NHL 13 (PS3)
5) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (PS3)
6) WoW: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC)
7) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
8) NHL 13 (X360)
9) Angry Birds Trilogy (PS3)
10) PlayStation Network Voucher 20 EUR (Card)
11) F1 2012 (PS3)
12) Borderlands 2 (PS3)
13) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (X360)
14) Borderlands 2 (X360)
15) Borderlands 2 (PC)
16) Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition (PS3)
17) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
18) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - GOTY (PS3)
19) The Sims 3: Supernatural (PC)
20) Angry Birds Trilogy (X360)

Denmark:
1) FIFA 13 (PS3)
3) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (PS3)
4) FIFA 13 (X360)
5) WoW: Mists of Pandaria - Collector's Edition (PC)
6) FIFA 13: Ultimate Edition (X360)
7) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
8) Borderlands 2 (PS3)
9) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
10) Skylanders Spyro's Adventure (Wii)
11) The Sims 3: Supernatural (PC)
12) Borderlands 2 (PC)
13) Borderlands 2 (X360)
14) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
15) FIFA 13 (Wii)
16) FIFA 13 (PC)
17) PES 2013 (PS3)
18) F1 2013 (PS3)
19) The Sims 3 (PC)
20) Diablo III (PC)

http://www.gfkhitlist.com/game.aspx

Germany:
1) FIFA 13 (PS3)
2) FIFA 13 (X360)
3) Borderlands 2 (PS3)
4) FIFA 13 (Wii)
5) F1 201 (PS3)
6) PES 2013 (PS3)
7) Borderlands 2 (X360)
8) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
9) FIFA 13 (PS2)
10) One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3)

http://www.gamona.de/konsolen-charts

Really. One Piece is doing rather well in Germany. Even with FIFA launching it managed to stay in top ten. Then you add strong sales from France and Italy and you can say that retail release was definitely success in Europe.

Wow that sucks for Strikers, I didn't even know it was out in the UK yet, still waiting on my order to ship from Zavvi :/
Just sucks for that series I guess, should have been released a year or 2 earlier and wish a push that was followed up on and not dumped after 2 weeks of the show being on air and then taken off

AzaK

It's so sad how dead the Wii is and for how long it's been that way.
Be interesting to see how FIFA does on Wii U

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Am i missing something or why would anyone expect big numbers for strikers ? Especially when its being released the same week as Fifa 13.

Am i missing something or why would anyone expect big numbers for strikers ? Especially when its being released the same week as Fifa 13.
Yeah I agree timing was bad, but it just seems Nintendo and Level 5 were a few years late on the whole Inazuma thing coming out of Japan. Had they bought the first one out 2 years earlier when the DS was a viable platform and not after the 3DS had come out I think the series could have been much bigger then its ended up being.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I agree timing was bad, but it just seems Nintendo and Level 5 were a few years late on the whole Inazuma thing coming out of Japan. Had they bought the first one out 2 years earlier when the DS was a viable platform and not after the 3DS had come out I think the series could have been much bigger then its ended up being.

Have you seen how much it sells in Italy, France and Spain on DS ? Of course they were late bringin it to the west, but they didnt want to release the game without the anime airing in europe. Even so i doubt that the spin-off.....Strikers wouldnt have sold gangbusters.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Who said anything about big numbers?

#17 on the Wii full price chart is a disaster, though. It's not like the Wii is swimming in new releases.

cw_sasuke

#17 on the Wii full price chart is a disaster, though. It's not like the Wii is swimming in new releases.

Really ? You act as if they had high expectations to begin with... how well did the regular games chart on DS in uk ? I doubt that the UK performance makes a big difference since the IP is stronger in the european mainland.

I don't think it got a big shipment either, I can't seem to find anywhere online that stocks the Pal Wii version barring some eBay stores

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Actually, as reported in the previous thread, Inazuma Eleven 1 and 2 are very big seller in PAL territories (if I remember correctly IE1 and 2 sold more thatn 1.5 millions in PAL). Simply, not in UK. probably due to the lack of serious hiring for the cartoon series (unlike Spain and Italy).

I don't know if Inazuma Eleven Strikers will do well in Europe, but certainy I'll not base my judge on UK numbers.

About the delay, please consider that it was probably (judging from the very good results) best to wait for the cartoon hiring than be on the market previously. BTW, I think that for the third portable iteration would be smart for L5 and Nintendo to propose the 3/Ogre both on DS and 3DS, exploiting the 3ds adaptation L5 did for the 1-2-3 Collection coming out this Christmas in Japan.

Mpl90

So, RE6 4th best debut of the year in UK?
1. FIFA 13 - 1.260.000
2. Borderlands 2 - ME3 + 4.000
3. Mass Effect 3
4. Resident Evil 6

Saty

So, RE6 4th best debut of the year in UK?
1. FIFA 13 - 1.260.000
2. Borderlands 2 - ME3 + 4.000
3. Mass Effect 3
4. Resident Evil 6

You can narrow down the number for RE6 by doing the math on FIFA's 2nd week drop.

Top Bottom