• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 7, 2014

Steroyd

Hot damn even the WiiU had games that cracked the top 50, I said damn again, not even Fifa or Forza gained anything resembling traction.

Did the Xbox One fail to launch in Germany?

If we're to believe that tier 2 countries have been ordering units from Germany, this is probably when the er... "demand" has been satisfied.

noobie

Banned
The first title was FIFA 14 in December.

i c.. so looking at FIFA 14 position on these charts for last few weeks, i believe it should then hit 200k by March or April.. especially with WorldCup coming in July, FIFA going to be big on PS4 this summer across Europe

Moonstone

Look like germany is getting more consistent shipment of PS4.

Btw are BF4 and AC 4 the first title to reach 100k on PS4?

PS4 shipments were initially pretty small. I think we got screwed there. Spain got a lot consoles, although the market is smaller. But UK/US was the priority. People had to buy in the uk to get a PS4.

Earlier this week a big shipment rolled in, though. But it's already sold out. Not possible to buy a ps4 in retail, if you don't preorder or if you don't check the shops that don't do preorders every 2 days.

I guess they now ship to the bigger EU markets, the smaller ones still have to wait.

[3DS] Pokémon Y (Nintendo) - 200.000

X should get platinum next month. 400k is good. And the game has legs. Funny that Y is more succesful here.

Of course FIFA14 was the first game to reach 100k. I think it was in December. It should reach 200k in the next month(s), when more consoles will be available.

[PS3] Gran Turismo 6 (Sony) - 200.000

GT5 reached the 500k mark after 11 months in Germany.
GT6 got an early price cut, but under the given circumstances it is performing rather well.

jvm

Gamasutra.
well, that's just great
Came out this morning. There have been no further data on platforms.

UK Retail Software
Week ending 15 February 2014
Revenue: £11.2 million
Units: 416,388
ASP: £26.90

YTD Revenue: £89.7 million (+12%)
YTD Units: 3.37 million (-2.8%)
YTD ASP: £26.59 (+15%)

There is something odd in this week's text. It says YTD 2014 revenue is £80.6 million, up 11% over last year. The period last year was £80.1 million by my records, and this year's is given above, at +12%. So either some results from last year were restated (adjusted by about £500,000) or something was computed wrong. Just letting you know.

Edit: It's conceivable that they dropped something like PS2 and PSP from the data they were using. That would explain the size and direction of the change to YTD 2013 revenue...

noobie

Banned
Came out this morning. There have been no further data on platforms.

UK Retail Software
Week ending 15 February 2014
Revenue: £11.2 million
Units: 416,388
ASP: £26.90

YTD Revenue: £89.7 million (+12%)
YTD Units: 3.37 million (-2.8%)
YTD ASP: £26.59 (+15%)

There is something odd in this week's text. It says YTD 2014 revenue is £80.6 million, up 11% over last year. The period last year was £80.1 million by my records, and this year's is given above, at +12%. So either some results from last year were restated (adjusted by about £500,000) or something was computed wrong. Just letting you know.

Edit: It's conceivable that they dropped something like PS2 and PSP from the data they were using. That would explain the size and direction of the change to YTD 2013 revenue...
so we wont be getting how much is the contribution of each platform in this 89.7m?
and any report how the new VITA model did? according to that website it flopped and brought down the sales of VITA

jvm

Gamasutra.
so we wont be getting how much is the contribution of each platform in this 89.7m?
and any report how the new VITA model did? according to that website it flopped and brought down the sales of VITA
I do not foresee getting platform breakdowns. I did not see anything about the PSV.

Phamit

Look like germany is getting more consistent shipment of PS4.

Not really, from the shop were i ordered my ps4 i got the message, that they couldnt gurantee the shipment for march anymore, because Sony reduced shipment of ps4 because of the japan launch.

Well, i had enough and drove from Dortmund to Cologne to buy one. The only store i checked, which had the ps4 available.

I do not foresee getting platform breakdowns. I did not see anything about the PSV.
Hmm, that's a shame.

With UK being up (in revenue at least) it would have been interesting to contrast the US markets platform ups and downs in January; i.e. is next-gen software spending simply proportionally higher in the UK, or is last-gen slow down not as much, or a combination of both.

Warner Bros The LEGO Movie Videogame is the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 for the second week in a row.

Sales of the game were up seven per cent week on week with the film on which it is based also topping the UK cinema listings.

The highest new entry comes from Nintendo, whose Wii U platformer Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze entering the list in ninth. The debut of Rayman: Legends on PS4 and Xbox One sees sales of Ubisoft’s title climb nearly 300 per cent and climb 23 places to tenth.

There’s also a new entry for Reef Entertainment’s Rambo: The Video Game in 21st.

Last week there were five LEGO games in the Top 40 – and this week that number has climbed to nine, meaning LEGO accounts for nearly a QUARTER of the UK Top 40.

Combined UK revenue for LEGO titles alone last week hit £145m. The Danish brand is currently tenth in the UK’s all-time brand revenue table (1995-2013).

The highest new entry comes from Nintendo, whose Wii U platformer Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze entering the list in ninth. The debut of Rayman: Legends on PS4 and Xbox One sees sales of Ubisoft’s title climb nearly 300 per cent and climb 23 places to tenth.

SWrSCGk.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not that bad for DKC:TF, but let's see also the individual formats chart.

Edit: it's up.

DKC:TF at no. 4. A good performance for the state of Wii U in UK, I would say.

Bruno MB

Meh, in their press release they didn't give weekly percentage change for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Grand Theft Auto V, Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Minecraft: Xbox 360.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And interesting is that only the PS4 version of Rayman Legends charted in the individual chart.

Edit: the success of LEGO games shows that it isn't always bad to flood the market with releases.

SmokyDave

Good showing for DK.

Ys: Memories of Celceta straight in at number one for Vita. Top ten now features Ys, Toukiden and Danganronpa. Everyone that moans about CoD and FIFA dominating the charts should dash out and buy a Vita ;)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
More so when you factor in that both versions were available for the same £24.99 price from Game.

And no difference in quality between the 2 versions.

No. 39 and no. 40 in the individual charts are the retail release of Football Manager 2014 and Aliens: Colonial Marines for X360.

It's not a good sign.

DrWong

France week 7:

1 - Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns PS3 - Square Enix
2 - Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns Xbox 360 - Square Enix
3 - FIFA 14 PS4 - Electronic Arts
4 - Inazuma Eleven 3 : Les Ogres Attaquent 3DS - Nintendo
5 - Mario Party : Island Tour 3DS - Nintendo

Top Bottom