• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2016

I really do find it crazy that even with the large gap in install base, microsoft can still get close to the ps4 in actual software sales

It's actually right inline with the relative install bases.

We had an XBO/PS4 combined figure of 5.5 million in the UK a few months ago which is agreed that roughly 2.5m and 3m respectively at the time. Division's split sales percentage actually matches the install bases.

Bruno MB

Edit: Wrong data since Far Cry 4 might have sold more than Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Anyway, we know that Tom Clancy's The Division is at least over 215,000 units.

EGM1966

I really do find it crazy that even with the large gap in install base, microsoft can still get close to the ps4 in actual software sales
I wouldn't get that excited. The gap isn't actually that large so far I am aware from GAF threads and mostly the split is pretty close to the gap ratio or favours PS4 moreso.

Relying on exclusive marketing deals, bundles and timed DLC deals to still have smaller slice of sales isn't that hot a situation to be in really. It's a good fight from MS but at the end of the day they're having to expend more energy and effort to lose less.

Good sales though and game seems solid enough to warrant them.

It's actually right inline with the relative install bases.

We had an XBO/PS4 combined figure of 5.5 million in the UK a few months ago which is agreed that roughly 2.5m and 3m respectively at the time. Division's split sales percentage actually matches the install bases.

Indeed, and that reminds me, I keep meaning to ask, where's the bigger proportional sales gap, in the US or UK? Or is it roughly similar?

Rymuth

Relying on exclusive marketing deals, bundles and timed DLC deals to still have smaller slice of sales isn't that hot a situation to be in really. It's a good fight from MS but at the end of the day they're having to expend more energy and effort to lose less.
Essentially, it's a deal to be still within spitting distance. Imagine if the deal was reversed.

Next deal they have is Doom, correct?

Indeed, and that reminds me, I keep meaning to ask, where's the bigger proportional sales gap, in the US or UK? Or is it roughly similar?

US has a slightly smaller gap percentage wise it seems but we don't have accurate figures for Xbox. The gap in the US is getting bigger. Used to be about 800k difference but know it's well over a million.

viHuGi

Banned
I'm not surprised about The Division < Watch Dogs in UK.

Watch Dogs in Europe was very big.

But we know Worldwide Thr Division has Sold more First day, so expect USA Sales to be waaaaaaaaaay bigger.

Division outsold Watch Dogs everywhere except UK xD Probably

EGM1966

Essentially, it's a deal to be still within spitting distance. Imagine if the deal was reversed.

Next deal they have is Doom, correct?
Yeah Doom I think. I figure they see RISE as a bad call and will focus more on shooters for the moment for deals.

It's close to being "tales from my ass" but I get impression that these deals only seem to work for PAL market for shooters. Similar deals for RPGs etc never seem to affect the split but for shooters they can still help MS

Rymuth

Yeah Doom I think. I figure they see RISE as a bad call and will focus more on shooters for the moment for deals.

It's close to being "tales from my ass" but I get impression that these deals only seem to work for PAL market for shooters. Similar deals for RPGs etc never seem to affect the split but for shooters they can still help MS
Going into this gen, I would not have pegged Bethesda to turn out to be a better partner for MS than even EA. Like FO4, Doom will likely skew towards XBo when you include the bundles.

EGM1966

Going into this gen, I would not have pegged Bethesda to turn out to be a better partner for MS than even EA. Like FO4, Doom will likely skew towards XBo when you include the bundles.

Well, the thing with Bethesda is they generated terrible brand on PS platforms last gen with Skyrim on PS3.

I could be wrong but IIRC Elder Scrolls Online was only major release in UK to clearly skew to XB1 vs PS4 and I'm sure that's due to market perception.

Ultimately I see MS being careful about the deals it makes and choosing only those that really deliver as much as possible. They'll try and keep FIFA bundle active in UK and PAL in general and compliment it with titles that still have decent skew to MS ecosystem by nature of genre or brand.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Division outsold Watch Dogs everywhere except UK xD Probably

Trusth me.

Watch Dogs outsold The Division by a good margin even in the others Europe countries.
The difference is most likely even bigger than the UK...

Division did better in USA.

Top Bottom