• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2016

DrWong

Any prediction for The Division next week?

It's gonna be very huge in my opinion.

I say over 300K.
Agree. We're selling it at an insane rate since more than a week and preorders have been very very strong. PC version. So yes I'm expecting a big big launch for all systems.

Really surprised with the division hype, found the beta bland, combat was mediocre, the location would get old and samey, dark zones seem really old quick, and not sufficient for end game content. Guess I am in he minority on this one.

Cassovia

23 (26) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
40 (__) PS4 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Is this because of some kind of promotion?

Good to see Forza 6 back in the top ten, its been part of my backlog for a while but I managed to put a good few hours into it over the weekend, wonder what caused the spike here?

It's dirt cheap ATM as Is halo 5 (£20). Ms are doing console bundles for £250 too - which also explains FIFA 16 on xb1 above the ps4 version, I wonder if a price drop is coming

Hasney

23 (26) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
40 (__) PS4 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Is this because of some kind of promotion?

Killzone is a fiver and knack is in every one of Game's bundles.

It's dirt cheap ATM as Is halo 5 (£20). Ms are doing console bundles for £250 too - which also explains FIFA 16 on xb1 above the ps4 version, I wonder if a price drop is coming

I'll assume a price drop will be sooner or later. Depends when MS clarifies this new model business.

Donos

Heavy Rain sold like 4 million copies, I doubt any game in that genre will come close to it any time soon.

Not sales potential like "8mill copies sold" but sales potential in that regard that these games are a sucess and new ones get funded.

Most of the recent story heavy games with very good gfx did well in reviews and copies sold.

Hasney

original

Italy:
1) Far Cry Primal (PS4)
2) Far Cry Primal (XOne)
3) Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
4) Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)
5) FIFA 16 (PS4)
6) Bravely Second End Layer (3DS)
7) GTA V (PS4)
8) Far Cry Primal Collector's Edition (PS4)
9) Call of Duty Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (PS4)
10) Minecraft (PS4)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

Ryng_tolu

Banned
If Far Cry Primal charted so well for XB1 in Italy and Germany, which aren't good market for XB1 ( and to think in UK The gap is 42/58! ) This really mean it sold very good.

I mean, in those countries XB1 Version could be like 20% or lower and still charted good.

Footos22

Really surprised with the division hype, found the beta bland, combat was mediocre, the location would get old and samey, dark zones seem really old quick, and not sufficient for end game content. Guess I am in he minority on this one.

Nah I'm with you, beta was the safest plain ass game I've played in a long time.

Alo0oy

Banned
Detroit will.

Extremely unlikely, Heavy Rain sold that well because it was new and there was nothing like it at the time, no game in the genre since then sold anywhere near as well as it did.

Telltale games are significantly cheaper and available on every single platform and they still never came close to the success of Heavy Rain, Detroit won't be any different.

Extremely unlikely, Heavy Rain sold that well because it was new and there was nothing like it at the time, no game in the genre since then sold anywhere near as well as it did.

Telltale games are significantly cheaper and available on every single platform and they still never came close to the success of Heavy Rain, Detroit won't be any different.
Disagree. ...if it's good and reviews well. Sony pushing it I can see it doing very well. Telltale games have no marketing and don't have the graphics of Detroit.

Hasney

You telling me that Far Cry Primal sold 200K in one week on Germany? im not believing that.

And just on PS4. It's legit, it's on the site.

Not sure if it includes digital or not, some do and some don't when it comes to Germany numbers I believe.

It's the casuals buying it. Some guys I know at work getting it for XB1. Ticks all the boxes: multiplayer, psuedo-military, shooter.

Dinda

Germany:

Far Cry Primal PS4 >200K
Halo 5 XB1 >100K

http://www.biu-online.de/de/fakten/biu-sales-award.html

You telling me that Far Cry Primal sold 200K in one week on Germany? im not believing that.

200k sounds to much, maybe it is a typo on their website, gamesmarkt.de is saying it sold over 100K, so maybe they had 100k mentioned on their press release but made a typo on the website.
Either way, huge opening for Primal, 200K of course would be crazy.

Hasney

Primal >200k first week? That's fucking huge, wasn't expecting sales like that at all.

Although it's the first game this year to get a proper, big TV commercial campaign this year at least in Poland.

Yeah, it was on every single football game ad break I saw in the UK. That's why I'm thinking Division is going to be huge. That's been going since December.

viHuGi

Banned
Yeah, it was on every single football game ad break I saw in the UK. That's why I'm thinking Division is going to be huge. That's been going since December.

Yet it didnt sold that well on the UK compared to this German numbers... Something doesnt add up.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
What the fucking fuck, Far Cry Primal 200K first week in Germany? ONLY ON PS4!?
OH MY GOD. O_O

Oh ok, it's >100K. Well, still epic first week. Didn't expect THAT much.

GfK and SuperData announce industry-first partnership

LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP PROVIDES COMBINED DIGITAL/PHYSICAL RANKINGS

Research firms team up in response to customer demand, starting with Europe.

An industry-first research partnership providing the most comprehensive overview of the digital and physical games market ever available.

In the absence of a centralized source for market information, the two research firms, each leaders in their respective territories, have joined forces to begin publishing monthly sales charts that combine digital and physical console games sales in key European markets.

Dr. Mathias Giloth, Managing Director at GfK Entertainment, said: “This is a milestone in the history of games market research. For the first time, digital and physical sales data across Europe will be integrated into one single, representative overview.”

“With the advent of digital distribution, the landscape for video games has drastically changed. Last year consumers spent $6.25 billion on both full game downloads and add-on content on console worldwide. That means that major publishers are now fully invested in pursuing digital channels as a core piece to their business strategy,” said SuperData CEO, Joost van Dreunen. “Major franchises like Call of Duty™, FIFA™ and Grand Theft Auto™ earn revenues across a range of channels. By partnering with GfK Entertainment we are in the unique position to provide a greater degree of market transparency.”

Tanja Eisen, Global Director Multimedia GfK Entertainment: “The co-operation between SuperData and GfK Entertainment will help clients better understand the changes their market has been facing for many years. Starting with UK, we’ll continuously expand this service to other countries such as Germany and France – and further increase the market coverage, together with our long-time industry partners.”The partnership will begin delivery of combined sales charts shortly, basing the digital component on the monthly transaction-level data collected by SuperData on 48 million digital gamers. GfK Entertainment tracks games sales at retail.

Consumers spent $6.25B on digitally distributed console games and add-on content in 2015, up 24% year-over-year due to the momentum behind the current hardware generation and the release of several major titles in the 2015 holiday season.
Top selling digital console titles in January were Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 3, FIFA 16, Grand Theft Auto V, Destiny, and Fallout 4. Lower barriers to entry and a broadening of consumer appetite is expected to challenge the dominant position on digital console held by Activision, EA and TakeTwo Interactive.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/gfk-and-superdata-announce-industry-first-partnership/

The IGEA released an infographic on the Australian market a couple of weeks ago, now it's New Zealand's turn:

hRLptzY.jpg

Edit: And the 2015 Top 100 for New Zealand:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III , Activision
  2. Minecraft , Microsoft
  3. Fallout 4 , Bethesda Softworks
  4. Grand Theft Auto V , Rockstar Games
  5. FIFA 16 , Electronic Arts
  6. Star Wars Battlefront 2015 , Electronic Arts
  7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt , CD Project S.A
  8. Far Cry 4 , Ubisoft
  9. Battlefield Hardline , Electronic Arts
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare , Activision
  11. Battlefield 4 , Electronic Arts
  12. NBA 2K16 , 2K Games
  13. Rugby League Live 3 , Tru Blu Entertainment
  14. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited , Bethesda Softworks
  15. FIFA 15 , Electronic Arts
  16. Batman: Arkham Knight , Warner Bros. Interactive
  17. Call of Duty: Black Ops II , Activision
  18. Need For Speed: Rivals , Electronic Arts
  19. Call Of Duty: Ghosts , Activision
  20. Bloodborne , Sony Computer Ent.
  21. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate , Ubisoft
  22. Need For Speed 2015 , Electronic Arts
  23. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim , Bethesda Softworks
  24. LEGO: Jurassic World , Warner Bros. Interactive
  25. The Order: 1886 , Sony Computer Ent.
  26. Halo 5: Guardians , Microsoft
  27. Assassin's Creed: Unity , Ubisoft
  28. Mortal Kombat X , Warner Bros. Interactive
  29. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection , Sony Computer Ent.
  30. Forza Horizon 2 , Microsoft
  31. Lego Marvel Super Heroes , Warner Bros. Interactive
  32. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag , Ubisoft
  33. Dying Light , Warner Bros. Interactive
  34. Driveclub , Sony Computer Ent.
  35. Call of Duty: Black Ops , Activision
  36. Skate 3 , Electronic Arts
  37. Just Cause 3 , Square Enix Inc
  38. Dragon Age: Inquisition , Electronic Arts
  39. NBA 2K15 , 2K Games
  40. Little Big Planet 3 , Sony Computer Ent.
  41. Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor , Warner Bros. Interactive
  42. The Last of Us , Sony Computer Ent.
  43. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain , Konami Digital Ent.
  44. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare , Electronic Arts
  45. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse , Bandai Namco Games
  46. Injustice: Gods Among Us , Warner Bros. Interactive
  47. Destiny: The Taken King , Activision
  48. Disney Infinity 2.0 , Disney Interactive Studios
  49. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham , Warner Bros. Interactive
  50. Assassin's Creed: Rogue , Ubisoft
  51. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 , Activision
  52. Mad Max , Warner Bros. Interactive
  53. The Crew , Ubisoft
  54. The LEGO Movie Videogame , Warner Bros. Interactive
  55. The Sims 4 , Electronic Arts
  56. Destiny , Activision
  57. Gran Turismo 6 , Sony Computer Ent.
  58. Forza Motorsport 6 , Microsoft
  59. Evolve , 2K Games
  60. WWE 2K16 , 2K Games
  61. inFAMOUS Second Son , Sony Computer Ent.
  62. Final Fantasy: Type O HD , Square Enix Inc
  63. Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga , Lucasarts
  64. LEGO The Hobbit , Warner Bros. Interactive
  65. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls , Blizzard Entertainment
  66. Disney Infinity 3.0 , Disney Interactive Studios
  67. Just Dance 2015 , Ubisoft
  68. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection , 2K Games
  69. WWE 2K15 , 2K Games
  70. Far Cry 3 , Ubisoft
  71. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes , Warner Bros. Interactive
  72. Watch Dogs , Ubisoft
  73. Madden NFL 16 , Electronic Arts
  74. Skylanders Trap Team , Activision
  75. Rugby 15 , Big Ben Interactive
  76. FIFA 14 , Electronic Arts
  77. UFC , Electronic Arts
  78. Lego Dimensions , Warner Bros. Interactive
  79. The Sims 3: Starter Pack , Electronic Arts
  80. Terraria , 505 Games
  81. God Of War III , Sony Computer Ent.
  82. Titanfall , Electronic Arts
  83. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare , Activision
  84. Until Dawn , Sony Computer Ent.
  85. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars , Lucasarts
  86. Skylanders SuperChargers , Activision
  87. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege , Ubisoft
  88. Project Cars , Bandai Namco Games
  89. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! , 2K Games
  90. Driver: San Francisco , Ubisoft
  91. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood , Bethesda Softworks
  92. Batman: Arkham City , Warner Bros. Interactive
  93. Killzone: Shadow Fall , Sony Computer Ent.
  94. Halo: The Master Chief Collection , Microsoft
  95. Pokemon Omega Ruby , Nintendo
  96. Forza Motorsport 5 , Microsoft
  97. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire , Nintendo
  98. Sniper Elite III , 505 Games
  99. Super Smash Bros. , Nintendo
  100. Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 , Warner Bros. Interactive
http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/the-2015-new-zealand-igea-top-100-chart-powered-by-npd/0163738

More:
The strongest festive season in New Zealand’s PlayStation History has helped PlayStation post another record breaking year.

In addition to being the number one selling console last year, the PlayStation 4 now accounts for 65% of the current generation market value.

NPD Group data shows that PlayStation platform value share of the total market grew to 57%, a 10% increase year-on-year.

The Xmas week, was the highest performing of the year for the company, with December 2015 proving to be the highest performing month in New Zealand PlayStation history.

Luis Gil, NPD, said, “As PS4 maintains its leadership position in the home console market, it is evident that the home entertainment unit has played an instrumental role in the market success of the New Zealand Interactive Entertainment category.”

Michael Ephraim, Managing Director at Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and New Zealand added, “We are so proud to see the performance of the entire PlayStation business continue to go from strength to strength."

"We’ve exceeded all expectations in the speed of achieving our major milestones for this year, and welcome the inclusion of PlayStation VR, that will again elevate our proposition by pushing the boundaries of innovative technology. Our New Zealand players hold an invaluable role in making PlayStation the success it is and we’re incredibly proud to enjoy these achievements with them.”

The PS4 also impressed in the software category, outselling its closest competitor by double in both value (110%) and units (106%). The platform's software value and units grew by a booming 78% and 71% respectively compared to 2014.

2016 promises to be another strong year for the platform holder as the look to welcome Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Hello Games’ procedurally generated space exploration game, No Man’s Sky and Guerilla Games’ newest action RPG, Horizon Zero Dawn alongside the launch of PlayStation VR.
http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/ps4-celebrates-another-record-year-in-new-zealand/0163789

Top Bottom