• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panel De Pon DS , Super Paper Mario screens

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Shard said:
Hey but now it is in widescreen, which must count for something.

Oh shit, you're right. Didn't even notice. I do remember this being mentioned sometime back, but completely forgot about it.

I'm quite curious how the public will react to this. Assuming SPM delivers gameplay wise, I wonder if it could come near Sunshine's sales.

Paper Mario looks excellent, just one thing I'm wondering:

16438n2007022106spm03la5.jpg

Have they ever said why you can play as Bowser? Him killing koopas seems odd to me.

Krowley

Space A Cobra said:
Have they ever said why you can play as Bowser? Him killing koopas seems odd to me.

Yes, i'm pretty sure they've shown footage of you playing as the princess and as bowser. Probably works a little like smb2 in that regard, but i would guess you would have to find the other characters as you go through the game. You probably also have to level them up and add to their abilities.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Space A Cobra said:
He married Peach. Tentacle sex hentai and all Luke said, I'm sure he was aroused.

Krowley said:
Yes, i'm pretty sure they've shown footage of you playing as the princess and as bowser. Probably works a little like smb2 in that regard, but i would guess you would have to find the other characters as you go through the game. You probably also have to level them up and add to their abilities.

No I specifically meant Bowser. What with him being Mario's main enemy and all.

Krowley

Space A Cobra said:
No I specifically meant Bowser. What with him being Mario's main enemy and all.

Well in paper mario 2 you played as bowser a little bit, but you only had access to him in certain levels. This may work the same way... On the other hand, Maybe bowser reforms in this game and joins the mushroom team :lol

Or maybe, he turns good for a little while and then you get an FF style betrayal near the end of the game.

Bo130

Kirk said:
Panel de Pon looks totally generic, which sucks, but it might actually be better than the original Panel de Pon design anyway...But really, 4 players? It could be black and white for all I care, I'm in.

05.jpg

Game-Biz

Dragona Akehi said:
I know it's old news but: IntSys is the best developer ever.
I wouldn't say they're the best, but they are the most reliable. I can't think of any game they've developed that sucked. Not one. Even their lightgun shooting games were fun.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Damn, SPM has me seriously reconsidering my stance on not buying any new consoles. That shit looks hot. Why couldn't they just put it on both consoles like they did with Zelda?

monoRAIL

Banned
Panel de Pon looks fantastic to me. Vertical mode and stylus control only looks likely from those images. I'd miss the old frantic d-pad controls but I guess if everyone is using stylus control it'll be a whole new game.

They might re-brand it for the US, like they did with Yoshi and Tetris Attak.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
underfooter said:
Ugh, I hate how Mario has so much life, and only loses ONE HP when hit by the plant. If this game is too easy, like WAY TOO EASY like all of the Paper Mario RPGs, I'm skipping it.
it was a public showing so the difficulty always gets toned down...

who plays a mario game for difficulty anyway? :/

hirokazu

Nuclear Muffin said:
Thank God I have NPC!

If only I could use the classic controller with it :( FIX THIS NINTENDO!!!

yeah, the only gripe i have about it is the GC pad completely sucks. the stick feels weird to control Panel de Pon with and the d-pad is shitballs, so i have to use my SP as a controller. which means i can't take advantage of wireless Wavebird :/

the Dr. Mario & Puzzle League on GBA looks way better than that DS abomination too.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
underfooter said:
Ugh, I hate how Mario has so much life, and only loses ONE HP when hit by the plant. If this game is too easy, like WAY TOO EASY like all of the Paper Mario RPGs, I'm skipping it.

The one thing I see that could be annoying is how Mario is thrown back whenever he's hit by an enemy. I imagine that could be frustrating on levels with more platforming going on.

Top Bottom