• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panel De Pon DS , Super Paper Mario screens

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DMczaf said:
Super Paper Mario looks ****ing great. Hopefully its not short (how long did it take to beat Paper Mario GC?)
35-40 hours pretty long game

Infernal Monkey said:
Both look awesome.

DS sideways games = win (it's easier to hold the DS for extended periods of time that way :] )

*hug*

Glad people agree. Sometimes, I love playing Hotel Dusk and Brain Age simply because of that.

I'm really looking forward to Meteos: Disney Magic and Panel de Pon DS because of that, and I wish they had done this with more games (for instance, Clubhouse Games could have worked sideways for some games, or Polarium's puzzles, or a minigame game).

Neomoto

My god.. Super Paper Mario looks ****ing awesome. Nintendo is releasing too many GOTY games this year :lol
Kuroyume said:
Paper Mario looks ****ing ugly. Rectangles for clouds?
Yeah.. and what's up with those unrealistisc laws of physics? Everyone knows you can't switch a 3d world to a sideways 2d world! WTF Nintendo :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kuroyume said:

OK, who the **** approved the clouds. What kind of crazy bastard makes clouds rectangles.

Okay I guess the Helmet is part of the RPG elements in Paper Mario but I think it would be nice to bring back Suits in Mario Galaxy ala Super Mario Bros. 3 (The Frog Suit)

Different Suits found on different Planets :D

-

Okay back to Paper Mario... Square Clouds are the New 4-D

Pud

Banned
Wii said:
:lol What's with you and the helmet?
This is the second thread you've mentioned it.

spaceballs_1.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Kuroyume said:

The Wii can't do round fluffy clouds. Additional pikmin processing power is required.

Wii said:
:lol What's with you and the helmet?
This is the second thread you've mentioned it.

No I only responded to the helmet thing in the last thread, I forgot who started it but I'll search my post history. I'm sure I replied to it negatively... then I saw this Paper Mario Clip above then I thought about SMB3

so yeah now I do like the helmet idea

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Zilch said:
Can someone explain the appeal of Super Paper Mario?

It looks like an *extremely cheap* Flash game.

i'd agree if you were talking about PdP - it looks horrific. luckily the game is so good - that is, if they leave the original gameplay intact :)

hopefully it won't be forced touch controls only!

SPM looks great.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Disaster (most likely Day of Crisis)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
- Doubutsu no Mori [Animal Crossing]
- Forever Blue
- Hoshi no Kirby
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Strikers Charged
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Totsugeki Famicom Wars W
- Wii Health Pack
- Wii Music

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/2/21/bce4fca1790de731a55252f73ff4f721.html

Thats from there, does this mean Advance Wars Wii is coming? Totsugeki Famicom Wars W, whats Totsugeki?

What the hell have they done to Panel de Pon?! o_O

- Is it made by Intelligent Systems?
- What's the use of the second screen?
- Does it play with the stylus? (I hope not)
- If it plays with the stylus, can we play the old way?
- Is it WiFi?
- Why does it look like Lumines? :(

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
BrandNew said:
I think that's just Batallion Wars. Looks cool actually.

Anyone know when that's meant to come out? I've heard that it might be sooner than people are expecting.

Harukio

I'd rather have a stylish panel de pon, than see another garish, super childish looking Gunpey (DS).

I want both of these! NOW!
>:D

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Panel de Pon looks ugly there, as if they kept the colourful blocks but changed the backgrounds to look flashier - at least change both so its consistent!

but it probably looks really nice in motion with music etc.

but wtf is going on with the two screen usage?

Munin

Bleh, Panel De Pon looks so exchangeable and sterile...calling it Tetris Attack back then might not have been the best marketing move, but at least it had character and style...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So...is Panel De Pon DS online? I really, really hope that's the case. Would be disappointing if it's not, even though it's Panel De Pon and all. I don't mind the different style really, just gimme online and I'm all set.

And Super Paper Mario looks great, the only thing I find kind of jarring is how they mix different art styles (detailed 2D characters and very simple retro shapes) too much. But perhaps that's the point, a Mario game on crack. :p

Lee N

Membre
The backgrounds in Panel de Pon DS reminds me of the art style in the bitGeneration games.. and it clashes a bit with the PdP-blocks.

Do we know who's developing this?

Meier

Zilch said:
Can someone explain the appeal of Super Paper Mario?

It looks like an *extremely cheap* Flash game.

You shut your mouth. SPM looks like the best game, well perhaps ever. Good lord those graphics are a thing of beauty. April can't come soon enough.

OMG its been said a hundred times already, but Super Paper Mario looks AMAZING!!!
I truly can't wait!!! Another reason why 2007 will rock for the wii. Now if only GDC was here and we found out some more wii news.

Jonnyram

Thank god noone went to Famitsu's site to check the PdP details eh.
You can have 4 players over wireless LAN, there are also wi-fi battles (doesn't say if it's 4 players or not) and you can voice chat while battling.

Oh, and it's developed by Intelligent Systems.

Slacker

1. OMG SPM I MUST HAEV IT +1

2. Ooh, the idea of a WFC-enabled Advance Wars on the Wii makes me feel all funny. The control would be perfect, point and shoot if you prefer, or turn the remote sideways NES style. We only need two buttons for the most part anyway right? Drool....

Aeana

Hmm... if Panel de Pon is sideways like that, how can you use the buttons to move the blocks? :( A touchscreen mode is just fine, but if it's touchscreen only... that stinks. :( I've used the homebrew Tetris Attack DS and using the touchscreen mode feels like a completely different game. I like to play with both!

And I never liked holding the DS sideways, anyway... it's not very comfortable with a regular DS (I don't have a Lite).

Top Bottom