• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papers Please: The Short Film

FMbarbarian

Wasn't sure whether to put this in Gaming or OT.

I am very impressed. Its the best film adaptation of a video game that I can think of.

Last edited:
It's amazing how they managed to keep the look and feel of the game. Also, it was pretty heartbreaking to see how he let the wrong one in and kept the wrong one out. Bureaucracy is a cruel thing, too much of a blunt tool when it comes to the delicacies of human fortune.

1morerobot

This was good. Are there any other short films like this based on games that anyone can think of? I remember a decent CoD one.

WaterAstro

I saw it yesterday when Lirik was streaming it and it was fantastic. Really good production quality.

The one thing I don't get is the part where Elisa comes in and the ticker says don't let Kolechia in. Umm I guess the terrorists had forged passports? The guy had Orbistan, so I guess I should assume the wife had Orbistan too?

I suppose the terrorist attack was a response to the ticker or the other way around, and the inspector got karma'd for letting go of the mistake and letting the Kolechia terrorist through.

Top Bottom