• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount sets dates for GI Joe, Micronauts, D&D films

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Paramount Dates Future Franchises For 2020 & 2021: ‘G.I. Joe’, ‘Micronauts’ & More

The long-awaited third G.I. Joe will march into multiplexes on March 27, 2020.
The feature adaptation of late ’70s Mego/Takara toys spaceman line Micronauts will blast off on Oct. 16, 2020.
Dungeons & Dragons will open on July 23, 2021. New Line made a go at a feature version of the popular 1970s/1980s role-playing game 17 years ago making only $33.8M.
An untitled Hasbro film has also reserved Oct. 1, 2021 on the calendar.

Hasbro has a development deal with Paramount, so we've known about these projects (most likely in a connected universe) for a bit now, but it sounds like they're getting serious

wondermega

Did anyone even ask for a third GI Joe? Wasn't the second one essentially sent to die? Watched the first one and figured I was good for life..

LordRaptor

Weirdly I don't see the public outcry to bring Rom and the Micronauts into the MCU like they did for the Xmen, FF and Spiderman

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did anyone even ask for a third GI Joe? Wasn't the second one essentially sent to die? Watched the first one and figured I was good for life..

I know the 2nd movie has its defenders. It's certainly more entertaining than Rise of Cobra, which is basically unwatchable. With as much time as they let pass, you'd imagine they would just reboot. And If The Rock isn't signed on, they might as well.

kunonabi

I know the 2nd movie has its defenders. It's certainly more entertaining than Rise of Cobra, which is basically unwatchable. With as much time as they let pass, you'd imagine they would just reboot. And If The Rock isn't signed on, they might as well.

I'd be fine with a reboot if that means we get a proper Duke on screen.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
What a bunch of crap. Hope they all crash and burn at the BO.

DiscoJer

Oooh, Micronauts. They were like a proto transformers in a way. While you they didn't transform, could could switch arms and legs between them

Don't remember much about them other than that.

Is GI JOE still popular? Haven't seen them around since 1990s.

Through i guess it might be targeting 30 something year olds who used to play with them as kids.

120v

probably just another stab at the franchise. another sequel wouldn't make sense at this point

Top Bottom