• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Film studio" Paramount team up Hasbro for a cinematic universe (GI Joe, MASK etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire

Banned
Leave my little pony out of this.

If it gets its own cinematic universe it should crossover with sailor moon and care bears.

Magic: the Gathering vs. Transformers. The script practically writes itself.

Not much of a conflict if a red mage casts Shatterstorm.
229.jpg

Speaking of Transformers crossovers, I actually do think a crossover between Transformers Animated and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic could work well. The tone of the former wouldn't clash much with MLP, unlike other Transformers series, and you could get the art styles to work together with some adjustments. Animated even ended on season 3 with Optimus having just become leader of the Autobots and having trouble flying, just like Twilight in MLP at the end of season 3 / start of season 4, so you could have interesting stuff with Twilight and Optimus relating to each other. Other possible character interactions are Sari getting excited about all the unicorns and Starstream vs. Rainbow Dash, referencing that one Death Battle video.

sarcastor

MASK vs GI Joe makes the most sense but since theres like 15 people in MASK and like 80 in GI Joe, its not a fair fight.

How the hell are they gonna shoe horn in visionaries and micronauts? Might as well throw in Jayce and the wheel warriors or some shit.

Glowsquid

MASK vs GI Joe makes the most sense but since theres like 15 people in MASK and like 80 in GI Joe, its not a fair fight.

fun fax: Matt Tracker was a G.I. Joe ARAH 25th anniversay line figure, and his toy bio reimagined MASK and VENOM as spec-ops divisions of g.i joe and cobra.

How the hell are they gonna shoe horn in visionaries

After re-watching that super intense intro again, I can picture it now.

G.I. Joe is laying down the law on some generic bad guys and here comes some aliens from outer space.

Duke says, "Whoa, what are we doing to do about those guys?!"

General Hawk chimes in, "I know who to call," queue Visionaries intro music.

Not too sure about Micronauts, but I assume they could fill the Ant Man/Atom area?

Penguin

Some good talent involved

Michael Chabon, who wrote the novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and worked on Spider-Man 2, Brian K. Vaughan, the creator of seminal comic works Y: The Last Man and Saga and showrunner of Under the Dome, and Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman, will help develop a plan for the creation of an interconnected onscreen universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

Also in the group are:

► Lindsey Beer, who was just hired to adapt Kingkiller Chronicle for Lionsgate
► Cheo Coker, showrunner of Marvel’s Netflix show Luke Cage
► John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, the comedy writing team who penned Spider-Man: Homecoming
► Joe Robert Cole (a writer on People vs. OJ Simpson who is also writing Black Panther for Marvel)
► Jeff Pinkner, who wrote the adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower)
► Nicole Riegel (writer behind the Blacklist script Dogfight),and Geneva Robertson (one of the writers of new Tomb Raider movie project).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-cinematic-universe-takes-shape-886316

Ophelion

Goddamint, Hollywood! Stop trying to make shared universes happen! Shared universes are not going to happen! You are not Marvel, your properties are not Marvel, stop trying to be fucking Marvel!

And now Hasbro has killed all their individual cons for GI Joe and Transformers, they are all being put together one one big hasbro con too

sphagnum

Banned
I never really understood why Bayformers and the GI Joe movies didn't explicitly take place in the same universe.

Should've already had a crossover at this point.

I never really understood why Bayformers and the GI Joe movies didn't explicitly take place in the same universe.

Should've already had a crossover at this point.

Or why Bay wasn't given GI Joe. Hes military fetish is so strong, and parts of Transformers felt like GI Joe movie in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom