• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paranorman has one of the best final confrontations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
yup, Paranorman is a visual spectacle indeed, much like Rise of the Guardians, another immensely underrated 3d cartoon

Agreed O.P!
Paranorman is just such a great movie.
Gonna re-watch it again this week to get in the Halloween spirit.
This and Monster House are awesome to watch around this time of year!

Shaanyboi

Banned
yup, Paranorman is a visual spectacle indeed, much like Rise of the Guardians, another immensely underrated 3d cartoon

I thought Rise was solid on a visual level, but I think the script was bland. All the comedic beats that worked were the visual gags, stuff that the storyboard artists probably included themselves.

I saw the movie in a theater and when that part happened a woman a few rows in front of me made a disgusted noise, got her kids and left. Sad she let her personal beliefs ruin a movie for the kids.

What a sad person... I wish those kids luck.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I thought Rise was solid on a visual level, but I think the script was bland. All the comedic beats that worked were the visual gags, stuff that the storyboard artists probably included themselves.

agreed, merely from a visual standpoint. The Sandman was just incredible, and so was the bad guy whose name I forgot. Hotel Transylvania, which is perhaps the most impressive 3d animation out there also suffers from a rather weak script, which is a damn shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom