• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper and Gitaroo Man creators announce Project Rap Rabbit

Deft Beck

Matthew Pellett has updated his Twitter profile to note that he is the communications manager for Project Rap Rabbit.

nachum00

I'm excited

The character designs make me think of Usagi Yojimbo
usagi-yojimbo-print.jpg

Guymelef

Doing some deep diving into the account's followers...

Matthew Pellett is the product manager of PQube, a UK-based games publisher, who has published such games as Fate: EXTELLA and the upcoming Akiba's Beat. They also own and operate the online games retailer Funstock.

Kamipallet, who appears to be the game's character designer, has been reposting a lot of UE4 and Unity stuff on their timeline. A lot of Comiket indie game projects, too; an indie game of theirs appeared at Comiket 91 and they plan on attending BitSummit.

Andy Tsai appears to be a localization manager who works at iNiS.

Keiichi Yano, well, is one of the big heads behind iNiS.

--

If I were to guess, this could be a mid-budget digital title on PS4/PC with a limited console physical release.

EDIT: From a quick look at iNiS' website, they have also been doing UE4 engine tests.

Matthew Pellett has updated his Twitter profile to note that he is the communications manager for Project Rap Rabbit.

Nice catch.

soultron

Banned
Character design is a bit busy for my tastes. Want to hear the voice and whatever instruments they may play. Is this going to be 2D? 3D?

Optimistic though.

Doing some deep diving into the account's followers...

Matthew Pellett is the product manager of PQube, a UK-based games publisher, who has published such games as Fate: EXTELLA and the upcoming Akiba's Beat. They also own and operate the online games retailer Funstock.

Kamipallet, who appears to be the game's character designer, has been reposting a lot of UE4 and Unity stuff on their timeline. A lot of Comiket indie game projects, too; an indie game of theirs appeared at Comiket 91 and they plan on attending BitSummit.

Andy Tsai appears to be a localization manager who works at iNiS.

Keiichi Yano, well, is one of the big heads behind iNiS.

--

If I were to guess, this could be a mid-budget digital title on PS4/PC with a limited console physical release.

EDIT: From a quick look at iNiS' website, they have also been doing UE4 engine tests.

good finds!

i did some searching around for info about inis j, and according to articles linked from their site, this is a "restarting" of inis. it says they want to diversify the kind of games they make to broaden their appeal. but their first game is another music game so i suppose we'll see lol

also while i wouldn't be surprised if this is UE4 considering recent job ads they've posted, infinite arms was UE4 which was likely the reason for those tests

Gitaroo Man deserved way more sales than it initially got. Shame, since it's the best game in the genre for me. Absolutely love it. Probably the only game in the genre to give me feels, too!

Will buy this, long as it's on console. Pretty sure inis can do no wrong here.

Piggus

I spend like two hours and way too much money on JP PSN cards getting Gitaroo Man on my Vita. The music in that game is fantastic.

Redx508

Gitaroo Man deserved way more sales than it initially got. Shame, since it's the best game in the genre for me. Absolutely love it. Probably the only game in the genre to give me feels, too!

Yea Gitaroo Man is so good.

Brunire

hqdefault.jpg

Deft Beck

Gitaroo Man also would have never happened if Keiko Erakawa, one of the founders of Koei, and a notable early example of women in the games industry, didn't encourage its development.

Some more Gitaroo Man trivia: According to a 1UP interview, Gitaroo Man originally started development on the Dreamcast.

iNiS is the only developer so far who has managed to make multiple heart-wrenching moments in their rhythm-action titles.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I loved Gitaroo Man back in the day. I S ranked every song on Master play except Sanbone Trio. Never played Parappa. It just looked too easy to be fun by the time I first saw it. I also don't like the rap theme as much as the more poppy and rock music in Gitaroo Man.

Top Bottom