• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Parasite Eve 3)rd Birthday: new screens

jiggle

was checking famitsu for vs13 screens and saw these

2uz78g2.jpg

f4mhon.jpg
n6b8kk.jpg

sc3xfs.jpg
4smiwn.jpg

wgp7hs.jpg
2zejkn4.jpg

2r4ipmg.jpg
3485y4n.jpg

a9u8lx.jpg
2hqtn6c.jpg

20ifky.jpg
2z8429d.jpg

20s6006.jpg
2e6eoeh.jpg

moar at : http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1236788_1407.html
and http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1236866_1124.html

Aeana

I think it looks really, really good. I'm a bit wary of the idea of squadmates and radio communication in a Parasite Eve game, but we'll see how it goes.

I think the fact that Aya's clothes start to degenerate as she takes damage is kind of dumb, but eh.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

sca2511

nice looking shots, looking forward to this. I've beaten the original(sort of forgot the story, though i know i really enjoyed playing it), but haven't played the second. Is the second one as good as the first?

Pooya

andriasang

Aya Brea, pictured right, is the main character of The 3rd Birthday. She's a federal agent in New York. Once an FBI agent, she's now a part of CTI. That's Counter Twisted Investigation.

Aya is not all that skilled in combat, but because she's the only person capable of using Overdive, she's been tasked with wiping out the Twisted, strange creatures who've invaded Manhatten. Using Overdive, Aya turns herself into a spiritual existence that can board and take control of the bodies of other people. This plays a major role both in the game's story and in its battle system.

During battle, Aya uses Overdive to take over the bodies of the soldiers who have spread across Manhattan in the fight against the Twisted. Doing this gives you control of the soldier. You basically become the soldier, inheriting his life and weapons -- although it still looks like you're controlling Aya.

There's no limit to how often you can execute your Overdive move. One suggested use for Overdive is to switch off from one soldier to another, positioning everyone in order to surround enemies.

In one set of screens in the Famitsu.com story, you can see Aya, hidden behind a barrier, doing her Overdive move to take control of a soldier on a raised platform. When selecting targets for Overdive, you can see in advance the weapons you'll gain access to once you've jumped over.

When actually blasting away at enemies, you have access to a lock-on button for locking on with a single button press. You can also switch off between weapons quickly, something that will be of importance given the variety you'll find in the Twisted foes.

The game also includes systems such as "Libertation" and "Radio" which will be detailed later.

You might have noticed that some CG scenes show Aya with her clothes torn. As you incur damage, Aya's clothes tear. This allows us to see more of the character, but it also means you'll take even more damage.

Famitsu notes that The 3rd Birthday's Aya has a slightly different image from the Parasite Eve Aya. There's apparently a reason for this that will be cleared up as part of the game's story.

Parham

Banned
Those screenshots look really good. This game, along with a couple others, makes me wish I didn't sell my PSP five years ago. :(

Aeana

sca2511 said:
nice looking shots, looking forward to this. I've beaten the original(sort of forgot the story, though i know i really enjoyed playing it), but haven't played the second. Is the second one as good as the first?
Not even close.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wish it would've had PE1's combat style, but whatever, atleast we're getting a new entry and it wasn't Samurai Legend Musashi'd.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks really great. Seems pretty on par with Crisis Core, which I thought looked gorgeous for PSP. This game and Agito are pretty much the reasons I still have a PSP.

Aeana

thetrin said:
Looks really great. Seems pretty on par with Crisis Core, which I thought looked gorgeous for PSP. This game and Agito are pretty much the reasons I still have a PSP.
Agito's going to be soooo awesomeee. It's too bad it's gotten the least attention of all three Fabula Nova Crystallis games around here. There's even more info available for it than Versus! :(

ATB kai yess.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
M3d10n said:
Squad shooter? Notsureifwant.jpg

I dunno, I think it's a pretty awesome concept. Has potential to be much better than PE2 (not that it would be difficult). Too bad I'll probably never play it. :(

I'm holding out for a proper RPG sequel on consoles.

Espada

The screens look great, but the info made my right eyebrow go up and stay there for the duration of that section. I've got a bad feeling about this one.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Aeana said:
Agito's going to be soooo awesomeee. It's too bad it's gotten the least attention of all three Fabula Nova Crystallis games around here. There's even more info available for it than Versus! :(

ATB kai yess.

Is it still a PSO/MonHun style game? It better have infrastructure or I will be angry. >:O

Aeana

thetrin said:
Is it still a PSO/MonHun style game? It better have infrastructure or I will be angry. >:O
Infrastructure is confirmed to be in the game at this point, although I guess they could take it out before it's released.

As for PSO/MH... what's known about the game doesn't really point to that. It is a fully-featured Final Fantasy game with multiplayer, maybe more along the lines of DQ9.

It seems like most people don't really know a lot about Agito, because the information hasn't really been presented in a straightforward way in English. I think I'm going to try to do something about that.

Don

Looks great.

Did the previous two games ever get released in Europe, and are they worth trying to play before this comes out?

Don said:
So I would need to import the first one. It would be cool if they put 1 and 2 up on PSN.
Apparently there are some licensing issues (the series is based on Japanese fiction novel). I personally don't understand why they can't simply relicense it, but a lot of people have been saying it won't ever have a digital release.

duckroll

It's not just a digital release that is unlikely. If you look at Square's re-release track record, the first Parasite Eve is the only blockbuster in Japan in their library which has never seen a re-release in any form. There has to be some reason for that. The original PE sold almost 1 million copies in Japan, yet it has never been re-released on any budget line. PE2 on the other hand did get a Millennium Collection re-release in Japan.

There's definitely something up with the series' licensing, because it's even more unusual that they would abandon the series title and go for a third game with 3 in the title, but not Parasite Eve. :lol

I have a question: what kind of game is this? RPG? Shooter? Hybrid?

I thought it was an (old skool turnbased) RPG, but the screens show some shooting... Is it comparable to something like Mass Effect or am I stupid? :lol

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So Aya is taking control of the bodies of members of a paramilitary quasi-special forces unit -- of which Oscar Wilde is a member -- to fight crazy monster things in Manhattan. But she's really just taking over their bodies, they're not actually turning into Aya, and the representation as such is merely a stylistic choice.

So it's sort of a sci-fi Rainbow Six RPG wherein whichever character you elect to take direct control of is represented by an attractive woman (who isn't really there) whose clothes (which aren't really there) fall off when damaged to reveal her cut and/or abraded skin (which isn't really there). This is possible because mitochondria.

Ricker

Notorious_Roy said:
I have a question: what kind of game is this? RPG? Shooter? Hybrid?

I thought it was an (old skool turnbased) RPG, but the screens show some shooting... Is it comparable to something like Mass Effect or am I stupid? :lol

The first was like that but this one is more like 2,which i`m a little disappointed in but it still looks like fun though,they are straight up shooters now I believe but the story and settings could be great.

Kyoufu

Game looks cool but I can't help having doubts about it. Parasite Eve 1 was incredible. I wish they had been more faithful to the style of that game rather than the disappointing sequel. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

dili

Pretty much almost all the screens released so far show Aya in ripped clothing or nude and we still haven't even seen the shower scene yet!

Top Bottom