• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parents with kids who are distance learning. How is it working out for you?

nush

I got a 6 year old... and man this digital learning is trash. I can see the potential for it to be a great tool. But the schools here in GA just use it to play videos. Teachers are on every so often to actually teach. I feel like a whole generation is going to be held back due to digital learning. Now every excuse they can get they stop classroom learning and do digital learning.

The end of snow days, now they'll become digital learning days.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
All the old people will be grateful about the sacrifice your kids made, then will proceed to die in the next few years anyway lol. Seems like solidarity flows only one way.
Let's complete the circle and get those Soylent Green factories up and running, right?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently they are expecting kids to wear masks in Schools at all times in classrooms, and I couldn't imagine doing that when I was younger.

I do worry how this pandemic is going to affect kids. They really do need that social interaction with others, and face to face support with teachers. We are in very odd times.

Ionian

Apparently they are expecting kids to wear masks in Schools at all times in classrooms, and I couldn't imagine doing that when I was younger.

I do worry how this pandemic is going to affect kids. They really do need that social interaction with others, and face to face support with teachers. We are in very odd times.

That sounds like a nightmare for the poor kids. Not because of the precaution (needed) but simply it has to be a distraction when they are learning, kids are tough enough to teach from what I remember being in school when I was one.

To be growing up and learning right now has gotta be a nightmare for both the children and parents. A loss of innocence, sad that it is needed.

EDIT: to add to that, home lecturing for college students sounds like a nightmare as well. When I went I very quickly learned not attending lectures made a huge impact on my grades, far to easy to get distracted and casually forget about everything until the last minute when exams were coming up. Luckily I could manage it. Saw so many people who sporadically attended lectures either drop out or repeat years. Some people the same years more than once.

Can't beat being around other people wanting to learn. It rubs off on other students with the sharing of information.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds like a nightmare for the poor kids. Not because of the precaution (needed) but simply it has to be a distraction when they are learning, kids are tough enough to teach from what I remember being in school when I was one.

To be growing up and learning right now has gotta be a nightmare for both the children and parents. A loss of innocence, sad that it is needed.

EDIT: to add to that, home lecturing for college students sounds like a nightmare as well. When I went I very quickly learned not attending lectures made a huge impact on my grades, far to easy to get distracted and casually forget about everything until the last minute when exams were coming up. Luckily I could manage it. Saw so many people who sporadically attended lectures either drop out or repeat years. Some people the same years more than once.

Can't beat being around other people wanting to learn. It rubs off on other students with the sharing of information.
I literally struggle to wear a mask in the shop for a short amount of time. I get so breathless and panicky. I couldn't imagine wearing one all day in a classroom. Really do feel for the kids.

You have to imagine how many kids are actually going to be doing proper mask hygiene as well. Making sure they are not using the same cloth mask over and over again without cleaning it for example.

Top Bottom